Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cicero

client crashing for nvidia users

MM as much as i love EL i dont want to downgrade my drivers will this be fixed in the future because it is starting to annoy me.. Or do ill have to download linux next to it so i can play it normal?

I dont know WTF you guys Talk about i TRIED downgrading my Drivers... it JUST DOES NOT WORK!!! I still Crash

I've done some testing on this.

My system :

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (1.67GHz)

256 MB Ram

NVidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400

Running on Win XP.

Now, prior to switching to the 45.33 drivers I would get constant crashes, in particular in crowded areas (and very often when particle effects were happening [ie. bags disappearing, people logging in/out]), before downgrading my drivers I tried playing around with the screen and client resolutions, originally I was running on screen resolution 1024x768x32 with the client on 640x480x32, this worked fine untill the update with the guild tags upon which it became highly unstable.

I then switched down my monitor resolution to 640x480x16 and ran the client in the same resolution, this was also quite unstable though it did seem to reduce the crashes by some but was so hideously ugly I upped the monitor and client to 800x600x32 which was a significant improvement, crashes became much less frequent, this may also have been because I disabled shadows and clouds. After this I downgraded my drivers to 45.33 and ran this for about a week suffering only 2 crashes compared to the 8-10 crashes I had on my original setup. Still, 800x600 is a pretty nasty resolution and I was forced to go back to 1024x768x32 - for both client and monitor, and after this my crashes became more frequent again. Not extremely frequent but I crashed twice on the first day of using this resolution, always in crowded areas.

This is not a complaint or a cry for help since I am quite comfortable with the current setup, I can take a few crashes now and then, but hopefully it will be of some help to you.

my system:

AMD athlon xp 2500+ (1.83GHz)

512 duel channel DDR

128 nVidia FX series Gigi 5200

Win XP

upuntill one of the updates, either zoomin or clan tags id NEVER crash never did ..now i cant use 3 essances with out crashing ..i ALWAYS crash when makein potions magic or alchmey ..probly manu too but i dunt do that it dont matter if there is only me at the stash or 100 ppl there ,in a town or some far off place in the bush i still crash... i have never crashed while fighting or doin any thing else only those things... i have tryed down gradeing drives and this didnt work ..im yet to try all the series drivers but at 20m download each time is $ ..and i shouldnt have to downgrade :evil: it makes half the other games i play look crap or run bad ...please fix this ;)

I'm running the 53.03 Nvidia drivers and I've noticed that running the 'tradeoff' exe, i have far fewer crashes if I run in windowed mode, than if I try to run the same exe in full screen mode. Its not perfect, but certainly tolerable. Before switching to windowed mode, I could crash every 5 minutes if I was in a busy area (crowds of people or buildings). It was extremely frustrating. In windowed mode I only crash once an hour or more. Thats tolerable, and reminds me to take a break to protect my wrist from over use.

Is everyone that is suffering heavy crashes running full screen? That last comment that windows has much fewer crashes might be something for people to test and report on!

Please post what the results are with windowed and full screen under what version of the drivers.

LMFAO :lol: I've never had to change or upgrade/downgrade my drivers :twisted:

I run it in windows mode, and it crashes...

Same for me

interesting... different O/S perhaps? I'm running XP Pro, with all the updates.

One very odd thing I've noticed is that in the crash report that would normally go off to MS, it reports the O/S as NT. I haven't seen that in any other crash reports I've looked at and I don't even have an NT partition on this system, so there's something odd going on...

Is everyone that is suffering heavy crashes running full screen? That last comment that windows has much fewer crashes might be something for people to test and report on!

Please post what the results are with windowed and full screen under what version of the drivers.

I crash both in full screen and windowed, though it appears that I crash slightly less in full screen. I often crash when trying to switch from windowed to full screen also, and only in areas with a lot of people. VOTD storage is one trouble spot.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this