Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cicero

client crashing for nvidia users

Try this and see if it helps you at all:

Go to nvidia's site - http://www.nvidia.com/

click "download drivers" at the top

select graphics driver -> GeForce -> your OS (adjust as needed)

look on the left for "[your OS] driver archive"

click on the archive, and scroll down to find the latest drivers that start with a 4. On linux these are probably 1.0-4496, and on windows 45.33

download, install, reboot

Now see if you still have the same crashing and glitches.

I have the latest bios and drivers for my nvidia card and I have truble with it. Game crashes sometimes 10 times in less then 5 minutes.. But on the other hand it can run hours without a problem. It usually happens when i change my resolution or when i zoom in/out.

You didn't read this post very well. He's not telling you to download the latest drivers. He is telling you to download the newest one in the 4x series and NOT to tun the 5x series.

Try his suggestions and see how it works for you.

The problem persists after doing the above. It happens randomly, but can go for hours or entire sessions without issue, or 1 minute with a problem.

I was able to force it to occur sooner by alternating my screen size settings.

I have two different systems that are exhibiting the problem. Both Win2k machines, with similar video cards. Both have the problem with any video driver. Both used to run just fine.

Oops sorry, youre right learner I automatically assumed he ment us to download the latest drivers.

Im not degrading my drivers as EL is not the only game i play and most games do require the latest drivers for best performance.

As Aelric said the problem usually happens when changing resolution and it can happen several times quickly after each other.

In addition I run Windows XP, MSI GFX 5600 128 VTDR, AMD XP2800+

Try emailing the company, see if its something that they've made a specific patch for, but isn't on the driver's page. Or get them to make a patch.

Downgrading the drivers might solve the crash problem, but nothing else. I still have to see WTF is wrong with the name change. I wonder if it's a client or server problem.

eldwen and me i think figured it out if you missed an update that added a new creture or you dont have it in your files then when you get near it you take its place and cant see it its very confusing but its somethign like that we think

It's definitely client side. If that is what is happening, you should have something in your error log...

Ok, so new suggestion then. If you are experiencing the name change thing, delete your EL folder and redownload the full game (not updates).

Are we discussing two different problems here? One for assuming the identity of a creature, the other random(seemingly) crashs?

Update: Just went and grabbed the full download and extracted it to a different folder. Running from that after modifying the el.ini to match the original, I saw better FPS, and while in a shop I could change screen res without problems contantly for five minutes. As soon as I went out to VoTD storage, I crashed. :P

Okay, time for a quick update.

Last night I went and dloaded the 43.45 version from March 7th, 2003 Nvidia drivers. Applied them on my home machine and things appeared stable.

I've repeated the process here, and have yet to have a crash. I spent around 7-9 minutes switching resolution settings without a glitch. The last in the 4x series appears to have whatever bug that the 5x series of drives has.

Odd thing about this is that I used the 53.03 driver without any problems what so ever up until the Guild system was enacted.

Brief digging in google possibly points to too many textures being sent, overloading the drivers? Couple other things I saw, but that seemed most relavent.

I have an ancient comp with Nvidia. I was having all kinds of troubles since the update and I did the same for this comp as I did with the other. In settings I changed the color to high 16 bit and matched it with the options on the game. I do not run full screen so I don't know how it would work for that.

It doubled my fps.

I played all evening without a crash or severe lag. :lol:

So what should i do the rapair this problem now?

Install the 45.33 drivers or install the 43.45 drivers or just change some settings?

I have the newest drivers now and it doesnt work for me. So i need to change something.

i downgraded too, it does make it more stable !!

but still a few crashes a day are still happening so it didnt solve the main problem yet, but at least now im able to play for a reasonable amount of time

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this