Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nidan

-private- entry in ranking list

Why is there 1 person marked as -private- in the top 50 list?

I know who it is but I won't say it here in case there is a good reason for the player being set to -private-.

Or is it just a new feature like '#set_extra_privacy on'?

If that's the case, please tell me how to do that :blush:

Learner handles that, for a "fee".

However I also *think* that once you request it, you can never undo it.

He can explain more when he comes online, the rest of you who have no clue please refrain from posting about something you know nothing about.

What's the *fee*?

$5 will get a name marked as -private- or remove it from your name. It will stay in place until the server detects you deleted yourself, it will not follow a name change. Players wanting privacy to follow them with a name change will need to pay the privacy fee again.

There is no # command for this since this privacy is handled seperately from the game server.

This privacy only affects the Top pages, not the Ranking or other info on the game server itself. The filler -private- is left in place so that other players rankers aren't affected and to reduce confusion.

I also accept donations for maintaining and improving these pages :blush: so peole could donate without needing to change their privacy setting.

What's the sense of it if it doesn't cover the ranking as well? It a bit spoils all idea.

That means people would have to pull up a specific name and figure out it is a private one. I've left the ranking page open for the benefit of that specific user so they can see themselves. I am considering a password protection feature on the Ranking page as an additional option for the very paranoid.

Call me very paranoid :blush: I would like to see it this way. Other way I don't see much reason for this feature.

LOL Vanyel :hug:

I don't know if its being paranoid as much as wanting to play the game without feeling the hostility from other players because you are higher in stats than such and such... thus the desire for a privacy feature. I'm personally more than willing to pay the small fee.

Everyone who plays is not into the whole competition scene. I just love playing but its only natural after spending X number of hours clicking a mouse that you will excel and do well in at least one or more skills. Its fun to watch my stats go higher but its not fun for me to feel the pressure of competition. Thats not why I play.

I loathe players who know my stats and place on the top players list better than I do. Thats also their right to do that. I don't judge others for being competitive because its all part of the game as it is for most games of this nature.... even the game called life for that matter.

Some of us have enough competition in the real live world that we just want to relax and have fun here without that added burden.

Does any of this make sense?

yeah especially since most people figured out it was her right away anyway, all they have to do is rank her...

yeah especially since most people figured out it was her right away anyway, all they have to do is rank her...

And how many names will you check on the ranking table if she does another name change?

I wonder why so many high level fighters are so obsessed with me to want to know where I am all the time or to constantly rank wanting to is it me? I even wonder how some of you made it thus far in life without me, lol. :hug:

Learner offers a great solution for all players who are interested. It seems from the GC ranking thread that there are quiet a few who are willing to protect their privacy. Its also great for people who are buying and selling char or just want a new identity altogether without having to start over with a brand new char.

And how many names will you check on the ranking table if she does another name change?

Imagine checking out every single name online and still coming up with nothing because the player wasn't online at that moment, lol. :D

The password protecting of a players Ranking page is now live. Any player that has paid for that to be protected will show up saying -private- for their rankings now. Remember, these are two seperate privacy features.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this