Eternal Lands Official Forums
Learner

Should there be a Player Ranking for GC?

Player Ranking Enhancments  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Should Player Ranking for GC be added?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care

This sounds interesting, another goal for me :o . i think this will promote players to seek gc from npc such as selling essences, bars, and flowers to npc.

now i cant resist turning my silvers to bars and not HEs :P

I expect that it will mean players initially try to get their rank higher, but after a few weeks, the attention will be back off the list and things will normalise again.

I don't think that newbies are likely to beg from the people on the top of the list cos they generally beg from people in their shiney's on IP (and it serves them right! :o ). Anyone that is going to discover/bother to look up the ranking system is not going to be newb and theirfore should be posted in outlaws as a troublemaker!! :P:D (g0t #ignore anyone?)

Anyway, I'm all for it.

i voted yes.. although every1 can see how poor i am then lal

same here...

same here..i just looked..i have 1337 gc in storage \o/

1. Buy lots of stuff in EL store

2. ???

3. Be #1 in gc \o/ :P

Lorck reads Slashdot (Score:5, Insightful)

Slashdot rocks. :P:)

You think is unfair that those who actively support the game, by purchasing stuff, should be among the first players?

Not in a hall of fame or biggest contributors (honoring who have contributed in other ways) or something like that.

Anyways, lots of top players have bought chars and the practice of buying/selling/trading char is common place so it would be not much different than it is nowadays. ^_^

EDIT: the biggest difference is that player would actually support the game instead of paying to build up a char upon someone's else work.

Edited by Lorck

I voted no.

I am affraid people will compete for a number 1 ranking in this 'skill'. It can't be good for the economy if players are all saving up their money.

On the other hand, some people will hate to be ranked high on that list and will maybe buy loads of stuff just to decrease their amount of gcs.

no, dont like it. This way some rich naab (lucifer) can just buy their way to the top of the game without putting any real work into it. The skill lists show how much people have acheived, but a money list would show who is able to buy the most thermals from shop and sell them..

Voted No: a new flood on the market.

If there will be a GC rank, this must be public like must be public the levels in the skills.

Privacy in a game like this is a nonsense.

Blodoks

not needed for me, rich people with credcard wil show off even more!

and do you also mean items? or just gc in ur inv and storage

I voted yes. I'm not fussed about being on the list or anything, i'm broke anyway, but I think it may be a decent step towards getting an idea of how much money is in the economy. As long as its done properly, as to allow someone to see the true values and total values of money within the economy, go for it.

I voted yes. I'm not fussed about being on the list or anything, i'm broke anyway, but I think it may be a decent step towards getting an idea of how much money is in the economy. As long as its done properly, as to allow someone to see the true values and total values of money within the economy, go for it.

Start to check the player Cayenne [TM].

He's 24/7 at the apple of PL with privacy on.

Just curious about his stat and how many money he has.

Blodoks

When I was a newbie you told me that you were the richest player in EL. I halfway believed you but had doubts as to how you could know this info. I just assumed that you had some special access to that data which I knew nothing of since I was a newbie. :P

I voted NO.

My gc's and my stuff is my own buissnes.

I would vote for yes if there was a option fot that. Like privacy mode. I can set prviacy on, so no one knows my skills/stats. It should be done the same with gc's ranking.

Edited by BloodSucker

When I was a newbie you told me that you were the richest player in EL. I halfway believed you but had doubts as to how you could know this info. I just assumed that you had some special access to that data which I knew nothing of since I was a newbie. :blush:

My top was 510.000 gc 13-14 months ago.

Two day ago I was at 77 gc.

Today I have 130-140.000 (after 5 manu levels > fur pants)

The GC chart has sense???

---------------------------------------------------------------------

About that I said to you, was a talk with DonPedro (he was

at 850.000 gc at that time > 13-14 months ago), so I doubt

to have said "I'm the richest".

Blodoks

it would only be a good idea to put up this ranking if ppl werent able to buy from the item shop!

its just not a normal game ranking otherwise... we have ppl harvesting all day long manufacturing stuff working hard to make some GC, then u got ppl who just started the game, love it, have a credit card...

it is good for the devs tho :blush:

it would only be a good idea to put up this ranking if ppl werent able to buy from the item shop!

its just not a normal game ranking otherwise... we have ppl harvesting all day long manufacturing stuff working hard to make some GC, then u got ppl who just started the game, love it, have a credit card...

it is good for the devs tho :blush:

It's not just gcs that can be bought with a credit card. In theory it would be possible to buy stats too, if you pay say 1500$ for another player. Of course that's just in theory, tho ... :omg:

Also should be networth based on fixed price of items.

We've also said several times in several posts this won't happen and why.

My top was 510.000 gc 13-14 months ago.

Two day ago I was at 77 gc.

Today I have 130-140.000 (after 5 manu levels > fur pants)

The GC chart has sense???

---------------------------------------------------------------------

About that I said to you, was a talk with DonPedro (he was

at 850.000 gc at that time > 13-14 months ago), so I doubt

to have said "I'm the richest".

Blodoks

That makes sense, I think you said you were the second richest. But I still wondered how you could know, lol. You never told me that you had a talk with Don either. Even if you and Don spoke, you couldn't have possibly known what others had in their storage. Its not important now, its just a funny newbie memory.

The currency ranking makes just as much sense as the other charts which also fluctuate daily, etc.

Sidenote: As for you players complaining about other players buying stats, etc.. Some of you really contradict yourselves because you support the players who sell yet condem the players who buy. That makes no sense at all. I'm totally against it and for me the player who buys is no more wrong than the player who sells.. actually he is less wrong because if a player didn't sell his char in the first place, the other player wouldn't buy.

Edited by Savyl

yes but someone who buys a char hasnt played the game at all, and has put no work in. Someone selling a char has put in 101000101000 hours of playing.

I dont agree with selling chars but the buyer is wrose than the seller, they are the ones who actually buy it.

yes but someone who buys a char hasnt played the game at all, and has put no work in. Someone selling a char has put in 101000101000 hours of playing.

I dont agree with selling chars but the buyer is wrose than the seller, they are the ones who actually buy it.

How about they are equally wrong? The buyer couldn't buy if player "X" didn't sell. But, thats another topic altogether. :blush:

Ah! Now I see the reason...

First assess charaters' net worth.

Then start taxing them :blush:

Btw, for the purpose of assessment and ranking, it is valid to assign value to property, even though this will diverge from the market values over time; as used in RL.

Edited by trollson

In short,

I voted no. Gold coins by themselves do not accurately show the net-worth of players (as mentioned before). You might as well have a ranking of most magic swords, most blue lupines or most bones. It would be equally meaningless as a standalone ranking.

In short,

I voted no. Gold coins by themselves do not accurately show the net-worth of players (as mentioned before). You might as well have a ranking of most magic swords, most blue lupines or most bones. It would be equally meaningless as a standalone ranking.

I disagree because our currency is not based in items but gold and platinum coins. This is an economy based game and for me its only logical to have a currency ranking chart. Players do not strive to earn bones or even weapons but rather to use the gold to buy or to sell these items. If bones were the currency then yes but they are not. The items are simply a product/mechanics of a working economy usually created by a steady supply and demand which is powered by the currency and in this case its gold and platinum coins.

Once again.. YES! :blush:

Edited by Savyl