Eternal Lands Official Forums
Learner

Should there be a Player Ranking for GC?

Player Ranking Enhancments  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Should Player Ranking for GC be added?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care

I voted NO, since we're already losing a lot our privacy to the 'rankings' on the site(not that I don't use them though ;) ).

but IF it was implemented, I'd be a good idea to make players decide if they want to turn it on/off, just like privacy. :)

I voted NO, since we're already losing a lot our privacy to the 'rankings' on the site(not that I don't use them though :P ).

but IF it was implemented, I'd be a good idea to make players decide if they want to turn it on/off, just like privacy. :D

I do offer some privacy features now for a fes http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24944

I voted no for more reasons then one, first of all besides the uselesness of it (except for some part of the development perhaps), I foresee because of this list a more divided society, more begging and planned scamming, I think it is also an intrusion on privacy and I kinda object to the current set up. However the development of such a list is indeed for many players it seems also interesting and according to the poll so far today also wanted.

I don’t understand though and find it strange that I should have to pay now to have the information regarding my status of wealth, no matter how much or little I have, to be closed off. Not that I have the intention for it now, but that day might come. It just does not feel right.

This new ‘privacy’ mode currently introduced is also, I think, kicking all joy out of the top skill lists. I did not mind for instance if the person above me had his privacy on but at least there was someone’s name in stead of a now a few ghosts ( being human or bot called –private- ) I could interact if I wanted to. What “if†I have this new privacy myself and want to check my position… how can I check if I am for instance on the 11, 12 or 15th place if we are all called –private- ?

My suggestion is therefore perhaps that by default all players should be categorised ‘anonymous’ on this new wealth list, and with a fee, perhaps higher then there is now, players interested enough can buy the option ( hiring a spy or bribing a clerk? ) to reveal the names, and if certain players still don’t want to be revealed on this list they have the old option, to go ‘private’, which means when in-game ‘private’ is switched on they should not be revealed on this new list also.

Maybe it’s not as profitable this way, but then again maybe it is (?), but I prefer to donate to the game anyway then to might be forced to pay for something that I did not want in the first place. Perhaps I am wrong, I just think it would suit a lot of players including me, the “stats†people get all their data they need, players wanting to play according to this list have this option also, be it for a fee, players wanting to be mysterious or secretive about it can be private/un-private if needed without trouble, while there is an initial lot lesser chance of a divided society, harassments, planned scams and possible exclusions.

just my thoughts...

Edited by Nardo Lala

It will just punish the beggars more... Who cares if people beg..they will find that they are ignored by a big chunk of the community....

As for scamming..well then the person scammed would have to be an idiot to let themselves be scammed.

The ranking system may as well be flushed down the toilet... Like some one said..if people have privacy on that is enuff..if they show up on list as 'PLayer' just because they paid 5 dollars...then we will see the top 50 as all 'player/player/player/player/player... what rubbish... (but then again the developers will be a couple of hundred dollars richer....whats that? a good meal and a few drinks for a group of 4?)

I voted NO, because it is not very important to see how much money the people have.

Most people have more items than money (like me).

I think that profiling with money is not very usefull for the game itself.

But I dont like profiling anyway (on all things).

I play that game for fun and not for showing others how much I can do or not.

I voted YES!!

it would be fun to see who is the richest guys in EL... but i already got my idea lol :

1st : Chaoogie ( or maybe no coz of his sumoning stuff lol )

2nd: LuciferX

3rd: Atlantis

4th: Xanter

5th: Me!!! ( lol why not? ;) )

Hmm how about a list for platinum, then people would "want" to convert

I was planning on accounting for the platinum since they are directly convertable and are money.

1. Learner would win.

2. My suggestion on Suggestion forums is better. 8)

I votes Yes anyway.

I voted NO, because it is not very important to see how much money the people have.

Most people have more items than money (like me).

I think that profiling with money is not very usefull for the game itself.

But I dont like profiling anyway (on all things).

I play that game for fun and not for showing others how much I can do or not.

Remember that how much money people have isn't being exposed directly here. The only way it's exposed indirectly is by knowning how much money someone has and seeing people around them.

Also, keep in mind I did not come up with the original Top listings, I simply took over to keep the values accurate it and have been enhancing it to improve accuracy and added the privacy option.

I think yes and no. People would see you have money and constantly try to sell you something. And for fun yes, I think there should be something to enable or disable option for others to see it or not see it if that's included then yes.

I agree that you should be able to personally turn it on or off.

I think you should do networth, but like it's already been said you can't keep up with the ever changing market.

But what if instead of GC you have "wealth points" The wealth points of an item never change like the GC value does, (except maybe when new items are implemented) therefore making a networth possible.

[Edit]

Typos... and sorry if this has been suggested already, I didn't read all 5 pages. :)

Edited by Alderan

:P Whos the hells buisness is it, To know how much money,You have, Its invasion of privacy......

1.Rich players Begged to death

2. Poor Players Taunted to death.

3. Middle class players dont get no respect as usual.

-Mid

Yes on the count that you can set the privacy on it or not, because people seeing you have money might cause them to sell you stuff without your asking it.

i guess this means for those of us that like our privacy, the black market will just get bigger <shrug>

I really like the idea. It would give people another category to compete in. If someone doesnt want their name listed they would be someone playing the game more than enough to consider making the small donation to the game requires for the privacy.