Eternal Lands Official Forums
Learner

Should there be a Player Ranking for GC?

Player Ranking Enhancments  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Should Player Ranking for GC be added?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care

Should there be a Player Ranking section for how much gc a player has (carried+storage combined)? This would not be a Net Worth, just how much cash they have?

On the plus side, it would add something else for players to compete on.

On the minus side, less privacy for players.

Discuss & Vote!

maybe ill finally find out what all this utter junk in my storage is worth

edit:how2read?

even better \o/ i spend all my gc. how2bpoor

Edited by Chance

One ranking I personally wouldn't like to be in a top position - and I'm glad I usually have more junk than gc. I can see all the begging... voted no.

That new highscore list can be fun, downside is, that beggars would go then for the players with the most money.

Well, if it becomes a problem, they can still do an illegal same-ip-trade with one of their alt chars in switzerland :inquisitive:

Or, simply, turning privacy on will affect that list too.

Piper

i agree w/ molime, i could see it now:

newb: can u please loan me xxxxGC?

you: no

newb: but u'r ranked, #xx in GC u can afford it

you: no

newb: u'r just a cheap-ass i'm going to have all my newb friends bother u too untill u give me the money, because we know how much u have

newb: thanx learner u made this begging thing SOOO much easier!!!

lol

guess my vote

edti: just read piper's post, i didn't think privacy affected the ratings boards.

Edited by DemonCowboy

I think it would be interesting to see. I'd also like to see the actual amounts too.

About beggars, I don't think a list will make a newbie be any more or less inclined to beg than they already are. Most true newbies won't know how to get to such a list, or that it even exists. And even so, to a newbie, we're all able to afford it :)

Just say no.

Yes yes and YES!!

This is a brilliant idea. It would build an entirely new power/political structure where not only the top players in skill have prestige and recognition but also the merchants and more financially afluent players. Its an interesting concept which would also help to bring much needed balance to the game. The dynamics alone would do more to help improve the failing EL economy than any change of formula or any other new impliment. The competition to be on that list would motivate players to work harder to earn more gold/platinum coins. Let's give it a shot is what I say.

No secret for me, I'm one of the poorest players on EL because I give most of my items/gold away, lol. I'll probably be ranked at the very bottom of that list. I do think this is an exciting and original idea. I like it very much. We've got our social players, our casual players and our powers players.. its only natural that GC ranking should be on that top player list. :)

Yes yes and YES!!

This is a brilliant idea. It would build an entirely new power/political structure where not only the top players in skill have prestige and recognition but also the merchants and more financially afluent players. Its an interesting concept which would also help to bring much needed balance to the game. The dynamics alone would do more to help improve the failing EL economy than any change of formula or any other new impliment. The competition to be on that list would motivate players to work harder to earn more gold/platinum coins. Let's give it a shot is what I say.

No secret for me, I'm one of the poorest players on EL because I give most of my items/gold away, lol. I'll probably be ranked at the very bottom of that list. I do think this is an exciting and original idea. I like it very much. We've got our social players, our casual players and our powers players.. its only natural that GC ranking should be on that top player list. :)

I somewhat agree. Don't we have a lack of GC in the game right now? Wouldn't this just make people horde their money more and would have manu's not selling as many items? Hording their gold instead of buying a good stock of items I think would hurt the economy system. Then again, if we only have a top 20 list, let's say, then most players never expect to get on it in terms of GC because it's going to be the ancients who most likely will dominate. So hording gold may not be that big of a deal after all.

But seriously, I don't want to feel poor because the top players have 1 gazillion gold. I think I'm doing alright until I realize that I'll never be that good. :)

Then again, we could always implement this, like Savyl said. If it doesn't work, we could always take it away and there would be no harm done.

So I vote for an initial YES.

That new highscore list can be fun, downside is, that beggars would go then for the players with the most money.

Well, if it becomes a problem, they can still do an illegal same-ip-trade with one of their alt chars in switzerland :)

Piper

I'm adding a privacy feature to the Top list where a players name can be set to -private- without affecting ranking.

I say yes, but make it net worth, otherwise the richest people in the game aren't accurately displayed. Having 10 M gc in storage is useless, having thousands of potions, essences, armor, weapons, rings, etc. is what really determines how much money someone has.

I say yes, but make it net worth, otherwise the richest people in the game aren't accurately displayed. Having 10 M gc in storage is useless, having thousands of potions, essences, armor, weapons, rings, etc. is what really determines how much money someone has.

Net Worth would take too much time to keep up to date considering the constantly changing prices for items.

Well, if it becomes a problem, they can still do an illegal same-ip-trade with one of their alt chars in switzerland :)

Piper

I'm adding a privacy feature to the Top list where a players name can be set to -private- without affecting ranking.

well as long as privacy would work w/ it, then it wouldn't b that bad, otherwise i'd have started competing w/ savyl for the BOTTOM spot and never have any gc exept when i was just about to buy something. (not much different than it is now for me, but still...lol easier to keep my money in bars neway...lol

Piper

I thought privacy had already been fixed not to affect the rankings - You can see the name-in-rank, but not the stats anymore.

As for gc - having been on both sides of the economic turn recently ("how a rich player can become suddenly poor" and "how a poor player can become suddenly rich"), I would have to say, the idea intrigues me. However, having the list does make begging easier - you shoot for the top of the list, and aim down. Therefore, I'm undecided on this.

On the other hand - will we get to know how much gc each player on the list has, or just a ranking?

Ill vote yes, dont think it is to any harm to anyone.

And whats you to be proud off if you have a lot of gc..... :) .

Go spend it on skills.... that what gc is for?

Edited by Manderijn

Net Worth would take too much time to keep up to date considering the constantly changing prices for items.

A Net Worth could be an entirely separate top players list like we have with the attack and defense players list. A Net Worth could be based on a common demonator such as the base price leaving the fluctuating market prices out of it altogether.

There are currently many base prices listed in the encyclopedia. Of course this isn't something which could be done immediately. It is a nice program goal for the game.

I think it would be a fun thing to see so i voted yes.

Although the list should be affected by the privacy settings, if you have the privacy on the player shouldn't be on the list.

I'd like to see what the cash distribution is like, but not who has what.

I think yes and no. People would see you have money and constantly try to sell you something. And for fun yes, I think there should be something to enable or disable option for others to see it or not see it if that's included then yes.

I voted yes. Already it looks like most people want this. People are probably already starting to hoard their cash. I assume I won't be in the top 200 :-).

1. Buy lots of stuff in EL store

2. ???

3. Be #1 in gc \o/ :P

You think is unfair that those who actively support the game, by purchasing stuff, should be among the first players?

We have bills too, you know?

Other than that, very few people actually donate money, most of them buy stuff.

1. Buy lots of stuff in EL store

2. ???

3. Be #1 in gc \o/ :P

Lorck reads Slashdot (Score:5, Insightful)