Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
trollson

Item Quickbar for trival equipment

I was looking through Roja's FAQ for this forum, and started thinking about the wearing of rings:

Certainly, animating worn rings would be pointless, but also if "equipping" a ring uses a hand slot, then that too would be overkill. We could add more equipment slots, specifically for rings (or other minor items), but that starts to clutter the interface. I think there is another way...

Before I go in, I should make it clear that I am thinking about different types of rings to those already in the game -- not the stackable one-shot tokens, but more valuable permanent effect devices.

If a wearable ring is in the quickbar, it is being worn and active.

This gives you six "fingers" to adorn, but of course the quickbar slots are valuable, and this requires players to make decisions about how they fill them (decisions are good).

Now we have this application of the quick bar slots in mind, we can imagine other types of item which may constitute "trival equipment" ... more jewelry such as earrings, bracelet, necklass, whistle, ... well, anything that could be considered 'equipped' but not worthy of an actual equipment slot (and implied animation).

Opens up possibilities for new trivial equipment?