Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sam3773

Race's for the paid version (Replacments for Centaurs)

I like the halfling idea...I can picture halflings scurrying around EL :D Gnomes would be cool too. I just think that the races need to be pretty diverse (some games the races/characters have absolutely no difference...just appearance/description), so I don't know about the warlocks/barbarians. Dragon-person-thing is pretty cool, too...kinda reminds me of lizardmen, the way you described it :?

ive got 2 ideas:

1) Simpsons - self explanetry :D

2) Elders - A mixture of elf and dwarf, small and pointy ears, ery old and wise, said to have been started by an elven princess and a dwarven nobleman who loved each other but were killed by the prince, thee offsprings lived on

Gnomes would be about the size of a dwarf, but thinner, shorter arms.

I think for the others we'll make up our own races...everyone seems to like the Dragon type men..so i'll make some concept art for that eventually to see what you guys think. They will be more humanish than dragonish, but will still look really cool :D

giants will be a monster type. I'm goign to go with the dragon type race..i'll update the webpage for it in a bit.

I want to think of an original name for them....well i'll see what i come up with and tell me what you think :D

Cool, we're getting dragons (of sorts)! *dances round*

Let me ask the Grand Dragon Council for an idea on the name.

So as were sticking with the dragon-man idea, shall i take this off sticky mode roja?

I already put a name up, that's what i wanted you to comment on if you liked or not....and they wont' be very dragon like, as i said....they're much more human looking than dragon.

in code terms its damn easy. they just change your race setting on the server. but this should at most be a one thing only.

nice work roja :D looking forward to seeing the models :D

Well, they're going to be p2p only. If you have a free account and want to make it a p2p account, you would probably get the option when it was converted.

Can't really complain about the name lol cause the idea is cool. (Not sure, but I invented both races...lol, I ead through all the posts and I did not see one mention of a gnome, and the dragon-types all were too non-humanish. I said make it look more human. Oh well I could care less if its not lol.)

The name....errr.....I read lots of books and that is the worse name I have seen lol. Makes me think its the latin word for dragon, or some other language. I feel it should sound more authentic, or more relative to the creature. That anme just makes it sound totally dragonish whens its actually more human then dragon. (not complaining lol, jsut pointing out the obvious)

I say maybe make its ound more humanish or a mixture or something lol. Maybe Mandragoran (<--this is a city out of a book written in the roman times. Maybe earlier, but it sounds better then the other name lol.)

But good name for coming up with it off the top of your head.

Thanks guys!

Yes you will have the one time option of changing your character's race and such if you switch to p2p, without loosing your stats.

As for the game, well if you dont like it you can try coming up with better ideas. I'm pretty content with it though.

You know what, I really don't like that Arafin guy o.O

Personally Roja I love it! Especially the name ;D cant wait to see the models for it!! My question is are there going to be any more races? Another thing I'd need to know is where each race originates from (i.e. its pretty obvious the dwarves are mainly from the valley of the dwarves), so I know where their homelands are for the stories I do.

*Jumps up and down*

*Sticks his hand into the air*

*Jumps some more*

'Can I say something too?'

(OK; yeah right... ignore zthat if you want to :D)

OK; like, I know this is a little late, but I'd like to see Atronarch like things in EL. I know, it'd be a real hard ripoff from Morrowind, but still.

For those of you who don't (want to) play Morrowind, or haven't seen an Atronarch in it yet, here goes:

Atronarchs are humanoid creatures, a little taller than the average human, and they're subject to an element. (Like, you've got the Ice Atronarchs, the Fire Atronarchs etc).

This element would be comparable to the Atronarchs skin (red for fire, blue for ice/water, yellow for electricity, you get it).

Clothes would prolly burn the instant they tried to put them on, but to make it more fair to the Atronarchs (Who doesn't wants a 30 lvl cloak to fit your skin?), the element should prolly be radiated through it's skin.

Cool huh? (Within seconds after reading this you should forget it's a big ripoff :P)

Hm major ripoff of Morrowind

(Remembers the battle with the Atronarch in HML...btw did we ever defeat him? Anyway that guy was cool)

Nearly a minute has passed...hmm nope still a major ripoff :cry:

Hmm damnit, but you're right ofcourse. Just thought they were the (001357 (12347U1235 in Morrowind. (For those of you who can't or won't read 1337 (leet), it says coolest creatures... ah nvm)

And dah, ofcourse we kicked that guys ass! Nardo took one of his bones and made it possible for us to transport anywhere we've been! But I guess that was just two secs before the forums got deleted, and we had started out in this big wasteland... o.0 Hmm... the new forums were the worst thing that ever happened to HML...

But still, I'm in favour of some elemental creatures. Not mentioning any though, Tum might go mad again and remember it's original game :P

That is way too obvious of a ripoff. But i could see elementals as an enemy or a summon or both. And cat people/lizard people are a bit more common.

Also i've seen the half dragons from another game only they were called dracons.

could you have a tail that would be COOL :shock: atleast have them have a small dragon feature maybe like the hands be more dragonish or have SOMETHING that really misplaces them besides a longer snout

Edit: But I think small stationary wings would be the coolest Also a question is the P2P Version Coming SOON? I hope it does and I hope my leader can play it (can you give me a rough idea of how long until p2p version is coming out)