Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sam3773

Race's for the paid version (Replacments for Centaurs)

They could have a variety of colors, red, green, BLACK! XD But I think only I should get black, lol ^.^;;, white, blue, pruple, and pink  

Ahemmm....

*taps with right rear claw on the floor*

well.. If races with different abilities will ever be introduced to the game (as of now, being a dwarf just gives you another look, but no advantage/disadvantage over a human - but that is how Ent wants it to be IIRC), I would suggest an option for p2p players to change their RACE anytime they want, for a certain amount of platinum. BUT every time they change the race, their stats should be rearranged according to some kind of system so a character who played a Dragon (wheee.. dragons... *g* I wanna be a black one too - me evil :twisted: ) won't end up with the dragon's positive abilities - like higher strange and so on. I think that would be really cool - on one hand we will get the chance to be anything we want (as Ent wants it t be), and on the other we can have different races with different abilities. The whole process should be visualized though... something like a Race-Changing-booth perhaps? :D (think of Futurama *hehe*)

Oh, and concerning Dragons: there should be male and female Dragons of course! That would be so awesome *dream on*

Dragons would be kinda cool, but i like monkeys better :P...here are a few more ideas i found on the DnD site thing

I guess a werewolf? not sure...just looks cool

MonFaePG15.jpg

Some kind of undead looking thing...

MonFaePG87.jpg

Dragonish thing i found...

MonFaePG45b.jpg

I dunno what this is but it looks PIMP!

MM35_PG128.jpg

Flayer??

MM35_PG187.jpg

Troglodyte

MM35_PG246b.jpg

Just some ideas maybe, obviously don't rip from these but they are basted off myth chracters, so you can like take it and modify it a tad or something :).

I am short on time this past week and I am short on time right now as well, so I will be short and sweet. I also did not read any of the previous posts so if my suggestion has been suggested then too bad.

Halflings-shortest of the races, and small. They would just be that....the smallest

Fairies-you can change size to just bigger then halfling or taller. Naturally very skinny

Vampires-Just cause it would be cool lol

Half-Elf/Half-Human-We all know elves do not have sex in just their own race, and as for humans....well all I have to say is....men lol

Gnome-short as a halfling, green, kinda skinny, walk funny

These are all up for change for all I care just stating some things. As for more dtails into the races I am only adding the following, the others are just self-explanitory more or less.

Fairies-Created by the Goddess Aluwen to protect and preserve. She developed them so well that they began thinking by themselves and although they were created by Aluwen and feel a longing to her they are not bound by her powers and can do what they wish freely because even Aluwen understands life should be preserved.

Gnomes-Mostly living in mountainous regions they are highly intellegent. No one is quite sure how they came into the world. Rumor has it they blew themselves upon the world after a failed experiment.

Halfling-Once humans these people were short. They were banished from the human lands because of their height. They all gathered in a small concetrated area and as time progressed, their bodies became much different. After over a century in the making these short people started to wander into other regions and no one knew where they came from, only that they were called themselves halflings.

There thats the best I can do for now lol. g2g

Gelflings should be in the free version so everyone could play as them.

for my *idea*, anyone should be able to use it, not just Gelflings.

Why are the centaure to big ? They can have the same size than deer. Just take a deer, smog him to the death, you will get a strange baby, hafl deer, half human : the centaure. And don't tell me Deer are to big, they can go everywhere - even in the building when we sumon them inside -

Keep in mind that the reason that Centaurs aren't going to be in there is because they would be too big. Describe something person-sized.

Oh, and stop suggesting dark elves. Make an elf, make its skin dark. Good greif.

I dont pay and im new but i will help. You should create a Gargoyle i think just make them small

hmm, i would love to walk around like a lizardman in a robe casting spells. but that is not likely to happen...

yah and cats always intrested me, but thats not going to happen because of another *coughEQcough* mmorpg out there, so we have to think of something else, time to get back to the drawing board!

Did u like my suggestion

Yes, but gargoyles are already in the game as monsters. It would get a bit confusing if players could become gargies too.

Ok I posted this somewhere else..dont know where now, and I dont think it's in this thread....

I think we will use gnomes to replace the centaurs. So the basic races for the p2p will be: minotaurs, satyrs, gnomes, orchans. And I don't know..perhaps we should replace orchans with a more original race type? Maybe something very similar to what an orchan would be..but not any half orc/half whatever...it would be a pure blood race just like the others. What do you guys think?

Guest Ashtyn

Why not try a race like a Siren or something. its human sized and would be a good race if you ask me. if not try like a Dryad or some sort of forest creature

Siren's live in the water..so that's not possible. And Dryads..well, "dryads are female spirits of nature " So are Sirens, btw..

Ok I haven't gotten too many other suggestions about the gnome idea....so I'm going to go with it.

Gnomes will replace the centaurs! I'll have an update on the race page soon.

Hm...now i'm not sure I want Satyr's anymore...the would be kind of awkward in fighting and I dont know how their leg armor woudl work...of course minotaurs woudlnt' have boots either, but they are more upright.

Perhaps we should make our own races up...someone said something about a dragon/human race, or maybe a race with wings, but doesn't fly only can flutter a bit. But I dont know if I want a race with wings then..

So come up with some original ideas, and don't make it too cheesy like, a cross between a horse, cat, and a human :D

I think we will use gnomes to replace the centaurs.

*sniff*

No dragons?

What if we ask reeeeeaaaaall nicely?

Please?

Oh!

someone said something about a dragon/human race

Yeah! EL definitely needs that! :)

Ok...I was bored beyond belief today...so bored in fact that I made a centaur model...check it out here. The centaur is at the bottom.

Anyone read Dragonalnce books.....anyways think of Tasslehoff. They have a race nam for themselves....no point in posting the name though.

This is based on a halfling, you can mix and match stories to make up on for them, but they would be cool to have.

Now Gnomes....can I see a picture of these lol. A gnome is described to be shorter then a dwarf, short legs, fat upper body, and usually wearing a funnt hat......that would be hard to design and be playable too....got something smacking a a cyclops feet while the cyclops is so tall he doesnt even feel it nor see it.

I did suggest them in this thread though and I think it is a good idea, just that centuars would be kind of cool to have.

New race to replace the other there is:

Warlocks: you might say that these arejust humans....not if we make them blue lol.

Barbarians: again maybe humanish, but we can add a little bit more orange to the skin or something and add more hair, and make them in suits like the Flinstones lol

Kilian: you dragon type, let me describe them. You can change the color like humans and such to give a little variety, NO TAIL, hands, feet, scaly appearance. That way its nothing too hard (well not as hard as adding a working tail and such). So a stepped chest with different color then scales. Bigger then normal yellow eyes.