Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scratch

#*%#@

I was trying to add to my att\def in the Nordcarn cemetary before I went on a mining expidition in the Crystal Caves. I had been tracking an Imp for a while (it was moving like a jack rabbit), when a dude wearing steel chainmail and toting a steel sword steps in front of it and attacks. To my surprise, the imp beats him down. I pick up his bag and PM him. He sends back that he wants his stuff and to come to the beam. I tell him that he needs to come get it. I start getting a volley of PMs from him that I need to type in #beam me up. I'm thinking, not only was I busy but I am not a DB delivery service. I've lost my bag a couple a times and I stepped and fetched where ever the person said. Including into Castle Vernor (nevermind that was where I got killed). I told him again that he needed to come and get it. He sent another series of PMs that I need to come to the beam. Finally, I decided that I would go there to get this guy off my back. No more than five seconds after his last PM, I beam in. There he is sitting near the fire. I tell him, well here I am but I am not happy about my long walk back. No response. I try to trade with him. No response. Well screw it then. I start walking back. Of course I was actually on my way to Desert Pines but got side tracked so that was where I ended up. Fifteen minutes into my mining expidition I get a PM from him that he wants his stuff back. I tell him to meet me at the Desert Pines storage. He finally agrees. He eventually PMs me that he is in Desert Pines and that he will be there soon. Two seconds later I get a PM that he got killed and I need to bring it to the beam. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! How in the he11 do you get killed in the pines on the way to the storage? The guy gets put down by an imp wearing steel chainmail and bites it in Desert Pines. I'm thinking he's a little too far from IP. He should start out small with some rabbit & rats but maybe he thinks he's above that. I'm not too proud to wack bunnies on IP with the newbies. I do it all the time and I still consider myself a noob @ 25 overall. I actually extended my mining to wait on him. I was getting PMs from a friend that wanted me to go spider hunting in Tarsengaard(sp?). So I missed out on that. Now I have to go to work. I'll just have to deal with him later, so I log off. I start thinking that maybe I was just being a dik. So, I explain it to my girlfriend. She said she would have put him on ignore after he insisted I bring it to him and that he doesn't deserve his stuff back. She even went as far as to say that if I gave it back to him that she would delete the game. Well, I hope it doesn't come to that because if I see him ,I'll give it back. I had alot more griping, but I a trying to censor myself.

Edited by sa1em

nice story..but seriously ur gf is right..forget the newb..u traveled enough and wasted ur time..just keep it.. that newb prolly quit in 1 week anyways lol

damn 71 views and 1 reply.....

heres my 2 cents

you were nicer than almost anyone else would be....

warder, you didn't do anything wrong and your GF is right... that guy should be happy you didn't take his bag in the first place... the change is when you die you loose your DB... you as a good person(IMO) pmed him about returning it... so why are you upset bout this?

btw shivar aint that nice he pwns newbies like me ;)

Hype out

huh? i know i didn't do anything wrong.....i don't think....now i'm confused....damn it

You dont more than you should have had to to tryed to give it back to him. You have done nothing wrong, if it was me i would give it back to him then put him on my ignore list, but i would make him come to me as you have already came all the way to him once, which you shouldnt have even had to do

Hyperion.. an "oops! *sa1em" is on its place here! ;)

Anyway, I live to the spirit of my guild, but with the attitude of that nameless dude I wouldn't give it back either!

Maybe if he apologizes by his own, and puts some real effort in getting his stuff back for a change... :blink:

Sa1em, please don't lose any more energy in giving his stuff back!

No seriously, teh n00b dude himself is the one to put energy in it!

If you put more energy into it, you spoil him even more...

Think of the educational value! and with this you're contributing to a well-raised dude, and thus a well-raised community! ;)

completely off topic. i hope i get put on the whitelist soon cause ih ave nothin to do this weekend

and i think you should keep his stuff and or sell it back to him

hyperions whole post is wrong lol

messing up things m8

it wasnt sa1em that didnt say it was Nice..but Warder..wich he ment about sa1em..and not warder about me :confused?: lol

messing up things m8

it wasnt sa1em that didnt say it was Nice..but Warder..wich he ment about sa1em..and not warder about me :confused?: lol

lol i was like my girlfriend doesn't even listen to me when i talk about eternal lands.

i was so confused.....more than usual

messing up things m8

So was I... geuss I drank to much wiskey again o.O

that has happened to me a few times too...just don't worry about.

If the guy does pm you about, then i'm sure you would give it back. But in case he doesn't don't let it bother you.

completely off topic. i hope i get put on the whitelist soon cause ih ave nothin to do this weekend

and i stayed up all night studying and right a paper and i'm still strung out on no doz

Edited by warder

LOL some people do have a nerve dont they... ;)

I would have told him to come and get it or lose it... with his attitude if he posted you in outlaws and you posted the chat log.. he would be shown up as the bad guy...

Makes one wonder how he got the chain in the first place.....probably from somebody elses DB

lol i was like my girlfriend doesn't even listen to me when i talk about eternal lands.

i was so confused.....more than usual

Yeah, usually she goes into eyes glazing over mode. Then AFK pops up over her head.

LOL some people do have a nerve dont they... :o

I would have told him to come and get it or lose it... with his attitude if he posted you in outlaws and you posted the chat log.. he would be shown up as the bad guy...

Makes one wonder how he got the chain in the first place.....probably from somebody elses DB

I will have to check, but doesn't the chat log reset everyday that you play? Or does it fill up until you perge it?

Edited by sa1em

I just had the stupidest idea, but the people have made tons of money of those. i.e. pet rock.

Anyway, I am starting a DB delivery/recon business. I will pick up a DB for you and deliver it to you (nonPK areas only) for a mere 200gc(the Pen is slightly higher). PM me who you want me to pick it up from and where you want it delivered. Have them PM me thier location.

PM me for pricing on recon. It depends on whether you can give me a good starting point to find your DB and your attitude will affect the pricing.

I will have to check, but doesn't the chat log reset everyday that you play? Or does it fill up until you perge it?

No the chatlog goes back to last major update... and you can make a copy of the file so in theory you can have all the chatlog since you started playing.

You just go to the EL folder and look at the file chat_log.txt

You can even open it while still playing... if your txt program says you cannot because it is in use..try opening it with notepad

Please do not mention spider hunting in tarsengard. There is no spiders in tarsengard.

You are so wrong my freind, there are many spiders in tarsengaard - especially in "spider cave" (magic school gardens) and ofcourse in that nc<->tg cave you can find a spider or two...