Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enyo

horns of a dilemma

the country's nice ain't it? much prefer the sounds to animals at night, compared to sirens, gunshots, and the like...lol

There's something I've always liked better about a few trees and a lot of grass, as opposed to the concrete jungle. With or without the gunshots.

Only thing that kinda worries me is how the city seems to grow closer, every year...

personally, i prefer it the other way around w/ LOTS of trees for obscurity, but that's the beauty of being in the country, u can have things just about any way that u like.

as for the city encroaching, i don't have to worry about that where i am, the closest thing i have to it is an exurb of high class ppl around a lake about 4 miles away from me, that have come out to the country probably for about the same reasons that i have. so i don't see them helping the city encroach any. and the rest of the ppl w/in a half hr drive in any direction are mostly farmers of some sort (mostly cattle) and they dan't give up their land. the government will even help them, because in my area, is where most of this countrie's food (meat mostly) supply comes from. though in exchange for the funding they're bogged down w/ all kinds of restrictions.

Yeah, it''d be nice if people here could leave the farmland to the cows - I almost doubt there's a cow in the county anymore. Big stretches of farmland still grow food, but less acres every year as more gets turned into big houses on postage-stamp lawns... That, I don't understand, a huge house, and no land...

Uh yeah savyl i did take that a tad too personally, was just putting my 2p's worth on, then things got out of context, miscommunication on my behalf.

Yeah, it''d be nice if people here could leave the farmland to the cows - I almost doubt there's a cow in the county anymore. Big stretches of farmland still grow food, but less acres every year as more gets turned into big houses on postage-stamp lawns... That, I don't understand, a huge house, and no land...

me neither, i have 5 acres and currently live in a camper untill i can build something alittle bigger...lol don't see the point in a huge house neway, it's just that much more to keep up w/ ...lol

u shouldn't have bothered editing that post Savyl i didn't get a chance to read it. u can say whatever u wish to me i'm not that easily hurt. but maybe i have an idea so i'll just say that i do plenty of other things besides EL too (i have no choice or i couldn't survive) ELs what i do in the quiet time that i pry should b sleeping since w/ the stress my situation causes i'm kinda usually wired for sound.

and no i won't move off of this property because right now i've got my living expences down to about $300US/ mo enabling me to save up to continue to work on and improve this property, so i will eventually attain my goals as far as this property is concerned.

edit: btw this is the situation i mentioned in my earlier post that things wound up as at the end of my last relationship. (also the part of y i don't invite ppl over in same earlier post.)

Edited by DemonCowboy

savyl i tried to pm you with an apology but you weren't interested unless it was announced on here ...ok :blush:

I apologise for my remarks that were said in my earlier posts....BUT!

Your thread started off well, You asked a question, some of us answered, I even clicked the link you suggested about the support group ... You weren't to know that i don't need services like that, as i am a volunteer for the deaf/blind home in clacton, and i am able to support them because i have more understanding of what they are going through, my condition hasn't fully digressed into total blindness...yet (something i have to admit i am not looking forward to), So they take comfort in knowing what i'm talking about. But to then say that i needed to get out more and make more friends.....To me that sounded degrading and derogatory...exactly like last time when you decided to "say your thoughts" to my other half...and i still apologised to you for our actions... DID She ever see an apology from you...NO and i'm afarid to say your past actions don't make you perfect either.

Edited by sKuller

savyl i tried to pm you with an apology but you weren't interested unless it was announced on here ...ok :P

I apologise for my remarks that were said in my earlier posts....BUT!

Your thread started off well, You asked a question, some of us answered, I even clicked the link you suggested about the support group ... You weren't to know that i don't need services like that, as i am a volunteer for the deaf/blind home in clacton, and i am able to support them because i have more understanding of what they are going through, my condition hasn't fully digressed into total blindness...yet (something i have to admit i am not looking forward to), So they take comfort in knowing what i'm talking about. But to then say that i needed to get out more and make more friends.....To me that sounded degrading and derogatory...exactly like last time when you decided to "say your thoughts" to my other half...and i still apologised to you for our actions... DID She ever see an apology from you...NO and i'm afarid to say your past actions don't make you perfect either.

Who said anything about anyone being perfect? I've done nothing wrong here with you now nor in the past (I really don't know you at all) and this is not the thread for that. Now my whole topic is sorta offtopic. :blush: Anyway, thanks for the apology. ;)