Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
marack

Developed using DEV-C++ IDE - Crashes...

I'm running XP on 3.4ghz Intel 4 (w uGuru) PC with 1 gig fast ram... (6 months old).

Everything else on my PC runs great...however EL crashes often - whether logging in, in game outside or inside...whe walking, when still...

very frustrating...

I've download and reloaded three times and still crashes with exact same message... Note that only EL crashes...i don't ever need to reboot the pc...

The FPS sometime reaches 1400 FPS. I thought maybe my PC is too fast for EL, i limited FPS to 150 and cut down some of the graphics features to see any improvement.. but have not noticed any reduction or frequency of DEV-C++IDE crashes...

When i get the "Developed using DEV-C++ IDE" dialog box it asks if i want to send report to MS...do you need to see this at all...?

marack *not happy camper* ;(

Edited by marack

Guest dingocringo

Same here! I also get the a message about something wrong with my ati4gdav driver device

Finally A trend....

Its not always but 50 % of the time when i walk past Edlera in MM the screen will freeze and i'll get the dreaded "Developed using DEV-C++ IDE" then EL Crashes...

*surprised no one has asked me for any for info* -

marack

Out of curiosity, what video card do you have?

Most people who play EL experience this error (I don't know why). Have you updated your video card drivers lately? Your computer is pretty new, but doing this has always helped me.

When i get the "Developed using DEV-C++ IDE" dialog box it asks if i want to send report to MS...do you need to see this at all...?

The "Developed using DEV-C++ IDE"-string is the default title/description/something for programs compiled with the DEV-C++ IDE, and yes, you need to see the message. It's the default crash handler in Windows.

Have you tried disabling sound and music?

Have you tried disabling sound and music?

Im also having this problem, ive disabled the music and sound with no results, and ideas how to fix this?

Edited by Gecko_Master

Posting more info about your system would really help. Especially the video card, and what OpenGL drivers you have installed. Is the computer overclocked?

Well, :P

1) ATI video card (ASUS x800 Series - ATI WDM Rage Theater Video NSP)

2) Using latest drivers.

3) No system not over clocked.

4) Ive turned off music, shadows, FPS rates, no effect...crashes the same way...tried different resolutions as well...

A real trend is that 50 % of the time (out of 100 passes) when i autowalk (mode) past Edlera in MM the crash will occcur...as soon as she is in the frame...the crash is behaving rather repeatable...!

thanks guys for response - :D

marack