Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
warder

A Shoutbox

erm.

1) shoutbox? mebe you should have explained what that is

2) people can talk just fine here

3) people talk too much here (some people just love to post... which is good for a chatsite, but not where serious discussion is going on...)

Hmm, I think this is what he means: There would be a little box where you can type a line and hit enter, and it appears on everyone else's forum screen in a little window. Sorta like local chat, except on the forums ;)

Hmm, I think this is what he means: There would be a little box where you can type a line and hit enter, and it appears on everyone else's forum screen in a little window. Sorta like local chat, except on the forums :)

yea exactly

Just what we need, more spam :D

yea but its not in threads and might actually cut down on stupid questions if people can just go there ask

^^no, just a small box at the top of the forum page thats like a chatroom yes but its more of a community lounge or something lol

I've seen shoutbox working on other community's website and this is something that:

a. make loading page slower;

b. is used to spam only;

c. is abused in many ways.

No.

verry good idea..newbs can just ask questions there, and it will keep spammers from other topics =p

I've seen shoutbox working on other community's website and this is something that:

a. make loading page slower;

b. is used to spam only;

c. is abused in many ways.

No.

i've seen shoutbox workin on websites

1.increase the fun

2. had people askin good questions and having good discussions

3. and cuts down on pointless threads

just a suggestion that i've seen work on some websites. it does have the negative effect of slowing a page a little i'll give you that

Sounds like it could be useful, maybe best not actually on the forum pages, but as a seperate window. With a few designated channels it might keep a little spam off the forums and off the channels in-game.

As the forums are now, I enjoy the page loading speed on my dial up, and in-game I find it distracting to try and follow the channels while playing.

Open the game, log in, type #jc 4, press F1. Ther goes your shotbox/chatroom/anyway you call it.

Channel 4 is for EL related discussion, use #jc 20 for non EL topics.

Open the game, log in, type #jc 4, press F1. Ther goes your shotbox/chatroom/anyway you call it.

Channel 4 is for EL related discussion, use #jc 20 for non EL topics.

Depends what will you shout about ;)