Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
roswell_r

PVP PK Ethics

steal, took, won, whatever, my point still stands.

I still want to see a pker who never attacked while training his enemies, at least once.

*waves at Lorck*

You were in ^v^ with me, and what was one of the two things I refused to do? Attack my friends, and attack during PvP.

***sorry for double post***

Edited by LadyWolf

I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. There are plenty of us that have morals and ethics in PK. How many times have I seen you in PK and haven't harmed you in any way? Knowing good and well that I could take you out in just a few hits.

I think that the problem you have is that you came across a few of those that don't care who they kill or how, and you have stereotyped all of us into the same boat. That's not fair, and I highly resent that.

Now to all the others that have a piss poor attitude towards every pker in the game. Have you ever stopped to wonder why some pker's might target you? Do you think it could be because of the way you guys down us for the way we choose to play the game? I mean, you don't see us on here constantly bitching about the alchers, or the potioners, or maneurs or crafters. Why? Because we know we need you guys, just as you guys need us. If it weren't for pkers there would be a much smaller market for your armors, essences, rings and potions. So go ahead, down the pkers and see how many more times you get pk'd, then come here and moan and bitch about it.

It's simple and been stated a million times. If you don't want to die and lose your stuff stay on monsters till you are strong enough to at least take a hit and diss/tp out. PK maps are not chat rooms, so if you are just looking to go in and chat, go naked, because I guarantee someone is going to get annoyed and kill you.

I agree totally with LW.

Just because some pkers are evil does not mean all pkers are the same.

And we need more fighters even the evil ones, because they generate gc for the mixers, and keep the good fighters busy (forcing them in buying stuff too).

---EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE POST---

Hey LW and Bharain. :)

LW, i heard you attacked some *CO* folks while training too, not that i think it was an evil thing or it was wrong or anything of that matter. ---EDIT2--- Ok, i heard wrong, and i found the first pker who never attacked while training, gratz LW. ;)

As for Bharain, i am against to attack innocent people (or non-enemies for that matter). I never did that and never will do that.

And lastly, i have attacked enemies while training many times. Everytime i did, i think i had a good reason (scammers/bagjumpers/person who helped someone who insulted me harshly) to do that, just as you guys had good reasons to do what was did. Many times i saw enemies training pvp and dont attacked, even being a instruction from my guild to attack enemies on sight under any circunstances.

Edited by Lorck

this is a useless topic, ebul pple, dishonorable pple, etc are nessecary in making enemies, which is the basis for pk. my enemies are some of my favorite pple in the game, because without enemies, there would be no pking, or at least no fun to it. period.

this is a useless topic, ebul pple, dishonorable pple, etc are nessecary in making enemies, which is the basis for pk.

I wouldn't say it's useless, some sensible ideas are in there somewhere. I think someone mentioned that honourable guilds should fight dishonourable guilds instead of allying with them, then the honourable guilds can (and should) help out when the evil players do what they do. In my opinion dishonour comes from inaction just as much as it comes from action.

my enemies are some of my favorite pple in the game, because without enemies, there would be no pking, or at least no fun to it. period.

Too true.

my enemies are some of my favorite pple in the game, because without enemies, there would be no pking, or at least no fun to it. period.

Too true.

;) see, i may not have high stats YET but i still know wut im talking about B):)

Now to all the others that have a piss poor attitude towards every pker in the game. Have you ever stopped to wonder why some pker's might target you? Do you think it could be because of the way you guys down us for the way we choose to play the game? I mean, you don't see us on here constantly bitching about the alchers, or the potioners, or maneurs or crafters. Why? Because we know we need you guys, just as you guys need us. If it weren't for pkers there would be a much smaller market for your armors, essences, rings and potions. So go ahead, down the pkers and see how many more times you get pk'd, then come here and moan and bitch about it.

Funny you should mention this - I remember a time where there was much "bitching and moaning" from some high-level PKers about people who pot/alch/manu/etc., and don't step into PK maps if they can avoid it.

Personally, I still feel that if you want any change - as the topic suggests, you have to have one or both of two things:

1.) Community - ALL PKers need to set a general code of PK, and then the honorable ones need to work to uphold this ACTIVELY. This would mean "Honorable" PK guilds would have to attack anyone attacking certain people - something that doesn't happen as is now.

2.) Hard-coding - A penalty added to characters for "dishonorable" behavior, plusses for honor - a karma system, essentially. A way for truly evil players to show their evilness, and for the good players to show their goodness.

Level limits have been suggested - I don't exactly agree with a "level-limited" map idea - it creates an unnecessary divide in the community, IMO.

this is a useless topic, ebul pple, dishonorable pple, etc are nessecary in making enemies, which is the basis for pk. my enemies are some of my favorite pple in the game, because without enemies, there would be no pking, or at least no fun to it. period.

the point of this thread is for those who are honorable to come to a consensus on what is honorable - not intended to stop the evil dishonorable to stop being that way, that would take the fun out of it. this thread is just to draw lines between honor and dishonor. it will let the honorable agree for less in-fighting between them, to make the maps "safer" for other honorable players, while letting the dishonorable types keep being that way. populating the maps w/ more ppl for the dishonorable to plunder because of the safe feeling because the honorable will be free to go after the dishonorable and not wasting time arguing/fighting w/ the other honorables

i can't spell it out any plainer than that

the alternative is game mechanics that would hinder pvp combat as a whole which there are plenty of threads of suggestions/cries for. this would be a social solution leaving the game open for the bad guys to b bad guys.

Edited by DemonCowboy