Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
roswell_r

PVP PK Ethics

Simple yet poweful rule: If you DO NOT wish to be killed, DO NOT step into PK maps...

...or run from stronger and attack weaker :icon13:

oh well i tried to make it a community thing to help stop the requests for lvl restrictions on PvP. and have only gotten these posts that are anything but constructive. hopefully those who consider themselves honorable will think about this a bit and actually post something CONSTRUCTIVE eventually. hopefully b4 the demand for lvl restrictions is so great that it becomes a good idea to impliment. afterwards it will b too late.

if you always pk by these rules your not really pking... part of the whole thing i think is finding strategies to get the kill when your oppenent has things such as diss, tele, flee, etc etc to work against you

sometimes these strategies go against morals, pple (everyone, including myself) will (and have) bitch about it, but in the longrun it makes it more fun. :icon13:

I totally see what you are talking of DemonCowboy but it just wont work as the system is now. Pkers don't have ethics thats why they are pkers, lmao. Except for their friends. So if you want to not get killed in Busy Pk maps have to maker some pk friends. I have went to pk maps just to watch the goings on. Even if you have lower a/d you can sometimes still surviv if you have big baddies to watch your back :mace: And as I dont kiss any pker ass I get killed alot but oh well I say. I will do what I can when I can. I myself feel it would be more *fun* to have more fair fights. I would love to go against someone of my stats and equipment and I would have a ball with it.

There are just more bad guys on Pk maps than good, and thats that.

hopefully those who consider themselves honorable will think about this a bit and actually post something CONSTRUCTIVE eventually.

There's one problem with that - it's not the honorable ones you need to comment - it's the pvp-attackers and noob slaughterers you need to say there is a problem - but for them, the only problem is that the kills aren't coming to the slaughter.

Short of a change of game mechanics, the only thing that will change anything is to get the PK class as a whole to agree to a change.

Until it is changed and balanced PROPERLY, it's only going to be a game of numbers, really.

Karma system would make PK more fair. The lower-level players you kill, the higher drop ratio you have (monster ratios maintained to 50%). Then the newbie-killers would think twice, before attacking defenseless newbs.

PvP is another story is simple, just go to the arena, which aren't multicombat, so you cannot be attacked during PvP. I know that the evil ones can wait, till you disengage from your partner, but if so, you know, what those silver rings with sappire are for, don't you? :mace:

EDIT: typos

Edited by ThordinElement

Karma system would make PK more fair. The lower-level players you kill, the higher drop ratio you have (monster ratios maintained to 50%). Then the newbie-killers would think twice, before attacking defenseless newbs.

PvP is another story is simple, just go to the arena, which aren't multicombat, so you cannot be attacked during PvP. I know that the evil ones can wait, till you disengage from your partner, but if so, you know, what those silver rings with sappire are for, don't you? :D

Don't forget "harm" - it can be effective aswell :mace:

PvP is another story is simple, just go to the arena, which aren't multicombat, so you cannot be attacked during PvP. I know that the evil ones can wait, till you disengage from your partner, but if so, you know, what those silver rings with sappire are for, don't you? :)

Don't forget "harm" - it can be effective aswell :mace:

If so, harm back :D

PK and RULES are two mutually exclusive terms (as we programmers say - mutexes :mace:

if you always pk by these rules your not really pking... part of the whole thing i think is finding strategies to get the kill when your oppenent has things such as diss, tele, flee, etc etc to work against you

sometimes these strategies go against morals, pple (everyone, including myself) will (and have) bitch about it, but in the longrun it makes it more fun. :P

well that's just suggesting that PKing is still picking on newbs . and most of them don't know to have such things yet (for whatever reason.) and if u want a true test take some1 closer to u'r lvl that can still do all those things, PLUS possibly knock u on u'r ass instead to boot. picking on those weaker isn't strategy - it's cowardice. strategy is using those things, plus other suprises to win a fight ( like starting a fight then in the middle of it, equipping a CoL or thermal serp or something when they expected a much easier fight., dissing then harming, etc.)

I totally see what you are talking of DemonCowboy but it just wont work as the system is now. Pkers don't have ethics thats why they are pkers, lmao. Except for their friends. So if you want to not get killed in Busy Pk maps have to maker some pk friends. I have went to pk maps just to watch the goings on. Even if you have lower a/d you can sometimes still surviv if you have big baddies to watch your back :P And as I dont kiss any pker ass I get killed alot but oh well I say. I will do what I can when I can. I myself feel it would be more *fun* to have more fair fights. I would love to go against someone of my stats and equipment and I would have a ball with it.

There are just more bad guys on Pk maps than good, and thats that.

well there are alot of guilds that spend a fair amount of time on PK maps that claim to b honorable (L&O (just the name implies it), LLL , and 1 guild i forget which 1 i refused an alliance to because we couldn't agree what was honorable - just to name a few. as well as the guild i created.) and this would stop those kinds of disagreements and a bit of the infighting by the guilds that consider themselves honorable leaving them more free to go after the truely bad guys.

hopefully those who consider themselves honorable will think about this a bit and actually post something CONSTRUCTIVE eventually.

There's one problem with that - it's not the honorable ones you need to comment - it's the pvp-attackers and noob slaughterers you need to say there is a problem - but for them, the only problem is that the kills aren't coming to the slaughter.

Short of a change of game mechanics, the only thing that will change anything is to get the PK class as a whole to agree to a change.

Until it is changed and balanced PROPERLY, it's only going to be a game of numbers, really.

like i said above, if all the honorable guilds can agree what is and isn't honorable it will give more room for the newbs to come on the maps more because they'll at least FEEL safer (though they actually won't b,) because it won't stop the bad guys from being bad guys but it will stop the good guys from fighting w/ other good guys when they could b going after the real bad guys.

the whole point of this is a social solution instead of a programmed 1 - that way the bad guys can still b bad guys and the good guys can agree on who's what.

Edited by DemonCowboy

Even though I am not much of the PK type I still like to adventure and those people who camp out there it's like a career to them, it's how they get their stats and money, I have no problem with the pkers doing that it's fun :D

sometimes these strategies go against morals, pple (everyone, including myself) will (and have) bitch about it, but in the longrun it makes it more fun. :D

well that's just suggesting that PKing is still picking on newbs . and most of them don't know to have such things yet (for whatever reason.) and if u want a true test take some1 closer to u'r lvl that can still do all those things, PLUS possibly knock u on u'r ass instead to boot. picking on those weaker isn't strategy - it's cowardice. strategy is using those things, plus other suprises to win a fight ( like starting a fight then in the middle of it, equipping a CoL or thermal serp or something when they expected a much easier fight., dissing then harming, etc.)

um, i think your putting words in my mouth, i said nothing about picking on nubs, and nothing about avoiding fights with pple near my lvl, maybe if u have a point to prove you should use relevant quotes ;)

sometimes these strategies go against morals, pple (everyone, including myself) will (and have) bitch about it, but in the longrun it makes it more fun. :D

um, i think your putting words in my mouth, i said nothing about picking on nubs, and nothing about avoiding fights with pple near my lvl, maybe if u have a point to prove you should use relevant quotes ;)

that's the way i understood it. if u mean that w/ ppl u'r lvl then the way i see it it's honorable. i personally wouldn't have a prob w/ that. don't think ne1 else truely honorable would either. might irritate me if i was about ur lvl and i lost to u, but i wouldn't really bitch about it...lol

that now makes me fail to see what u'r origional point was. if it wasn't in any contradiction, then what?

when i hijacked this thread. it was for ppl to debate and decide what was and wasn't honorable . so honorable guilds that wanted to go against the dishonorable ppl could because ppl would agree on what was honorable and what wasn't.

this would b especially helpful to my guild because we're trying to get to where we need to b 1 of those guilds that will go after the dishonorable types when we can (still a fair ways off though i must admit, especially since i havent had the oppty to play much l8ly)

that's the way i understood it. if u mean that w/ ppl u'r lvl then the way i see it it's honorable. i personally wouldn't have a prob w/ that. don't think ne1 else truely honorable would either. might irritate me if i was about ur lvl and i lost to u, but i wouldn't really bitch about it...lol

that now makes me fail to see what u'r origional point was. if it wasn't in any contradiction, then what?

when i hijacked this thread. it was for ppl to debate and decide what was and wasn't honorable . so honorable guilds that wanted to go against the dishonorable ppl could because ppl would agree on what was honorable and what wasn't.

this would b especially helpful to my guild because we're trying to get to where we need to b 1 of those guilds that will go after the dishonorable types when we can (still a fair ways off though i must admit, especially since i havent had the oppty to play much l8ly)

all this back and forth between whats honorable and wuts dishonorable...maybe everyone should just make there own opinion and everyone else deal w/ it..

if you go into a pk map with out knowing that you will probably get pked, regardless of the cause, then your a moron, maybe your an honorable moron, but your still a moron.

Edited by Ghengas

erm yes. The whole point is anyone who is a high lvl pker has probably (except a few) worked hard for their lvls. Therefore we use them to kill people. If you also want to be a pker then you should work, not come into PK maps and cry when you die.

There are never any rules in true fighting. People would just break them if there were any.

This thread = useless, any pker can tell you that. We all work to our own rules and codes of honour, we dont need someone else to make them up for us.

if evryeone would play the honorble Pker, there wouldnt be any fights left..cuz if u dont attack ur enemy while he pvp, u start talking to him..and next thing u know,u r friends..

Pk rules are just silly

do u tell a murder in real life not to kill women or kids ?

the murder does what he want =)

..cuz if u dont attack ur enemy while he pvp, u start talking to him..and next thing u know,u r friends..

Heh, that happened to me 3 times. :)

Anyways, the entire "honorable" community is never going to decide on a basic set of rules I don't think. EVery PKer has his/her own opinion of what honor is.

Pkers don't have ethics thats why they are pkers, lmao.

That's just not true. The trouble is the guy who attacks you in PVP and steals your stuff is far more noticable than the guy who doesn't.

That's just not true. The trouble is the guy who attacks you in PVP and steals your stuff is far more noticable than the guy who doesn't.

If "the guy who attacks you in pvp" is your enemy he does not "stole you", he just won your stuff.

If "the guy who attacks you in pvp" is your enemy he does not "stole you", he just won your stuff.

steal, took, won, whatever, my point still stands.

steal, took, won, whatever, my point still stands.

I still want to see a pker who never attacked while training his enemies, at least once.

I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. There are plenty of us that have morals and ethics in PK. How many times have I seen you in PK and haven't harmed you in any way? Knowing good and well that I could take you out in just a few hits.

I think that the problem you have is that you came across a few of those that don't care who they kill or how, and you have stereotyped all of us into the same boat. That's not fair, and I highly resent that.

Now to all the others that have a piss poor attitude towards every pker in the game. Have you ever stopped to wonder why some pker's might target you? Do you think it could be because of the way you guys down us for the way we choose to play the game? I mean, you don't see us on here constantly bitching about the alchers, or the potioners, or maneurs or crafters. Why? Because we know we need you guys, just as you guys need us. If it weren't for pkers there would be a much smaller market for your armors, essences, rings and potions. So go ahead, down the pkers and see how many more times you get pk'd, then come here and moan and bitch about it.

It's simple and been stated a million times. If you don't want to die and lose your stuff stay on monsters till you are strong enough to at least take a hit and diss/tp out. PK maps are not chat rooms, so if you are just looking to go in and chat, go naked, because I guarantee someone is going to get annoyed and kill you.

I still want to see a pker who never attacked while training his enemies, at least once.

I've done it once ... to youngelf ... who'd just scammed two members of my guild ;)

Besides, I wasn't talking about enemies, it's the people who PK you for no good reason who really stand out.