Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
roswell_r

PVP PK Ethics

If there isn't already I think there should be a rule book for PK. Or a Honor Code. Also goes for PVP

Simple stuff like, dont PK at entrances or exits.

Dont trade on PK

Dont camp at arenas

Etc...

I know these are already assumed ethics/morals but perhaps a list should be made and pinned?

Apologies if this has already been made a topic.

This topic is as old as the mankind, and not unlike the real life, some combatants obey to a code of ethics, while some don't.

In a similar fashion, some countries obey to the Geneva convetion, some don't. Guess what country I am talking about.

the only thing that can be done roswell_r is to either join or create a guild that tries to enforce common rules.

though, i do think a complete set of what's honorable and what's not should be discussed by all guilds that will either follow or abide by them should be hammered out and put in writing. That way guilds that wish to enforce the honor code have 1 that they all can agree to. then the rest will either fall in line or have the thrill of being outlaws that are targets for the rest.

Roswell we all go through this stage where pvp just doesn't seem worth it and some ass is always killing you just cause they can etc.

There are some reasonably secluded places to get some training in, you just have to be willing to put the effort in.

And eventually less and less people attack you or better yet you get strong enough to hold your own and maybe even send a few people for a walk in the brimstone yourself.

Guest stalag

I just agree with no pk while in pvp or mana drain , apart from that no restritions at all... and sometimes u just die... i had several times .... just train like crazy and grab a paper and write their names down and treat them as they treat u if u get to the top ... :sneaky:

Like anth said u have lots of places in C2 where u can pvp for days ( yes for days) without seeing another player apart from your partner...better then that is impossible.

i still think that if we set a code of ethics and honor about this socially could and would be a good idea and would help in guild democracy. but this is something that WE THE PLAYERS would have to do. it would cause less strife between even the honorable guilds. and give those that want peace relative peace. because w/ a community based set of rules/laws it would open up other options. like guilds that would act as police and the like.

there will always be outlaws some ppl just want those types of characters. that's fine, it adds exitement to the game. u really can't call any1 an outlaw in a PK map though if there are no rules set by the community. could u imagine if there were no laws in u'r RL community? it would be chaos - just like we have here in arenas and the like.

building an honorable guild that is gearing up to be 1 of those police types, i've realized talking to even a few OTHER honorable guilds that there are difference in opinions of what honor is. that's y i suggest the players discuss and come to a consensus on what should be considered honorable and shouldn't b in those types of situations.

me and my guild REALLY want to police that. but there has to b a concensus of what's honorable in PK (and not in PK because there are opptys that u can still kill some1 that isn't being too careful.) otherwise we will simply go by the code of honor we have divised and listed in our Code of Honor.

edit: most of those pertain to only in guild but i think most of you should b able to tell the difference which is which.

Edited by DemonCowboy

its a pk map, its like the amsterdam of el everything is a go. be glad no one is streakin round naked though.

In a similar fashion, some countries obey to the Geneva convetion, some don't. Guess what country I am talking about.

totally off-topic but i couldn't avoid to smile at this one ;p

cheers

its a pk map, its like the amsterdam of el everything is a go. be glad no one is streakin round naked though.

well there's no set thing that says that u HAVE to return a player's DB on a NON-PK map either but it's become a community law - the same thing can apply to PK maps if ppl would get together to hammer out those community laws. there will be people that disobey them, but that's ok they just become outlaws like bagjumpers.

should people that disobey something thats not a law become an outlaw? i know its an understood and accepted thing to return a bag (and a thing that i do when i play) but if its not a law should they be considered outlaws?

i'm really just playin devils advocate cause i do think there should be some understood practices for pk areas

well that's precicely what i'm suggesting, that like returning DBs the community MAKES laws concerning PvP(PK). if something becomes set, then it can b truely enforced by ppl, this different honorable guilds all enforcing different rules is NEVER going to work - the players need to get together and establish laws.

edit: community laws are for the community to decide the devs want a wide as possible range of things to do to provide for outlaws too. laws are a community issue not a dev issue. if there couldnt b outlaws the game could get REALLY boring.

Edited by DemonCowboy

imo if u go pvp to pk map u take the risk to get pked, so don't come and cry after to get ur stuff back. :> same goes for me :) : pvp is more efficient than mosters most of the time, so i think the risk of getting killed is just a counterpart :]

imo if u go pvp to pk map u take the risk to get pked, so don't come and cry after to get ur stuff back. :> same goes for me :) : pvp is more efficient than mosters most of the time, so i think the risk of getting killed is just a counterpart :]

so is getting bagjumped from dying from a monster but that's still considered bad. ethics made by the community wouldn't make any less risk. ppl could still do it, it would just become frowned upon like bagjumping. and would put more ppl on PK maps to boot.

Edited by DemonCowboy

so is getting bagjumped from dying from a monster but that's still considered bad, ethics made by the community wouldn't make any less risk, ppl could still do it, it would just become frowned upon like bagjumping. and would put more ppl on PK maps to boot.

pking is pking ^^ if u don't wanna lose ur stuff just don't go to pk maps :>

but thats also why allies exist :P to train with and not to attack xD. I think yuu train, you take the risk to lose ur stuff :

*on pvp u get pked

*on monsters u can lose ur DB but if someone kind gets it, then ur lucky :)

edit : i was in a really big guild and i can tell you the game gets boring if you have too many allies :> thats why today or tomorrow maybe nitager wats to organise some kind of "War event"

re edit (:P) :

but the thing i do is on non pk maps i give back the DB's but if i see you on pvp ;) sometimes i give back the bags though... i'm to nice... (will be off for the day so no more msgs xD)

Edited by Michic0_oL

so is getting bagjumped from dying from a monster but that's still considered bad, ethics made by the community wouldn't make any less risk, ppl could still do it, it would just become frowned upon like bagjumping. and would put more ppl on PK maps to boot.

pking is pking ^^ if u don't wanna lose ur stuff just don't go to pk maps :>

but thats also why allies exist :P to train with and not to attack xD. I think yuu train, you take the risk to lose ur stuff :

*on pvp u get pked

*on monsters u can lose ur DB but if someone kind gets it, then ur lucky :)

edit : i was in a really big guild and i can tell you the game gets boring if you have too many allies :> thats why today or tomorrow maybe nitager wats to organise some kind of "War event"

re edit (:P) :

but the thing i do is on non pk maps i give back the DB's but if i see you on pvp ;) sometimes i give back the bags though... i'm to nice... (will be off for the day so no more msgs xD)

it wouldn't bring about more allies, or even less dangerous. it would help bring about more even fights and ultimately MORE fights if there was a code of ethics - just like they have about bagjumping. wouldnt stop ppl from it if they chose. would actually cause more fights. because some1 picks on some1 weak another person could do it right and take that person out.

plus, there would b set "laws" in place for guilds that wanted to do any kind of honor policing could all do it and agree. wouldn't take anything away from it, would only add to it, as well as populate the maps more. giving more opportunities for those who pick on the weak to do so. and would cause even more fighting because of it. it would add to PvP, not detract from it.

Edited by DemonCowboy

This topic is as old as the mankind, and not unlike the real life, some combatants obey to a code of ethics, while some don't.

:)

Well i think

1. Dont kill people that are training.

2. Dont kill at entrance/exit of PK areas.

Why cant these be written down on rock tablets for all to see and to go by?

Well i think

Because, the game would be more boring than it is at times. No no no no. This is a dead topic also. Its been discussed to death ever since I've started playing. Thats why we have outlaws. There is only so much time that the mods/devs have to babysit us rompers. They don't need a longer list to add to the do's and don'ts

Well i think

Because, the game would be more boring than it is at times. No no no no. This is a dead topic also. Its been discussed to death ever since I've started playing. Thats why we have outlaws. There is only so much time that the mods/devs have to babysit us rompers. They don't need a longer list to add to the do's and don'ts

well that's not what i've been after, i've been after a set written down that PLAYERS can choose to go by or not that would be considered by all that want to b honorable as honorable. it would give guilds that want to enforce that honor, or simply punish those that don't a reason to that won't start a problem w/ another honorable guild thinking that that wasn't honorable.

wouldn't make anything boring, wouldn't change the game much at all. would only give a set of guidelines for the community to agree on to call honorable, or dishonorable. something like this would help populate the PK maps and arenas even more. because some ppl would feel safer because of the standing of honorable in the community, would give more for those who wanted to prey on the week to attack, and more would probably b around to punish those that did prey on the too weak. as well as training as training, cuels and everything else.

it's not asking for devs to code it in, (there's a few of those in the suggestion forums)nor the mods to police it. if the outcry becomes large enough (and it will w/ an ever expanding community) the devs just might put stuff like lvl restrictions in. it would be better just to make it like a community set of laws type thing, that the players enforce, (and can because they agree,) not mods. because devs coding it in will restrict gameplay.

EL is a community, we should treat it like 1. would u rather it b just words that could add more exitement by breaking them, or would u rather just wait for the outcry to become so great that something gets coded in restricting ppl's gameplay?

think about it

Edited by DemonCowboy

Well i think

3. Make PKing illegal?

<.<

EDIT: 90% of PKing is done near entrances(arenas, kf)

Edited by FeLkkU

PVP is not supposed to be an easy way to level!! It's a way for players to fight and kill each other!

Please start to accept that.

Sometimes you really want to kill someone.. but this person only enters pk areas to pvp... what are we suppose to do then? watch and boil inside? ;)