Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
delta50000

My ideas

1. 1st person view, or 3rd person directly behind and above so you can see the land ahead of you.

2. Minimap on the main game window

3. format for buttons could be shaped like this

copy pic into the address bar to see it (might take a lil bit to load)

www.boomspeed.com/delta50000/untitled5.gif

4. make sure the best kind of armor is not smithable

(will help with prices)

5. Rare items good idea holiday drops even better, make them tradeable also

6. More items (i know some people are working on it)

7. Horses (doubt it, might be nice)

8. POH (Player owned houses) You can furnish it however you want. Items left in a house will stay there like it would in a bank.

9. Theiving from npcs (non player characters) (best way to make cash in runescape)

10. have a seperate chat window for quest related info

11. type either control + R to bring up the person who last sent a pm to you.

12. make the buttons on the screen movable

13. chat window needs to be resized on different screen resolutions

14. keep prices high for swords/armor that way a noobie cant just kill a rabbit and go buy the best sword avaliable.

15. stuff for beta members like a thing given to all of the people at the end of beta testing. :wink: :)

1. no, it would require completely rewriting the engine. The camera can turn, tilt, and zoom.

2. maybe

3. wtf is that a screenshot from? no, we're not going to copy another game

4. it's not. titanium armor can only be bought.

5. no idea what you mean.

6. yes, they get added all the time

7. about half of the suggestion threads say this.

8. they're planned

9. once again, asking us to make this game more like runescape. I'm really getting sick of it.

10. we might consider something like a quest journal

11. try typing "//"

12. why?

13. um, what chat window?

14. a titanium serpent costs 1900 plat and titanaium armor costs 600k, after spending about 1000k on god quests. You would have to kill about 40,000 rabbits to get that much money.

15. you get to play this game for free

In summary, have you actually played the game for more than 5 minutes before you came here to tell us how we should make it more like runescape? That's really getting to be a sore spot for me.

I actually like how little of the screen is blocked out by the EL interface compared to other games that put in fancier graphics as borders, non-removable windows, and data. The less clutter on the screen the better.

Personally, if more information or graphics is put on the screen, the player MUST be able to disable it or control it! I'd even like the option of hiding some of the icons I never use currently (like Spell, until I decide to enable it to do magic).

I dont think people realise, there are Much Much Much better games then runescape, people only compare things to runescape because its the most populer FREE mmorpg, other paid ones and less populer mmorpgs are better then runescape, this si one of the ones that is better than runescape, if people are just going to make posts about runescape all the time, we may aswell rename the game runescape, if you want stuff in this game that are from runescape, go and play runescape :)

im kinda partial for the rare items idea (items that there is a limited number of in the entire game). the problem is to balance them out and keep track of where they are.

they can be used as random loot in quests, say a deep cave that at the end have a chest that gives you a random item (sometimes rare, most of the time not). on the way down there you will have to fight your way past skeletons, ogres, cyclops and many other beasts.

Hey now just remember these are suggestions, and all of them should not be taken as an order to do something. The reason people are suggesting crud from Runescape is cause its familiar to them, and maybe they like it.

Number 3 from cicero- Its from a game called Shadowbane, and i didnt mean for it to be "copied". The way it is set up in Shadowbane In my Opinion allows for easy access to important material about your character.

As to number 11 from cicero- i didnt know about that cause its not in the manual. (yes i did read it)

Number 12

customizable interface another thing to add to features. like placing buttons you use more often closer to what you are doing, and the ones that you dont use move them to an out of the way place.

Number 13 the place where the chat is it just sorta bunches at the top left corner of the screen at a lower resolution everthing is smaller except the text so they wind up crouding the page.

(i do know that there are better games out there than runescape)(like shadowbane ive been with that for about 2 years)

Please forgive my newbieness and all the other qualities that you do not like in my typing. :wink:

For chat, starting with the current version, in el.ini you can adjust #chat_text_size to be smaller values like 0.90 to adjust the saze of that text.

You can also adjust the name tag size using #name_text_size as well.

these are horrible...i will respond in turn to each

1) WORST IDEA OVER...TOTALLY CHANGES GAME

2. just press tab...

3. im not even gonna waste my time looking at this

4. already done...

5. done already...

6. working on it

7. somewhat possible but reallllllly hard to do

8. where the hell would all these houses go? i think guild houses are a good idea for an extra 20mill tho

9. horrible idea

10. yes good idea...maybe a button with 'quest info'

11. already done

12. WHY

13. good idea

14. they always have been...just inflation fucks with things

hmm, those globes on the screenshot are they acting like quickuse icons for stuff? if so then i and others have allready posted ideas about that. go check the client wishlist among other places...

boomspeed is not liking the full pic :-(

Yes the ones not in the menu are shortcuts for easy use

Gloryfades PLEASE RESIZE YOUR AVATAR!!! ITS HUGE

didnt know you could resize chat.... Not in the manual

Ok. The only real think I'll address is the idea of redesigning the buttons, though not necessarily like that in the above screenshot. I've have been thinking hard about this actually. Much of the time, the buttons are quite large and often get in the way of my clicking when I'm constantly alternating what I'm doing throughout the game. This is even a problem when I have the screen at full resolution and especially when I'm lagging pretty heavily.

Now, a thought:

How about at lease separating the "Menu" buttons from the "Action" buttons? The above screenshot is a nice example of keeping the most used buttons together for easier access while keeping the least used buttons to the side without keeping them out clicking distance. Obvious EL has a lot more buttons but the problem is that they’re all mixed together and close enough that you could misclick something very easily, which is a very bad thing when you’re suddenly surprised in hostile areas and it’s even worse when there’s a slight lag on the current screen.

And that doesn’t require anymore additional graphics then you currently have (although, a little more would be a nice bonus.)

Second, what could be nice is if you program the Function Keys to correspond to each of the most used buttons. Well, F1 is taken but say F2 is Inventory, F3 is Trade, F4 Manufacture, etc. It doesn't have to be that order or those particular commands, just mostly buttons that use menus or that have functions that don‘t require much attention to the screen behind the menus. I just think it would be easier to try to balance the use of the mouse and the keyboard a little. If you can't lower the amount of necessary clicking in the game then at lease lower the Player Dependency on it.

ctrl + following letter = icon

s = spell window

i = inventory window

w = walk

u = use

o = options window

the rest are listed on the page.

something that would be more interesting would be say a 10 box bar down the left or right side where you could drag item for quick access. that way you dont have to open the big inventory to access them. hell, alt + number key could use item in the box numberd from 1 at top to 0 at bottom!

Well, not really what I had in mind. The Fkeys as so much more usable while the Ctrl + keys are hardly userfreindly.

And I thought about the Boxes two but I was thinking they'd take up quite a bit of room. Plus, it'd be nice to be able to close it down if you don't need it too.