Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ozzi

Dying in game

I still thing that whole dying system is bretty weird. What bunish is that kind of dying at all? Mostly you get all your stuff back, and most cases you have some healing in your bag, so all what everyone loose when die is only some own and maybe bag guardian time. That makes peoble take stupid risks! First rule keeping life should be DON'T DIE, you'll loose everyting (in real life even your life). :cry:

I indeed that loosing everything would be too gruel. I thing that when you die and wake up in underworld, there should be one change. Maybe that should be when you'll die, you'll be kicked out EL for one halv an hour. So most likely you gonna really loose stuff what left in DB. You might thing twice not taking stupid risks.. And when 30 min is past you can relogin game started underworld.. (Of course n00p:s shouldnt kicked out or noone start play EL)

PS. I'm one who take those stupid risks too. 9 out 10 times I get all my stuff back, and great thanks for that those peoble who helped me here!! I hate loosing things, but still.. :dry:

PS2. Sorry my english..

Edited by Ozzi

1. This topic should be created in 'suggestion forum'

2. It would make less people want to play EL... how about you just joined a game, got killed by something, and got kicked... kinda weird, isn't it ??

3. It sux.

Edited by Gen_Axis

1. This topic should be created in 'suggestion forum'

True! :dry: (Sorry I'm n00p here)

I wrote:

(Of course n00p:s shouldnt kicked out or noone start play EL)

Gen_Axis wrote:

how about you just joined a game, got killed by something, and got kicked...

I write:

Ok, I know that I can't english.. That's anyway what I want avoid..

3. It sux.

Maybe, but is just suggestion to get dying more bad thing as is now.

A agree completely with Gen_Axis (omg!!). Your idea isn't very good. If after each death I wouldn't be able to play for next 30 minutes I would just join other game.

I can't agree also with your thesis that in most cases one get one's stuff back - it depends mostly where you die and what is in bag. After losing 3 plate sets and some other items by people that decided they like my death bag more then me and after puffing of quite many other bags I find the 12 minutes just ok.

lal were you high when you wrote that shit??!?

seriously who would play a game where you get kicked off for dieing lal

I still thing that whole dying system is bretty weird. What bunish is that kind of dying at all? Mostly you get all your stuff back, and most cases you have some healing in your bag, so all what everyone loose when die is only some own and maybe bag guardian time. That makes peoble take stupid risks! First rule keeping life should be DON'T DIE, you'll loose everyting (in real life even your life). :wub:

I indeed that loosing everything would be too gruel. I thing that when you die and wake up in underworld, there should be one change. Maybe that should be when you'll die, you'll be kicked out EL for one halv an hour. So most likely you gonna really loose stuff what left in DB. You might thing twice not taking stupid risks.. And when 30 min is past you can relogin game started underworld.. (Of course n00p:s shouldnt kicked out or noone start play EL)

PS. I'm one who take those stupid risks too. 9 out 10 times I get all my stuff back, and great thanks for that those peoble who helped me here!! I hate loosing things, but still.. :D

PS2. Sorry my english..

....wow ok...how bout we all pretend he never wrote this.im not trying to sound rude but dude thats not a very pratical idea dont u think?

dying system is bretty weird. What bunish is that

(Sorry I'm n00p here)

i'm guessing it's his keyboard?

dying system is bretty weird. What bunish is that

(Sorry I'm n00p here)

i'm guessing it's his keyboard?

lol, i haven't noticed it. Must be the rolling eyes of some people :D Thanks for explenation :wub:

Well, that kick out was first idea what I get, and indeed it's not very practical, but it wasn't point of my message. A point was that when you die you actually don't get any harm it most cases, you only loose some time. PKers are other thing, but as I (and I guess many others too) play this great game everything else isn't just practicing for PK game. I'm trying suggest some way to make dying dangerous, so it would make some harm to player.

And those b's 'n' p's, they sounds in my language same, and I was really worstest english student in my glass at every school.. :D (maybe I should be quiet then)

I still say just add exp loss. Makes those with rostogols that die in PK zones still take a hit. Just not a monetary hit.

Of course, don't make it so much experience loss that hours of work are lost by it (maybe 30 minutes-1 hour's worth). Not really putting much thought in this. :)

Well, that kick out was first idea what I get, and indeed it's not very practical, but it wasn't point of my message. A point was that when you die you actually don't get any harm it most cases, you only loose some time. PKers are other thing, but as I (and I guess many others too) play this great game everything else isn't just practicing for PK game. I'm trying suggest some way to make dying dangerous, so it would make some harm to player.

And those b's 'n' p's, they sounds in my language same, and I was really worstest english student in my glass at every school.. :) (maybe I should be quiet then)

did you know that in other MMORPG's you only lose a little bit of exp?

if you die here and lose stuff you will lose hours of hard work you spend on getting those items

I still thing that whole dying system is bretty weird. What bunish is that kind of dying at all? Mostly you get all your stuff back, and most cases you have some healing in your bag, so all what everyone loose when die is only some own and maybe bag guardian time. That makes peoble take stupid risks! First rule keeping life should be DON'T DIE, you'll loose everyting (in real life even your life). :lurker:

PS. I'm one who take those stupid risks too. 9 out 10 times I get all my stuff back, and great thanks for that those peoble who helped me here!! I hate loosing things, but still.. :)

PS2. Sorry my english..

[sarcasm]

This is too easy a punishment, instead you should be banned from EL for one year...that'll teach you for dieing!!!

[/sarcasm]

Dieing is punishment...running back to where you died with the fear that you're items may not be there when you get back is punishment...

Personally I have been bagjumped about 50% of the time when I died...I've lost 4 sets of plate, 2 titanium chains, hundreds of srs, brs, and he's by being bagjumped, several different cloaks and so on...it does happen, and if you want to lose your items THAT bad...PM me when you die and tell me where your bag is :icon13:

Edited by sbarstow

Well I am going to be hated but I am still of the opinion that you drop items (ok as today) and the rest (that didn't get dropped) goes poof when you enter the underworld. That would help the economy by removing lots of items from the game and be an impact that would make ELians not want to die.

Of course a ROS stone circumvents this and you keep all your items at the cost of the ROS.

Being kicked out of the game becouse you die is way to harsh for a punishment so thats a No.

And for you getting your DBs back after you have died is just becouse you are around some nice people that gives it back, not everyone is that nice so you have been very lucky so far :whistle:

Kicked for 30 minutes for dying???? omg..pk maps would have only 1 or 2 people left in them for hours on end if they were to do that..seriously..sometimes dying can't be avoided.

Guest Fumblepuff

Being kicked out of the game becouse you die is way to harsh for a punishment so thats a No.

And for you getting your DBs back after you have died is just becouse you are around some nice people that gives it back, not everyone is that nice so you have been very lucky so far :)

Ok I gonna' whine a bit:

I agree that getting kicked out is harsh but you SHOULD NOT LOSE YOUR STUFF!

I played for quite a while, had a sword that did 15 min. damage, chain armor, boots, shield, this stuff took a-lot of time to get. I step into the wrong map and before I can turn around and leave I get killed! when I get back to the spot guess what no bag.

I will not be playing the game anymore unltil this is changed. There are to many mmorpg's out there to waste time like this!

Ok I gonna' whine a bit:

I agree that getting kicked out is harsh but you SHOULD NOT LOSE YOUR STUFF!

I played for quite a while, had a sword that did 15 min. damage, chain armor, boots, shield, this stuff took a-lot of time to get. I step into the wrong map and before I can turn around and leave I get killed! when I get back to the spot guess what no bag.

I will not be playing the game anymore unltil this is changed. There are to many mmorpg's out there to waste time like this!

Looks like you won't ever be coming back. Anyways, we should force the people that die and complain about it to watch Rent before logging back on EL. That way, they won't ever complain again. That movie can melt your mind with it's horribleness

Edited by sora_barzahd

you SHOULD NOT LOSE YOUR STUFF!

So you should be able to get killed without having anything bad happen to you?

Getting killed is a bad thing so you should have something bad happen to you, i mean you lost your life and that's never a good thing!

Maby you should have payed more attention to where you where going? Besides losing some items isn't that bad really it could be worse, what you lost is something you can get back, might take a while but you can always replace the items you lose.

Wich means that you will never play EL again thats your choise.

I think that if you played some more you would gain more knowledge about how things work and then be able to avoid getting killed and lose your stuff.

The topic of making dying more inconvenient has been discussed many times before on these forums.

Prevent players from playing for even 30 minutes is a very bad idea though; we need to keep players interested and involved in the game, and anything that forces them to sit twiddlying there thumbs has to be avoided. While experienced players have the commitment to wait, new players (who die frequently from bunny bites) are likely to move on to something else.

Suggestions that I recall of previous discussions on increased death penalties:

• On death divide the characters inventory into three parts - one part for the death bag, one part retained, and one part destroyed. Gives a nice uncertainty in returned deathbags: "...didn't find a Fire Sword in your bag, must have been lost. Huh? No this one is mine. What are you suggesting?..." Also more items get removed from the game (economic boost?).
  • Zero all attibutes and skills. These recover at 1/minute as normal. More of a penalty for higher level characters, but gives a use for attribute and skill boosting (recovering) potions. Nothing stopping high level characters returning to the frey before they are fully recovered either -- may give the rest of us a chance ;)

Well, I am sure there where more suggestions, but those are two that interested me.

Edited by trollson

Guest Fumblepuff

you SHOULD NOT LOSE YOUR STUFF!

Quote:

"So you should be able to get killed without having anything bad happen to you?

Getting killed is a bad thing so you should have something bad happen to you, i mean you lost your life and that's never a good thing! "

I'm not saying no punishment but at least not your equiped items. I don't mind losing money or all items in my bag. But the stuff takes to long to get to just be gone.

Edited by Fumblepuff

I'm not saying no punishment but at least not your equiped items. I don't mind losing money or all items in my bag. But the stuff takes to long to get to just be gone.

Errrr... anything that's worth saving you should use Rost for.

If you can't afford to lose something you shouldn't have it in your inventory or have it equiped, if it's something you for one reason or another have to have on you while fighting then a rostogolstone in your inventory is a good idea, you lose the stone but not the items you have on.