Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Should there be two Ant colonies?

What do you think of the Ants?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be two Ant Colonies that hate each other?

• Yes! I'll make a donation!
    • Yes, but I wont donate.
    • I don't care.
    • No, one colony is enough.
    • No way, there shouldn't be any Ants!
  2. 2. Should Ants PK players when they are on PK maps?

• Yes! That would rock!
    • I don't care
    • No, too many PK'rs already

Most pking is done on a one-to-one basis
Apprently you haven't see most pking :o

*starts to harvest things for an insecticide to put into medallions*

*thinks of the huge profits*

Learner,

What sort of donation do you need? Cash? Server space?

I like the idea of competing colonies. Especially if there's something particular they're competing over, like maybe a picnic.

Dave

Learner,

What sort of donation do you need? Cash? Server space?

I like the idea of competing colonies. Especially if there's something particular they're competing over, like maybe a picnic.

Dave

I have the web space and server. Cash donations would work the best, I might have to pay off Entropy :blush: plus just support to me for Ant development.

Learner is there any other reason to have a second coline other than for entertainment watching them kill eachother. Because i see this as more ant's taken spawns and more chances for people to be bag jumped (they can be annoying some times when bag trading at a reasource like silver mines) and i have to vote no unless there is a good reason for them needing another conly

If the idea of PK ability goes through, maybe it could be Karma based.

Like they won't just randomly attack players... only those who have attacked them in the past.

And to GenAxis' concern about the number of bots Learner has:

Learner has paid for those bots. I wonder if you have any idea how much time and effort the developers put into the game, especially the server side developers.

Guest The_Knight

I think this would be pretty cool, Would they be able to pk each other in non-pk maps? that would be pretty awesome to. And I dont think there should be pking ants, New pkers like me already have to many opponents.

, Knight

I think this would be pretty cool, Would they be able to pk each other in non-pk maps? that would be pretty awesome to. And I dont think there should be pking ants, New pkers like me already have to many opponents.

, Knight

It would include making them all PKable, so it's rather not possible (unless some serious server code is changed).

There has been some discussion about the Ants, and whether or not a second Ant colony should be started. If more players vote for it then against it, Entropy approves it, and people back it up with donations to me, I will start up another colony of Ants and teach them to hate each other.

Implementation note: steps would be taken to reduce the servers bandwidth requirements.

Feel free to discuss the pro's and con's before you vote!

Learner is there any other reason to have a second coline other than for entertainment watching them kill eachother. Because i see this as more ant's taken spawns and more chances for people to be bag jumped (they can be annoying some times when bag trading at a reasource like silver mines) and i have to vote no unless there is a good reason for them needing another conly

I think there will probably be less ants of each colony online, than there are online ants now.

So that the total server bandwith requirements will stay the same as it is now. (* Same number of Ants on at as there are now will mean the same amount of bagjump/spawn steal by them *).

Correct me if I'm wrong. I might understand Learner wrong on the bolded part. (His own server to 'host' the ants or the game server bandwiths ?)

Greetz,

GarfieldClown

There has been some discussion about the Ants, and whether or not a second Ant colony should be started. If more players vote for it then against it, Entropy approves it, and people back it up with donations to me, I will start up another colony of Ants and teach them to hate each other.

Implementation note: steps would be taken to reduce the servers bandwidth requirements.

Feel free to discuss the pro's and con's before you vote!

I think there will probably be less ants of each colony online, than there are online ants now.

So that the total server bandwith requirements will stay the same as it is now. (* Same number of Ants on at as there are now will mean the same amount of bagjump/spawn steal by them *).

Correct me if I'm wrong. I might understand Learner wrong on the bolded part. (His own server to 'host' the ants or the game server bandwiths ?)

Greetz,

GarfieldClown

My own server runs the ants, which is why we have to keep an eye on the bandwidth between it and the game server.

Yes to both Q's..

Hmmm, didn't Ant_Queen pk zorro? :D

I definitely dont like the idea of ants attacking people. How could I make friends with a bot, that he wouldnt attack me on PK? Guild alliance? No, thanks...

This is a multiPlayer game, not Player vs. machine.

However, i like the idea of 2 colonies. It could be entertaining to watch them.

Yes for both.

And if someone die for an Ant on a pk map, a bot that doesn't even restore, got no armour and poor weapon, You shall not enter pk maps.

Ant's are learning how to make items, and i doubt it will be longer before they start using magic. So i chances are you will see an ant with atleast steel chain armor casting restore in the future

I had to write this post because of absence of the option to have a colony on Irilion. So, I would like to see TWO COLONIES, who do not hate each other, but each on different continent.

Ants SHOULD IMHO PK players on PK maps, and that would actually be welcomed by those who do not like to kill real players.

I had to write this post because of absence of the option to have a colony on Irilion. So, I would like to see TWO COLONIES, who do not hate each other, but each on different continent.

Ants SHOULD IMHO PK players on PK maps, and that would actually be welcomed by those who do not like to kill real players.

C2 was avoided as an option since so often the ants wouldn't have the gc needed to return to C2

Then make Ant_Crafter to give c2 rings to stock Ant_Store with at beam :D

A second ant colony that is at odds wit the first sounds interesting.

I agree with many others that ants should not be in the top players lists as they are not players.

I do not like the idea of allowing them to PK other players, we have monsters to do that job.

I really do support this idea :D

I support it so much, I donated 3 characters to the 2nd ant hill (thanks savyl for the idea)

i think it would be funny besides a 2nd ant colony to have maybe a different insect... maybe a bee colony

I like this idea, or butterflies, anything that has a bit more colorful variety and interest than ants :D

I would suggest to any of you who say no but really don't know much about the ants, or what they can do, or even how much work really goes into them, ask Learner about them. If you actually watch them and ask about what they're doing and how they can actually do it, I bet you will find it's very interesting.

Hehe, just beware of too many ants. Or we will have more ants than players someday...

I agree on removing ants from top lists too, they are online 24/7, so they are in great advantage on players.

Hehe, just beware of too many ants. Or we will have more ants than players someday...

I agree on removing ants from top lists too, they are online 24/7, so they are in great advantage on players.

If a second colony of Ants is started up, the number of Ants active at one time per colony will be lower then I'm running most of the time. That actual number of ants to try to run would have to be negotated with Entropy, as are other details.