Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
v0id

HDRI

HDR Lighting... 'nuff said. lol :ph34r:

Yeah, that'd be cool, but can you do it with OpenGL?

hdr? what is it?

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/HDR

From the resources that I've read, it should be able to be implemented. This would make EL - as far as I know - cutting edge in the RPG world :)

It may cut alot of the lower end gfx card users out of the loop, unless it was implemented as an option in addition to the current 'poor man' video settings. Granted -- and dont flame me for this -- it may not look as good with the current low poly models, but it would make the world realism look alot better :o

Coming from a 3d gfx background -- a little HDR goes a loooong way ;)

And if global illumination could also be added...whoa.. yeah.

Imagine the transition from day to night with sunsets, etc. I could see EL going really far with the proper support ;)

I know next to nothing about C and OpenGL, in the areas of coding - but this, like the many other suggestions would simply be a sweet addition to an already great game.

It's a nice idea I'll admit, but if it is implemented it should be a toggleable option. I know alot of people, including myself, who have the game run at a low framerate to begin with, so there'd have to be some respect for that.

but by all means though, I say go for it (even though I dont' even see colors half the time XD)

It's a nice idea I'll admit, but if it is implemented it should be a toggleable option.

If it ever did get implemented, it most definitely would be an "extra" graphics option because it would bring most graphics cards to their knees.