Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LordGordon

Tunics

Ok, I got a whole host of things returned in my search for clothes and tunics and dye and such, I don't THINK this has exactly been suggested before so here goes.

Both of these ideas came from watching braveheart, theenglish soldiers in particular; for those who haven't seen the movie, go watch it!!

The english soldiers wear red tunics with what looks like animal skin hoods which spread across their shoulders; there are variants made of leather and chain mail too.

So far the harvesting and manufacturing and alchemy skills are all intertwined, to make iron bars you need to harvest ore, coal, red roses, red snappdragons, sulfur, turn those into fire essences and mix. The iron bar can then be turned into aromor, swords, clothes etc, making full use of all of the three skills for maximum gain.

My idea will bring some new elements, some new items and more inter mixing of the skills.

Coloured Tunics are my first idea; sort of like a poor mans fur coat only without the fur or the coat. They would essentially replace the torso coverings, leg coverings could still be worn underneath if possible, if not it could replace those too I suppose.

Items:

5 thread

6 cotton

2 leather

2 dyes

Needle

Cotton is obviously harvested from the cotton plant; then taken to an NPC where it can be spun into useable cotton, for a small price; 5 harvested cotton per piece of useable cotton, 5gc for the processing per piece.

The Dyes on the other hand require a Mortar and Pestle; one colour of flower depending on the colour of dye; red roses for red, black roses for black, blue, yellow, white etc or another plant perhaps is substitutable. Mix that with some water or something and voila, coloured dye.

This could also introduce bukets for mixing things like this or dyeing the clothes.

The hoods on the other hand would seem to be easier.

Leather Hood;

6 pieces of leather

12 pieces of thread

2 rat tails

Needle

Animal Hood

8 Rabbit Furs

3 Pieces of Leather

18 Thread

2 Rat Tails

Needle

Chain Mail Hood

4 Iron Bars

4 Pieces of Leather

8 Pieces of Thread

Hammer

Needle

This would essentially replace the helms and alternative forumlae could be worked out for Steel and Titanium if this would to be implemented.

I hope you all like the ideas and I could find a screen cap I'm sure to illustrate this better if you prefer.

The Dyes on the other hand require a Mortar and Pestle; one colour of flower depending on the colour of dye; red roses for red, black roses for black, blue, yellow, white etc or another plant perhaps is substitutable. Mix that with some water or something and voila, coloured dye.

This could also introduce bukets for mixing things like this or dyeing the clothes.

Sounds like Ultima Online...

Leather Hood;

6 pieces of leather

12 pieces of thread

2 rat tails

Needle

Already in the game and the take much less material...3 leather, 4 thread. Although it's not really a hood but a helmet.

Animal Hood

8 Rabbit Furs

3 Pieces of Leather

18 Thread

2 Rat Tails

Needle

Chain Mail Hood

4 Iron Bars

4 Pieces of Leather

8 Pieces of Thread

Hammer

Needle

The new helms are cool sounding, I wouldn't mind seeing them in the game. :):blink:

Edited by sbarstow

Found this reference pic to better illustrate what I mean, just incase it wasn't as clear as I thought. Mostly I meant what the guy in back is wearing but I like the whole thing the guy in front has.

http://www.propmasters.net/images/bravehea...sscreenshot.jpg

Also, I have no clue what Ultima is, presumably a game but hey.

I just think we deffinately need more variation on whats available; make us more unique, sort of.

i was thinking u talked about fur+chains style..that would rock

lemem find pic

Edit/ could only find the boots lol..well u get the idea fur_lined_boots.jpg

Edited by vwpro

I especialy like the dye'ing posibility...

Mix that with inter-mixable colors, from individual plants, to create your own color, and it would rock :icon13:

About the reference to UltimaOnline: That game had/has a lot of good things, i dont see why it would be bad to be inspired by good ideas of other games...

There is nothing wrong with being "inspired" by other games...we just don't want to become those games. We also SHOULD not want to rip off ideas from other games but alter them to fit EL appropriately. If my memory serves me correctly you could buy a tub of dye in UO for like 10k or something and it was EXTREMELY rare. If we are talking about manufacturing/alching our own dye...that would be a nice little EL twist. :icon13:

Manufacturing it is totally the way to go, buying something like that just makes things too easy; sure you should probably be able to buy it somewhere but the possibility of manufactuing it is more appealing, to me at least; course my manu sucks right now but oh well.

If we are talking about manufacturing/alching our own dye...that would be a nice little EL twist. :mace:

If implemented, wouldn't it make more sense to be a potion thing?

I suppose it could be classified as a potion more than anything else yeah, it seems as though this is taking off, me pleased :lipssealed:

I hope this does actually happen but at least people like the idea, even if it doesn't thats something.

Sounds like Ultima Online...

Leather Hood;

6 pieces of leather

12 pieces of thread

2 rat tails

Needle

Already in the game and the take much less material...3 leather, 4 thread. Although it's not really a hood but a helmet.

Animal Hood

8 Rabbit Furs

3 Pieces of Leather

18 Thread

2 Rat Tails

Needle

Chain Mail Hood

4 Iron Bars

4 Pieces of Leather

8 Pieces of Thread

Hammer

Needle

The new helms are cool sounding, I wouldn't mind seeing them in the game. :wub::D

yea the helmets would be cool...the ones el has now seem kinda plain