Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New summoning creatures idea

I was thinking of a few new formulas:

1 iron sword + 3 bones +3 meat = goblin

1 iron broad sword + 3 bones +3 meat = female orc

etc.

The summoning experience will be considerably bigger, something like 300-400

This would be good for the summoners (more exp, more stuff to summon), and it would be good for manufacturers too, so they can sell some of their items to players rather than Trick.

What do you think?

I think the benefit to manuers will be minor since ogres drop so many iron broads ... unless there's a really huge demand the ogre fighters can't meet.

EDIT: on second thoughts if people are leveling summoning with these things they're going to be needing hundreds of swords, plenty of work for monuers :)

I sure do like the look of that XP :icon13:

Edited by Bharain

..... but the experience would need to be much higher for the summoner and manufacturer t.....

Let's not forget that monsters drop these low level swords like crazy, manuers would be competing with drops.

Oh sure, if the intention is to make ppl used it for summon, they should require not too great level, because each fail you'll lose a lot of gc, so people still would summon wolves. (really few ppl have more than 40 on summoning)

..... but the experience would need to be much higher for the summoner and manufacturer t.....

Let's not forget that monsters drop these low level swords like crazy, manuers would be competing with drops.

Maybe Ent has figures on how many of these swords are dropped by monsters in a week? Would be interesting to see if demand to level summoning beyond 40 could be met just by drops ..

I tied for 9th in summoning, and after talking with antiroot (#4) we thought about how little tit shorts and s2e's are used..maybe make ogres or cycs summonable and put these to use as well?

thoughts?

Maybe Ent has figures on how many of these swords are dropped by monsters in a week? Would be interesting to see if demand to level summoning beyond 40 could be met just by drops ..

Iron broad swords drop off ogres, like flees off a stray dog. If it wasnt for Trik, I would have hundreds of these in storage.

I tied for 9th in summoning, and after talking with antiroot (#4) we thought about how little tit shorts and s2e's are used..maybe make ogres or cycs summonable and put these to use as well?

thoughts?

:nods this would give value yo otherwise valules items.

thoughts?

The more the better in my opinion, i don't see any down side to adding these in, it'll certainly benefit summoning. Fighters could swap their useless stack of s2es for some defence exp training on summoned ogres :)

Cycs summoned sounds great!!

Instead of single training, they could be used for help on pk fights, or to kill some powerfull monsters, like chimmies.

thoughts?

The more the better in my opinion, i don't see any down side to adding these in, it'll certainly benefit summoning. Fighters could swap their useless stack of s2es for some defence exp training on summoned ogres :)

My thoughts exactly. And I know alot of manuers that have tons of tit shorts just collecting dust in their storages.

sounds like a great idea, though there were some good points about the sword, meat and essence issues.

maybe change the weapons alittle bit higher since iron swords are already used in bulk. and concerning the meat and bones issues and the lack of life ess, maybe we could put some other ess in the place of those.

maybe even bring some of the other essences in them maube something like:

iron broad sword + 1 water essence + 2 earth essence + 2-3 life essences = goblin

steel sword + 2 water essence + 4 earth essence + 3-4 life essence = female orc

just a thought to include some of the other essences that aren't used, or used in anything any kind of magical. also, give the other essences more reason to be made. i for 1 would really like to see more use put to some things.

but then again, what do i know? i just play here...lol

I don't know how much it will help manufacturers of iron swords (although it might help people wanting to sell monster-dropped iron swords) . . .

An iron sword requires:

10 iron bars worth about 25-30 gc each = 250-300 gc total

1 steel bar worth 30-35 gc each = 30-35 gc total

2 fire essences worth 3 gc each = 6 gc total

total materials value = 286-341 gc

An iron sword can be bought from the blacksmith for 250 gc and can be sold to Trik for 125 gc.

the summoner could have 3 reasons for summon:

- Gain experience (remember wolves gives ~2 exp/1 gc)

- Gain fighting experience (fight against the summoned)

- Use in pk fights

There should be a good relation in cost/benefit, that it'll really be used.

I don't know how much it will help manufacturers of iron swords (although it might help people wanting to sell monster-dropped iron swords) . . .

An iron sword requires:

10 iron bars worth about 25-30 gc each = 250-300 gc total

1 steel bar worth 30-35 gc each = 30-35 gc total

2 fire essences worth 3 gc each = 6 gc total

total materials value = 286-341 gc

An iron sword can be bought from the blacksmith for 250 gc and can be sold to Trik for 125 gc.

As a manufacturer I agree with Puntif on this one. I don't even make Iron Swords or Iron Broads unless it is for a guildie or a friend. And I also agree with the others on the fact that both these swords are common drops.

I love the idea of adding in manu'able items into summoning formulas, but I don't think these will help offer me a new outlet for sales on these items. I would however like to see s2e's or ti shorts be added as I think these would help with sales, atleast somewhat. Or, how about this:

1 iron helm or s2e (I would be happy with either one)

6 bones

2 death ess

= phantom warrior

Just an idea.

Maybe we've gone off topic a bit now, i see nothing wrong with the idea itself just there are outside factors (which have been well discussed in "Why the market sucks" type threads) which would prevent it being as beneficial as it could be.

what would make it not work besides the fact that these new monsters cost more to summon than more powerful ones such as bear and it would be wrong to give a lesser monster more exp

Edited by KibblesAndBits

Kibbles, that sounds like a major problem, really...

From a manufactor's perspective, I'd like to be able to sell swords for this - it would give me a reason to make something I just don't.

Now, there would have to be a few things considered to make this work for both classes:

1.) Summoners need incentive to summon these - if experience per EMU needed for ingredients is too low, summoners may ignore this like so many other creatures for their level gains. Also, being weaker creatures, would summoners consider using these in battle?

2.) Monster drops - will fighters, in their training, find enough of these swords to meet their new demand? If so, manuers will not gain anything here. If the demand is high for summoning these creatures, the demand for these swords will go up, and if this demand surpasses the supply coming from fighter drops, then the manufactors can make profit.

If this is done right, summoners will be able to invest and get some good experience, manufactors and fighters may get an outlet for their wares/drops. and alchemists can even get a boost.

what would make it not work besides the fact that these new monsters cost more to summon than more powerful ones such as bear and it would be wrong to give a lesser monster more exp

How would it be wrong?

They cost more, so more experience is given, no?

Anyway, I will incorporate all the swords but the serp sword in the summoning formulas.

Entropy, you really have a win / win situation here :D:icon13:

I agree with arnieman. As a summoner i need a reason to spend my cash on supplies for a goblin or fem orc. Since there is currently no other real use for summons (only fluffys and Chims are good enough for pk i guess), the only incentive is gaining experience.

The best thing for me to summon (in terms of exp / cash) for me is now wolves:

2 LE (10 gc)

1 Wolf fur (10 gc)

3 bones (1.5 gc)

2 raw meat (10 gc)

Exp given: 79

Exp / Cash = 79 / 31.5 =~ 2.5

In order to be profitable for both sides the summoner must be able to pay more for an iron sword or broad sword than the NPC Trik pays AND the experience must be high enough to make it worth this investment.

Trik pays 250 for an iron broad, lets say that i will pay 330 gc for an Iron broad, giving the manufacturer a bonus of 80 gc.

Lets say that the other ingredients cost 20 gc.

So i need to pay 350 gc in total on supplies. If this creature would be at least as good as a wolf for me then it should give 2.5 times the experience.

350 * 2.5 = 875!

Some good thinking has to be done here, because this is a great idea. But 875 expierience compared to the other creatures is a bit odd.