Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest yanumee

My list of suggestions....a bunch.

Guest yanumee

I'm new to Eternal Lands, what you might call a noob. I'm downloading it while I type this. I have a few thoughts and suggestions that might improve this game, although they may already be underway. If so, please don't flame me, I'm sorry, just trying to help.

Here is my list:

1. Make your replacement class the Drow, or dark elves. Very cool class, and a favorite among many RPG-ers.

2. I'm from RSC, and a player of Runescape. It is a successful game, and so let me base the next few thoughts on it....make quests...(sorry, you may have this) with rewards that level your harvesting.

3. Holiday drops? HUGE favorites within Scape. Untradeable, trust me, tradable was a disaster.

4. Do you have fishing? Fishing was a great skill in Scape....probly guessing you do...but a thought nonetheless.

5. Faster camera...everyone I've talked to thinks it's annoying...that would be an improvement.

6. I'm not fully educated on the harvesting/cheating prevention system, but why not make it log you out after inactivity, instead of preventing you from accomplishing goals because of overharvesting in the hour.

7. More armor and weps....but I'm sure you will get to that, as this is BETA.

8. A hiscores table? If you don't have one that is.

Yano- I'll add more, but I haven't even played it yet. Still, I look forward to seeing what this game contains...great graphics compared to Scape, but does the gameplay compare? Don't attack me for a lack of knowledge of the game, I admit I'm new, and I just wanted to offer my thoughts, even if they might already be considered or seem stupid to others.

For the faster camer, hold the middle mouse button and move the mouse left/right for fast spins. For keyboard, the speeds are tunable in el.ini

oh man, please restrain me someone before i tear thisones head of :twisted:

1. no flippin way! that will only bring down the wrath of wizards of the coast on entropy...

2. there is a quest that gives you harvesting exp allready...

3. hehe, time will tell...

4. more people are calling for this. problem is that water right now works more like a barrier then anything else and as so cant be interactive from what i know.

5. allready in, check your el.ini in the el folder.

6. in activity isnt the problem, to mutch activity is. basicly you could be harvesting 24/7 and get exp from it unless the limit was there, makeing harvesting the fastest skill to level up. there is investegations into ingame autoharvesting (click and wit rahter then click click click like it is now).

7. this will come

8. this may come

Guest yanumee

Thanks for answering that Duran. Sounds like you know what you're talking about.

Yano- Nice post count btw.

EDIT: I doubt you would get sued by WOC for putting drows in there. Rename them....underelves...dark elves....night elves....black elves....etc.

BTW, on the subject of fishing, the reason we don't have it is because there is no point to have fish, so nothing to warrant a new skill...at least that's what ent said. So, fish have to actually be useful (and not just for food, we have plenty of food types) for them to be in the game. Although one of the things I find stupid about runescape is that there are a bunch of stupid skills. Does it really take a special skill to cut down trees or start fires?

Tradeable rare items was one of the few things that jagex did right.

It influenced the market to such an extent that everything was affected by rare item prices.

The elf character model needs reshaping and so does the dwarf.

dwarves are just versions of humans that are short, and elves are versions of humans that have pointy ears. (forgive me if i am wrong i just started a few days ago.)

It is possible to make a program that will influence harvesting/whatever by making you click on a certain spot even if the person is not playing the game. (this is beta so im just throwing in my 2 cents.) :)

anything can destabelize a economy, anything!

err, how should the elfs and dwarfs be remodeld to not be short humans or humans with pointy ears? thats what they are damn it! what makes them spacial is the fact that in most storys they have a totaly diffrent social system then humans have...

and we know about the harvesting "problem", its being investigated how to best handle it.

basicly, dont post about stuff that pop into your head after 5 min of play unless you can find it in a single thread on this board. most stuff have been talked about over and over so mutch that most original ideas get drowned. and no, we will not put in features or change stuff just to make the game act more like your favorite game!

(rant mode off, barely)

I cant stress enough the fact that This is not runescape and never will be!! please stop trying to make the game more like other games youve played, we want this game to be unique