Eternal Lands Official Forums
Bongo

Cross Compiling for Windows in Linux

This guide is for anyone who wants to be able to compile the Eternal Lands client for Windows in Linux.

Step 1: Installing MinGW and the client's dependencies

I've made this really easy. Download this bash script to a directory with at least 250M of free disk space. This script will download, compile and install the MinGW runtime environment and toolkit as well as all the client's dependencies.

Open build-xmingw.sh in your favourite text editor and change the PREFIX variable to whatever you want. This is where everything will be installed. The default is $HOME/xmingw. If you're happy with this setting you won't need to change anything. Don't change anything else in the file unless you know what you're doing.

Run it. It'll take 5 to 30 minutes or so.

Step 2: Get the client's source code

I'll assume explaining this is unnecessary.

Step 3: Compile it

Download this Makefile to the directory where the client's source code is. If you changed $PREFIX in step 1 you'll need to change $XMINGW_PREFIX in Makefile.xmingw. Run "make -f Makefile.xmingw".

The executable will depend on crusadingknight's Cal3D DLLs, so copy them to your EL folder and include them along with el.exe if you want to share your build with others.

If you run into problems, reply to this post.

Edited by Bongo

Just a note - using my Cal3D DevPak, any users of the compiled client will also need the DLLs out of that DevPak, not the ones shipped with the client.

(EDIT: At least, in my experiments it did.)

Edited by crusadingknight

Just a note - using my Cal3D DevPak, any users of the compiled client will also need the DLLs out of that DevPak, not the ones shipped with the client.

(EDIT: At least, in my experiments it did.)

I knew I forgot something! I'll edit my post.

Edited by Bongo

I've made this really easy. Download this bash script ...

I get a 404 for this link. Could you put it somewhere else, please?

-Walter

As you might have noticed....

This thread is 1.5 years old, and Bongo is no longer playing or programming for EL.

The files were lost when the reepgs server building burned down I think. In any case, bane do no longer have the files, so you will have to look elsewhere for this.