Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gasp0dE

Bags again

Bags could be extended with two id properties.

If a player fights a creature/monster and dies, the id-property is set to the player that died.

If a player fights another player, the id-properties are set to both the player that died and the player he fought.

Any player can pick up the bags, but there could be set actions on what happens to the players.

If there is id set for a bag and it's not your id. You could be set pkable for an hour.

This way, there is still a risk of losing items when you die, but there is also a risk for the player picking it up.

//Gasp0dE

Any player can pick up the bags, but there could be set actions on what happens to the players.

If there is id set for a bag and it's not your id. You could be set pkable for an hour.

Why pkable? why not just notice who took it (something like joker messages)?

I mean, it's not the players fault who took it that the other-one died, so you can't punish him for somebody elses stupidity/accident/whatever...so i think the public message would be ok, so there won't be any pretenders, and everybody would know who's the bad guy ("bagjumper")...

Edited by skodarap

The main thing is to have some kind of action. I like the pkable action but any is possible.

With the pkable action people could fight over the loot or someone could hire a fighter. I Think it would create more enjoyment to the game for all.

//Gasp0dE

I like the public message, but when you pick up the bag to give it back at beam for example, your name will also be there, so it won't work. the pkable part sucks for sure...

This way, there is still a risk of losing items when you die, but there is also a risk for the player picking it up.

In the examples given, the risk to the player picking it up is great and the risk to you is very minimal. Where is the challenge in that? Dieing is meant to be bad remember!