Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

limited guilds

well first off i don't know if there is a limit on how many guilds there can be, or how many players can be in 1.

so here comes the idea..

could there be a limit on how many players can be in 1 guild (maybe like 40) so that pk can be somehow balanced.

not that 1 guild recruits all strong players so that another guild doesn't have any stronger players.

maybe this could be done with HQ's (Headquarters)

a lvl 1 HQ allows you to have a maximum of 20 players in your guild

a lvl 2 allows 40.

and so on.

as the lvl of your hq gets higher the price to upgrade will get higher too.

btw while writing this i thought this would work well with that "capture the fort" idea.

you chose a loc for your Hq and enemy's can raid em.

well that was my idea.. feedback or any good idea's to make this work are appreciated.

Lol, all I can think of is how Dao will need to be like 4 guilds if this is implemented :P

I can see the benefit to the PKers, but not to other players.

On the other hand, the idea of "leveling" your guild, so to speak, seems kind of appealing since it encourages group work/team effort.

What about guilds where only a small portion of members PK? If you have 10 people that PK, and 70 people in the guild making ess etc to support those 10 and make money then how do you handle it?

I don't feel that you can divide things just on the number of people in a guild.

If definitely could add some strategy to PK - do you have a guild full of PKers and have friendly guilds supply you, or do you have one or a few PKers fight, with a guild full of suppliers? I won't go much further - as I don't PK, I really can't comment too much.

Outside of PK, what does it do for the game, other than force smaller groups of "friends" working together? Without some formulation what this is supposed to do FOR guilds outside of PK, I don't see much point to this...

On that note, couldn't similar be achieved if some of the higher-levelers would make a sort of "agreement" to act on opposing sides? I mean, if you force each of the top 10 PK-fighters to be in separate guilds, what says they won't just turn around and ally these 10 guilds as if they were still one?

This would just lead to millions more guilds as eople would get around it by making more than one guild for the guild, and imh there's far to many guilds in game atm. It would also mean guilds that have people from all over the world in different times zones would only have a few people on all day, and a guild with all in one time zone would be dead for half the day. And like its been said this is only good for pking, for everyone else it's a bad thing as it limits there guild for no reason. Why not just implerment something like teams which could limit you to 5 or so members in a team (could do something like change you name to a team colour) and then this can be set up for short periods of time for the events and things you are talking about

This works well in alot of other games, where you have to increase the lvl of your guild to get certain advantages, such as more members, a guildhall or a guild flag. To increase the leve you have to donate gold and/or exp to the guild :D

There are many inactive members and alts in most guilds. This would only lead to them being kicked out. And a couple of guilds instead of 1 means harder communication

Guild is a group of friends/people having same aims in game. I don't see even one reason to limit from up the number of its members.

I would prefer seeing some changes in guild system - so setting a guild is much more difficult and giving it to somebody else is possible only on some conditions, but that's only things.

There was quite a good discussion in this forums about guild system with many valid points given.

Vanyel

I agree with vanyel about needing to make setting a guild harder, that a big problem now, if you look at the guild page you can see theres like 100+ guilds with about half of them having under 5 players, to me that doesn't seem like guilds. I would like to see the stat required moved up to level 60 if not 70, that way only really exprenced players can create a guild

I think that idea of guild status progress is good. To get some advantages from teamwork. Nowadays the guilds seem to me like free alliances and not tight pack of people. Encouraging some teamwork is must IMO.

yaAAaa

making a guild and then recruit all u want is st00pid.

big guilds like Dao or smth wouldn't need 4 guilds.. just upgrade the Hq :/

this would add more teamwork instead of lvl'ing yourself everyday and trying to make money.

and Kedan is right imo only 60'/70's or higher should be able to make a guild to prevent the guildspam.

and Vanyel go buy EE already! ;p

Needs a much higher lvl, 70 or 80 i think to begin. I think they should also cost more to make, 30k isnt very much..

Also would like to see some kind of announcement system? So when you log in you get the guild message, like you the the Day if its a special day. This way if the guild leader has something they want to say to all the members they can easily tell them without timezones messing it up.

The problem with a guildleader needing such high skills is that it only works for fighters. a/d is easier to level than the other skills. It would be insane to need lvl 80 harvesting/alchemy/summoning/crafting/manufacturing/potion/magic.

About newbs buying up collapsed guilds: can there be a check to see if the new leader has high enough skills?

Guilds should be limited to only 2 players. =EF= p4wns j00 all!!11 :)

not that insane, it would drstically lower the amount yes, but it would make guilds someone good instead of something anyone can make lolz.. maybe lvl 60/70, aot of people have this lvl if they play the game abit, not just a/d.

The problem with a guildleader needing such high skills is that it only works for fighters. a/d is easier to level than the other skills. It would be insane to need lvl 80 harvesting/alchemy/summoning/crafting/manufacturing/potion/magic.
point. how about one of: 60/60/75/60/45/45/30/35/35/80 (yes, OA too, it's possible to get that first). and costing 100 plats might also help :)

There could be a charter system where you need say 10 members (different IP's) to sign the charter before you can create a guild. That would get rid of 50% of the current guilds. How many 1 member guilds are there out there? Too many in my opinion.

I also agree the level to start a guild needs to be much higher. Maybe 60 OA and the funds should be at least the price of a crown.

I really don't understand all that discussion.. people should be able to play how they want. You want a 200 members guild? No problem. You want a guild for yourself? I don't see a problem either. It is all about personal choices.

i kinda like guilds of 20 people.but people would just mak more guilds like Hc2, Hc3 ,Hc4

but to avoid this..guild prices should be increased alot

Guest stalag
I really don't understand all that discussion.. people should be able to play how they want. You want a 200 members guild? No problem. You want a guild for yourself? I don't see a problem either. It is all about personal choices.

:D

i dont agree (of course) with limiting the number of players in guild DAO is one giant team im proud to say.

and kib is right ..guild split is a communications nightmare..btw i get players all the time from other smaller guilds becuase they are simpley bored on gm with no-one on.

my goal has never been to be largest guild in game but **it happens it has always been to maintain a base number of 10 or more online at all times to keep chat lively and always have back-up/guild support/friends to chat with. :D