Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vwpro

xfire

Yeah support in xfire would be cool, allthough I read somewhere that ent needs to give his approval or something :)

This could be a good way to get more players to EL :)

It'd be great if Xfire had EL support! :)

It would be good for both EL and Xfire.

I'd love to see how many hours of EL I've played.

My support

- Sistema.

(btw, check my sig:P)

i would love to be able to use x-fire while playing el. would also tell me how much time im spending on el. Im sure it wount take long to get to the thousands

This should be a yes! ^^

It would be great to have EL on xfire.

I'm sure that a lot of players would use it too.

-kat

People, I'm making an 'Xfire should support EL' website. I'll let you all know when it's done.

Until then, can we all bump the EL thread on the Xfire forums?

EL Thread on Xfire Forums

I'll also be making a siggy that we can all use on the Xfire forums.

Also, TirasHazor has started an Xfire clan for ELers. Please check it out and sign up if you're already not in a clan.

EL Players Clan - Also, make sure you let Hazor know who you are in-game.

We need YOUR help to get these guys to put EL on Xfire. So pretty please support us. Thanks! ^^

- Sistema.

Edit: Links can be found on my siggy.

Edited by sisteMa`

Greetings, fellow forum members and players of Eternal Lands.

It gives me (with the help of Cleotopia) great pleasure to announce that we have set up a new campaign for all the Xfire users we have out there. We have been working hard and once again we are going to try continuously on making the Xfire Owners/Admins break under the pressure of the EL Community.

Our attempt on getting supported was started in early 2005 and since then NO Xfire personnel has even commented or replied to any of the posts that have been posted over the numerous year and months. That's why were setting up the Campaign once bigger, better than ever. But we need your help.

Please check out the newly formed EL4Xfire (catchy name, eh?) website, and even use the coolio signatures I've made on the Xfire forums. Also make sure to sign the guest-book (very important!). Please support this campaign and get us on the "Coveted" Xfire List. (btw, if you don't know what Xfire is, check the 'Xfire?' page on the site).

Thanks!

- Sist :)

P.S. Attn EL Officials (namely Entropy & Roja). I don't know what your thoughts are on this topic, but to get EL implemented onto Xfire, we will be needing a LOT more demand. So I was thinking if it would be possible to get it announced in-game. If you need further info on this topic, I can enlighten you via PM.

Edited by sisteMa`

I think this would be a great idea!!

and a big thanks to sisteMa for trying to get this sorted :)

Does it work on Linux?
Doesn't look like it. Requirements = Windows XP or 2000

Kind of makes it useless to me.

Ditto.

Though there is a xfire plugin for GAIM being developed (gfire?), not sure where they have got to with that though (its not in the Gentoo tree at least).

i had it running and it seems to be really slow and seemed to slow down EL, #ping went from 3-500 to 20-3000

might just have been me but thats what happened, if anyone else has this same thing happen let me know, i want to make sure im not the only one.

i had it running and it seems to be really slow and seemed to slow down EL, #ping went from 3-500 to 20-3000

might just have been me but thats what happened, if anyone else has this same thing happen let me know, i want to make sure im not the only one.

Through the summer I played battlefield 2, on a not so great connection and got no more lag when xfire was on or off....

I am sure I also played EL with xfire on, but I can't think of a specific time!!

I'm off home this weekend, I can test it if you like and pm you :ph34r:

Hmm, necromancing old posts. xD I made your site as the clan url, SisteMa.

Not sure why the requirements would say only windows XP/2000, I've used it on 98 for quite a while.

Just a small reminder.

Would be nice if we could bump the EL topic on the Xfire forum like once a week or more often :cry:

Checked out the other games and they get lots of peeps constantly posting.

I wouldn't want to badger the devs there though, so make sure you don't over-do it :hug: