Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
triforce

The impossible

Born at the same time as the world, destined to live as long as the world, and yet never five weeks old. What is it?

The months?

What animal in its life walks on 4 legs, then 2, then 3?

A baby crawls on all fours, an an adult walks on 2 legs, and an elderly person uses a cane

The human Being

1) What is neither inside the house, outside the house, but no house is complete without it?

Thinking door as well...

2) Born at the same time as the world, destined to live as long as the world, and yet never five weeks old. What is it?

The moon - cycle of the moon is a little over 29 days from new moon to new moon - a little over 4 weeks, but less than 5.

3) What animal in its life walks on 4 legs, then 2, then 3?

human - someone already said this one.

1) What is neither inside the house, outside the house, but no house is complete without it?

My guess is the walls. They are not inside, nor outside the house. Thats my guess.

My guess is the walls. They are not inside, nor outside the house. Thats my guess.

could also be the windows...

4) 1 door closes, 9 open. When 9 close, 1 door opens. What is it?

Hinges, maybe? (Though I never saw a door that had NINE hinges... most only have 3 or 4)

~Shouja~

Hmm, maybe the 1-9 riddle refers to a lock and dam? I mean, ship comes in, big door closes behind it, other valves are opened to raise/lower the water level. Get to desired level, shut the valves, the other door opens, and out goes the ship.

Ok here are some more :

1) If there are 7 months that have 31 days in them and 11 months that have 30 days in them, how many months have 28 days in them?

2) How many birthdays does the average man have?

3) What is boiled then cooled, sweetened then soured?

4) A woman gives a beggar 50 cents; the woman is the beggar's sister, but the beggar is not the woman's brother. How come?

5) What is brought to the table and cut, but never eaten?

6) What is neither inside a house nor outside a house, but no house would be complete without it?

Edited by Dushan

The answer is 42, ofcourse...

While some have been asked before...

1) If there are 7 months that have 31 days in them and 11 months that have 30 days in them, how many months have 28 days in them? -All of them

2) How many birthdays does the average man have? One

3) What is boiled then cooled, sweetened then soured? Milk - pasteurization?

4) A woman gives a beggar 50 cents; the woman is the beggar's sister, but the beggar is not the woman's brother. How come? Pretty sure this one was asked already, in a different way

5) What is brought to the table and cut, but never eaten? Boards - never said it had to be a dinner table

6) What is neither inside a house nor outside a house, but no house would be complete without it? someone just asked this one...

Edited by Arnieman