Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fyvle

Encyclopedia gone [SOLVED]

HI, I've been away for three months, so I'm assuming this bug has already been dealt with and I just can't pull it up in any of my searching.

The Problem(s):

I can't see the encyclopedia. The menu pops up, I can see everything under the Game Rules tab, but there's nothing under the Encyclopedia tab, the Skills tab or the help tab.

Also, I'm getting the following entry in my error log.

Error: Can't open file "languages/e/knowledge.lst"

I don't have a /languages/e/*.* Directory I'm missing something.

What I've done:

Besides spending about 30 minutes searching the forums for these problems (and others which I have corrected), I checked my error log. The only error I have left is:

Log started at 2006-04-12 15:52:51

Error: Can't open file "languages/e/knowledge.lst"

Downloading
from www.eternal-lands.com

Perhaps the encyclopedia and this missing file/directory are related?

If someone could just point me to the section that these errors were dealt with, that would be great :mace:

Fyvle.

Edited by Derin

"languages/e/knowledge.lst"

do you have a folder called 'en' there instead of 'e'? if so, adust your config to use 'en' as the language and it should work(either through manual edit of el.ini or the config window in-game... you may need to restart el for it to work). if there's no 'en' folder, then you're missing a lot of files, and you should re-install the full client (not just update)

edit: bold for clarity

Edited by ttlanhil

Oooh, I forgot to mention I downloaded this client about 2 weeks ago (had to format my hard drive a while back so I needed to reinstall the whole game).

I do have the language/en/*.* directory and I changed a line in my El config file to read:

#language = "en"

This solved both problems. The Encyclopedia is now up and the Error: Can't open file "languages/e/knowledge.lst" log is gone.

Thanks for the help.