Eternal Lands Official Forums
spounty

The newbiest thing you ever saw

hehe vanyel they r about me and baddude and my collection of chims :dry:

but ill delete those..too much space

I got book of steel long of magic and asked for price at channel.... Then I even two pms: Both wanted to buy my steel long of magic and offered around 5k :D

On my second day in game, I went to WS to check it out after having seen a little of it from the NPC quest. I saw a deer and thought, "This shouldn't be too hard to kill. I have a sword and some leather armor." So I attack it and I got killed in about 5 seconds. :D I lost my sword and armor.

Another time, I said I was selling beaver fur, and someone asked how much I was selling it for. Being the noob that I was, I said 5k, thinking that the currency was "k" instead of gc. :)

I also went into Grubani Peninsula once, after I had gotten over most of my noobishness. But I was (and am) still weak, so when I went to the Grubani Peninsula entrance, since it didn't say that I was entering a PK map, I went in. I thought, "Yay, another map to explore!" Yeah, right. I sent myself down to the book seller there, near the bottom of the map, and went off to search Google for pictures. The next time I looked at EL, I saw that I had died. I was wondering how someone killed me, since it didn't say it was a PK map. I even went back to the entrance to see if I had missed the message. Finally, I looked around a few sites and saw that there are monsters in there. "Oooh. That's how I was killed. :icon13: "

Way back, I'd allways harvest veggies/lilacs (the ones that used to be right next to the VOTD flower shop) and I was so scared that Mother Nature would kill me. I thought that wearing armor would deduct the amount of damage a bee or Mother Nature would do to me. LEt's just say, I lost ALOT of stuff, harvesting went very slow and cautious, and I didn't figure out that I was wrong til a month or two later.

I made a character, my first one, and I went into IP tavern. I couldn't figure out how to get out because I didn't know you could turn the camera. So I made a new character and never went in a building until my brother told me how to turn the camera. :P

lol

newbiest thing i did was asking logger how to equip a pick axe lmao

and when i joined a guild when i was a newb, i was like to a guy in PM , wtf is this blue message O,o

I was exploring TG with my MM cloak and some armour on when i found an armed gob with hardly any health. I debated with myself for a few seconds and then decided I should be able to kill it, it was already near dead afterall. Fortunately I didn't drop the MM, when i returned to the site looking for my DB i asked an Ant if he had seen it.

Edited by Bharain

At the beginning I decided to take the I glow in the dark perk for self defence on a character that wasn't considering a fighting career. I was mining iron with 120EMU, that was a slow process.

i used to run away from white rabbits when i was new cos i thought all white rabbits were fluffy's :(

LOL i did too ;)B)

i couldnt work out how to open door :'(

Lol, the same. It took me some time to realize how to leave a tavern.

And also one of the most stupid thing I did was my first #reset. I thought after #reset I have all my free pickpoints back, but not used in pc nexuses etc. I was very suprised when I saw it didn't work as I expected and was very very angry. B)

Thx to all ppl from my guild who helped me that time with harvesting ingredients for he's. ;)

The first day I played, I didn't even know how to talk... Aww, AmberGal's first conversation:

[PM from Alucard_Genn: hi]

[PM from Alucard_Genn: are you new]

Alucard_Genn: Amber

[PM from Alucard_Genn: if your new follow me]

[PM from Alucard_Genn: to talk type what u want to say]

AmberGal: :D

AmberGal: oh

[PM from Alucard_Genn: then hit enter]

Alucard_Genn: hi

AmberGal: haha

AmberGal: hi

Alucard_Genn: your new

AmberGal: yes

Alucard_Genn: corrext

AmberGal: been playing for 3 minutes now

Alucard_Genn: amber

AmberGal: yes?

Alucard_Genn: im level 20

Alucard_Genn: your elven kin

Alucard_Genn: i see

Alucard_Genn: my name is Alucard Genn

Alucard_Genn: im the son of Legolas

Alucard_Genn: i am single

AmberGal: ?

Alucard_Genn: do you bealive in god

Alucard_Genn: do you have a elven male to call your own

AmberGal: nope

Alucard_Genn: well

Alucard_Genn: perhaps

Alucard_Genn: we

Alucard_Genn: may

Alucard_Genn: be come to

Alucard_Genn: share

Alucard_Genn: hearts

AmberGal: i have no clue who you are buddy

Alucard_Genn: perhaps

Alucard_Genn: looks downb

Alucard_Genn: starts to blush

AmberGal: ?

Alucard_Genn: feel sad

AmberGal: uh why?

Alucard_Genn: my lady

AmberGal: you're weird as heck

Alucard_Genn: i also hope that some day

Alucard_Genn: i may find

Alucard_Genn: someone

Alucard_Genn: to share my heart with

AmberGal: why are you so weird?

AmberGal is now a lawn decoration.

Several months later, my first brownie:

[AmberGal @ 1]: WTF!! I just saw a small guyt!!

AmberGal: why are you small?

AmberGal: brownie?

AmberGal: why are you so small?

[AmberGal @ 1]: It's a 'brownie'? what's that?

Edited by AmberGal

i walked around for many days after i started wondering if my chat thing was broken cause i was trying to type in channel and i talked in local and no one answered me :P

Edited by Zerth

lmao most newb thing i ever did was get stuck on Newbie Island cos i couldnt work out how to open door :'(

you werent taht noob at the time but you forgot to mention the day when you got stuck in poison area in KF and you waited til Scarr come save you by bringing you some HEs so you can heal and get out of here lol :P

LMFAO

owned4tc.jpg

dam poison lo0l :'(

i died there 3 times trying to get out and had to go back for my bag each time ;/

Edited by Zaer

I have a really really good one.. well tis old because i havent played in like years or so :P

anywho..

I owned a guild called ~KO~ (for knocked out) AND i GOT A MEMBER WHO PURCHESED FULL PLATE A TITANIUM THERMAL SERP..bah caps.. anywho and a couple capes.. right.. Well My guild was getting some cool members and a nice number for guild.. this guy just started and he didnt know how much guilds were plus he didnt have the levell so he gave me his full plate, his therm and mirror cape.. witch back then i guess was more then it may be now.. maybe less who knows.. :)

anyway So he got the guild then I sold my sword to blackcomplex who sold it to a moderator or someone like that..

:sneaky:

I think the most newbish thing I did when i was a newb was trying to talk to the wraith in public.. I started like yelling becuase he didnt answer me.. I thought he was a mod :P

i used to run away from white rabbits when i was new cos i thought all white rabbits were fluffy's :(

LOL i did too :omg::P

Count me in :D

It was just a couple of hours (I was looking at the enciclopedia, so, I soon realised that there was two kind of white rabbits, and the ones that killed me in Tahraji was fluffy. I was just looking around, but I went naked, since it was my first day in the game, and I was just becoming familiar with the thing.

I was messing around with the global filter file, and set it so that when my name was mentioned, something inappropriate was written instead. I was already in the game, but I was still a little upset when nothing happened (I didn't know that the game had to be restarted). Until the next day, when the first person who spoke to me said "Hey. Wan*er" I gave them a lot of abuse back. Then I realised it was because of the filter file. So I quickly quit the game, and replaced the global filter file with the backed up version, and logged back in (because I thought every one could see Wan*er instead of my name). I further realised after apologising to the person who I thought was swearing at me, that it was only me who saw these obscenities anyway... :)

Not sure if this qualifies, but back when i was a newb a few accounts ago (amasing how hard it is to remember a password after a year or so), back when i thought cord was the only good attribute, and took only a few physieck to get my health up, i was around fighting gobs with some guildmates. Ah, i remember training on gobs so well, needless to say, back then, training up defence was hard (even with the 25% god increase), i sent months "training" in dp forest, going back to the temple to heal very often (hey, its free, why waste br's?), no doubt because i had no real attributes, little overall level (about 20), and no idea that negate perks dident cost you PP, so the days where long, and the training tuf, and the money little, and the xp pathedic, anyways.

Luckly i dident die on gobs, as long as i had some trusty br's, a sword, and my good leather armor. Back then i thought that you had to get hit to get xp you see, and by hit, i mean actually take damage, thats why i only got cord attributes (duh!, i dident relise that was one of the problems i had with getting xp), and nothing else. I also had this notion that armor only slowed you down to a point where you die, so i only carried the "best" armor, aka, leather armor, tit long, and enhanced wooden shield, not as heavy as the metal armor, so my defence wasent effected, i dident relise that the armor actually was better then more defence.

Oh yes, back to the story. Anyways, after long amounts of training in mm caves, i was taken to the gobby caves of votd, where i then spent most of my time doing my part in keeping those smelly gobbies from living. It was fun. When i needed more br's, i usally just whent over to, erm, what was that, tajari desert? or something like that, where br's where droped by the server in the north part of the map along the path (for some reason, i was the only one there, beatyful place (the west part is at least, by the pond), the only people that where ever there where kind enough not to pk me (which was only one person), the rest where bussy waiting outside of the map for people to come in (hah, i just laughed as i exited that map, seeing them on the other side, to scared to do the same to maps like kf where the real pk'ers where). Ah, wannabes are so funny sometimes, which reminds me of my newbier days when i dident know about how the ships worked (besides getting off ip), i used to walk everywhere. One time, i was going to buy something from someone, they wanted to meat in votd, we where both in ip, he used the ships and got there in about 30 seconds no doupt, i walked and got there 5 minutes latter only to get lost trying to find the storage (they where not marked, so when he said the storages name, i thought he ment the city but just couldent spell it right, needless to say, that was about another minute of their time wasted to my newbness, and they still traded with me)). Anyways, back then i dident even know what mosters where, i walked everywhere. I walked across southern killeran several times before i died, i thought someone killed me, untill i walked arcoss it again and saw a moster kill me :whistle:. From that day on, i was more cautious about bad maps, but not before strolling across kf a few times, i got lucky, no one was on the map, i thought it was because it was pk, everyone was scared to walk on it, untill one day i entered on the votd side and got creamed instantly, from that day on, i would go on and off kf at votd side, leaving before i could get attacked, just trying piss them off.

Arg, again i lose track of the story, and its a funny one. Back in votd gobbie cave where me and a guildmate where doing our part in the war on gobbies, someone came in with no armor, or weapon, or anything but the cloths you have instead of a back. I laughed, what was this guy going to do, is he trying to die? kf is just a bit north, im sure it would have been faster. He attakced a gobbie, i laughed, after all, when gobbies hit me, i lose about 10 health (out of like 30). So here was this guy, attacking a gobby naked, and guess what happens, he dident die yet. So i waited, laughing at his foolishness. After a minute of him not dieing, he finially says his guild only takes vitiality attribute, after some physieck to carry things, he had 72 vitality, and what really made me laugh, he was only 6/6 a/d, or something less then 10. And the gobbie still couldent kill him. Another minute pasts, he was healing, but not dieing. After about 5-10 minutes, and what seamed like 100 br's later, the gobbie had died, and he dident try to kill another, but at least whent up some levels.

Ah, what where you expecting? A real newb story, no, im affraid the real newb story was that you read all this.