Eternal Lands Official Forums
spounty

The newbiest thing you ever saw

Two acts of my newbism which i remember the most:

I was going with efe to meet sb at storage and sell it but in the meantime I went to diamond cave in ws to kill some gargs to show sb who visited me at home that I am strong enough to kill them without any problems. In other words to boast how good I am;). Unfortunately a garg killed me and of course I dropped efe. I was lucky that sb who found my db was very honorable and gave it back. Of course he was very suprised how could I train with efe in my inv. :icon4:

Second: I attacked WanderingFool near Molgor and he was not so weak as I expected and I died, dropped exc. cape, what a shame.

Edited by CharlotteS

I recently got able to cast restore and someone wanted to train pvp with me...

I thought noone could even kill a fluffy rabbit, and me and my partner got MM perk... so we gone to tahjari.

And Shasso came there too to train on the fluffy, he attacked the fluffy barehanded and i said in local:

"How noob, lol".

I was then amazed by the fact he killed the fluffy easily. I was more amazed by the fact he did not attacked me after i called him noob, he just laughed and asked if i got an efe.

Shasso is a great person :dry:

I was just thinking about this earlier today but it was more along the lines of the most noobiest thing which I have ever done, but in a sense "yes" also saw.

That would have to be when a bunch of us noobs from =Hc= guild eagerly went to help Shivar (now known as scarr) keep his fluffy alive so that he could train longer. Now that I think about it he must have been laughing his ass off at us that he managed to lasso us all in to keep his fluffy alive longer. He made it look like that those of us who were brave and courageous enough to partake in this extremely dangerous mission were somehow privalaged.... elite mercenaries in training. His excuse was besides helping him reach his next ad level was to train our magic!! :dry: Of course we supplied our own ingredients, too.

Edited by Savyl

Noob thing number 1: My second day playing EL, just finished the npc quest and got my sword and armor. So i went for a walk in tarsengard got about 5 steps in and died. No idea what killed me so i went around yelling(in local hadnt got the hang of @ yet) asking who killed me in tarsengard please return my stuff, about a week later i found out it wasnt pk and an armed gob killed me.

Noob thing number 2: asked people at wsc arena if i could train with my friend they said yes i stepped in and we both died.

i got to a/d level 9/9 and i was so proud of myself i went garg hunting....

In the famous words of Stan Lee: Nuff said

A really new person in the game asking me newb stuff so I try to help him by telling him to go to channel 1. and to just ttype @@1 heyas. or @Hi etc. He then asked me how to make that sign. And I was like this one @? He was like yeah. So i was sorta at a loss. I told him to look at his keyboard, lol. After awhile he finally got it.

Another not so new person to the game. ASks me whats a Forum after I told him to check forums about some guild or other. This same person also had 19 pps saved up. i asked him why he didn't use his pps and He was like "Whats a pick point? " He had been playing for a few months. he is a great kid though and still a newbie after all these months :hug:

One of the most newbie things I've ever witnessed, well, not sure if newb or just unbelieable... was a guy in full leather, iron sword, steel shield, using BRs and the basic healing spell... dying in combat to teh mighty small spider :brooding:

Edited by Master Maxim

One of the most newbie things I've ever witnessed, well, not sure if newb or just unbelieable... was a guy in full leather, iron sword, steel shield, using BRs and the basic healing spell... dying in combat to teh mighty small spider :brooding:

That's nothing... guy in full plate killing goblins... he had serp of course and Pip noticed people killing brownies in plate armour.

I sold tit long sword for guy with a/d/p/c all something between 4 and 6... Then he asked if he was strong enough to kill deer now...

(he killed it btw)

Edited by ville-v

lmao most newb thing i ever did was get stuck on Newbie Island cos i couldnt work out how to open door :'(

you werent taht noob at the time but you forgot to mention the day when you got stuck in poison area in KF and you waited til Scarr come save you by bringing you some HEs so you can heal and get out of here lol ;)

for my part, one of the noobest thing i did was when i started EL, i went to underworld for the first time, and got lost in there for like 1-2 hours trying to get out without finding the exit, then i followed someone and he told me th eway to get out lol :)

Once, it was like 6 month that i was playing EL, i saw someone on JC3 buying a s2e, i pmed him right away to know what was his offer... he offered me 2.5k gc when it was only worth 250gc lol.

When i was still hunting gargs, i saw someone with tit short, i asked him if he wanted to buy a tit long, he replied that he was happy with his tit short.. i asked him how much he bought it, he told me he bought it at blacksmith for 6k gc lol... i told him the truth about the sword and her value .. he made #killme yes.

:D

Edited by Mr.Yndiana

I remeber when I first started, I thought I got a rare drop when I found a vial and tried to sell it for 5k on market ch, And I got muted

Edited by The_Knight

Once I bought S2E at NPC for 3K (I was saving for it for a long time). Then I started killing goblins, and I lost it. Then, when I killed a few mor gobs (with quarterstaff) it dropped me an s2e. :P

And I bought like 3 iron shields too for 800 gc each.

MY newbie story...beats alot..I never played an online game before..when I came on I spoke into my mic ..screamed..cursed..finally I realized typing was the thing.. :) then someone told me to type #help_me to get help...so thats what I did for about 3 days with every question I had...there were several :):D .

This is a good place to finally say...omg I am sooooo sorry about that! :D

:P Sin

Edited by SineVe

Well im kinda embarashed to post this but its to damn funny not to. I had played for about 2 weeks and my friends crazyffrey and darklegacy1 had been playing about a month before me. They told me to get the sigils for the teleport to range spell and the essences to cast it so i did. Being the noob i was and thinking dl and crazy were experienced players, and as rl friends i listened to everything they said. They told me to cast teleport spell a few times, so i did, and after every so many times they asked how many more times i could cast it. When i only had enough ess to cast the spell one more time they took me to wsc arena. I watched them tele to the balcony with the table and chairs, so i did the same. I saw them tele down and then i realized my mistake. Not enough ess for me to tele back down and u cant beam out of the arena. I had to #suicide off and dropped 6kgc which was luckly recovered by dl and crazy. They still laugh at me til this day for that. That was only 1 of the many things they did to me when i was a n00b.

-Broken

Edited by trotter

I had that too once, but I solved this problem on another way. I logged off and let someone else teleport on the chair, then when I logged on I was down the arena again =P

lol my noobish thing was i was a/d 14/15 and i was in yvartztaw with full fur and mm cape then i bumped into a creature called Mountain Chimeran i looked at it and suddenly baddude came and within 3-5 shots he killed it i asked him what it was he said a type of mutated wolf then i asked what they fell he said gc s and special stuff sumtimes i looked at the wolf and thought with a lil bit hardness i can kill a wolf so i managed to attack it and guess what

those furry paws touched me once and kablaboom im at underworld my mm cape gone...luckily after having a chat witgh baddude about them being the strongest creatures in EL and him saying do not jump on my spawns again he gave me my cape back :D and thats how i learned about chimerans..till then i collected their screenies inculuding arctic by having a trip to hulda :whistle: and now i have forest chimeran left to screenie...

EDIT:Perhaps that is why i put my forum name as Chimeran Wolf :P

Edited by Chimeran Wolf