Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cicero

Trade guilds

I thought it would be a good idea to form guilds based on the jobs some people are gravitating to. Guilds could be formed, with the person with the highest stats in the relevant areas being in charge. Here is how I would define "jobs" you might take up in the game, based on how I've observed how some people spend most of their time.

Blacksmith:

make weapons

make armor

smelt ore

Figher:

attack/defense/combat

Mage:

make potions

make essences

perform spells

Farmer:

harvest plants

Miner:

mine ore

possibly smelt ore?

Hunter:

kill animals

make fur items

This is a very half-baked idea, so I'd like other people's opinions on this.

most people dont want to join a guild just to make things...or help do things.

Just stateing

Regards,

me

On the contrary, after I posted this, while I was mining silver with several other people, someone commented that we should have a miners guild.

The trick is you need to find a group that is interested in helping each other make the items needed and leveling up in different areas of specialty. But, you also need to have people hauling goods around for the higher levels ones so that the higher ones can continue leveling or making the critical items. You at the same time need to make sure that the lower members get paid well and have chances to level as well.

I do see a concern that players may leave after they have leveled up in the hard areas and don't feel like contributing.

Look around, there are probably some informal goruping and assisting going on already.

Any Guild/Clan/etc should work to help each other. A mining/alch/manu Guild would be focussed on production for themselves and for others.

It's probably the only way we will get someone up high enough to make a serpent sword unless the player doesn't have a life. It's already hard to get steel unless you make it yourself since people need it for their manu.

A mining/alch/manu Guild helps get around this problem since they would help supply the steel and know that when they need it, it'll be available as well.

There shouldn't be many people using up all the steel for manu. If you want to increase your manu, the quickest way is to make leather gloves. You would need an unfathomable amount of steel to gain a single level once you actually start making swords. Maybe if you had a dozen people who filled their storages up with metals and had one person cranking out swords . . . that one person might get a level or two and everyone would get filthy rich . . . ok, this is actually sounding like a good idea . . . anybody want to have a steel 2 edger party?

How about everyone save their steel bars for me, that way when im lvl 48, I can crank out titan swords and we'll all get rich.......lol i dont really expect you to take this serioulsly.

This could be a good idea..

Like the ppl make bars the guy gives back swords-ppl get money and after that the guy makes swords for every1