Eternal Lands Official Forums
Soad7777

may i ask why i was banned

hi everone, can anyone tell me why i was booted by learner then had my IP banned? please :)

For being mixed up with some illegal multi that was going on, including playing from their IP while the illegal playing was going on.

It's more complex then that, but for public discussion, that is the short description.

look. i want trading with my own IP, i wasnt helpin myself with two character, i wansnt training with myself.... and after all the money ive spent here, not to mention all the time... i deserve a better explanation..... cmon guys, EL is my life... just ask any of the people who i got to stay, to buy things from the shop, etc... please let me know whats goin on :)

Hello everyone

for th first time i am on the ban list too, i was told i was doin something bad called multi tasking, As most of u know who know me im a hard worker and i train for hours to get my levels up, I have two charactes, barbie and surfy they were both harvesting at the same place (blue star flower bush) neither of them traded with each other, but we were helpin soad get some flowers learner came and was watching but i wasn't concerned since i believed i was doin nothing wrong. But I guess i was pretty wrong since i am now in trouble

what my punishment will be i have no idea, but what ever it is i wont complain as in the past i have seen that ent and his staff have been very reasonable.

but if possible i would like a better explainaton on the rules,,, so i wont break them again, ive never been in any trouble and its not fun knowing that i was doin illigle things, So r the rules: u can't have two players on at the same time doin the same task even if they r not having any interaction with each other.

if barbie and surfy were at a diff bush would it of been ok then..

:)((((((

hugs

Surfy

ok that last post sounded a little mean and defensive, so ill speak as someone who loves this game now...

both surfy and i have joined this game to help people, to make this a better place, and to help entropy...whom we both have a lot of respect for, and both appreciate bringing this forum to meet people and affect peoples lives. We would never cheat, nor would we even think about breaking rules. If we have done something unethical, or against EL policy, we aare both sincerely sorry. If you can please let us know what rule we broke, or what spirit of what law we broke, we will immediately stop, and desist from such action again. We both love this game, and love what Ent and your great staff have brought... can you please let us know if we face a penalty, or if we are banned for life from this great game? Id appreciate a quick answer, because we both respect this game immensly and literally dig in our pockets to make it better. thank you for your prompt reply. Soad

Unfortunately for you surfy, that's not at all what surfy and barbie were doing. You obviously were NOT the one using your characters.

Soad7777 you were on the same IP as surfy and barbie for hours until you were hauling the 3 loads of 1046 flowers that you put in your storage. We banned you on your 4th load.

Also none of you explained why twice I saw both barbie and surfy say the EXACT same thing at the EXACT same time. Twice.

And why barbie's comment came out on surfy's character.

Soad...we all contribute to this game. That is NO excuse for getting away with cheating. We ALL love this game and most of us manage not to cheat. So you think that because you bought stuff from the store we should unban you...sorry, it most certainly does not work that way. There are plenty of people who love this game who don't cheat.

i wouldnt dream of expecting RL money to allow me to engage in any illegal activity......... it not my style nor is it my MO

yes surfy was on my character harvesting ore... i do admit that, but its not so we can make a giant plan of world domination... it was only something that we tried to make this game just a little easier, with my big emu gettin silver ore is just a little easier. We make our own HEs, we train and get levels not to take advantage of people, and we are kind to everone who comes into contact with us. Please dont ban us, we are very into this game, and if weve broken any rules, please give us another chance.... we dont wish to harm this game, only to help it prosper, because its brought us together and we hope it affects others lives as much as it has ours. Thank you, we both miss EL badly.

surfy was on my character harvesting ore... i do admit that, but its not so we can make a giant plan of world domination... it was only something that we tried to make this game just a little easier, with my big emu gettin silver ore is just a little easier.

That is unfair on everyone who doesn't have a large EMU like that, and hence is against the rules. This should be obvious. Using a second character to get an unfair advantage is NOT tolerated.

Hello all

I asked Aislinn before making another post since it says that we can't post more than once.. but now i understand why i am believed to be a cheat and liar. here is the story and i hope u all will be patient as i tell it. as honest as i can. Beware my writing skills suck.

I was using soad's character to harvest silver ore for him and i was using surfy to harvest silver ore for myself. when soad came home from work he logged on his name disconnecting me from the server on his name. I stayed on my name. so it must be possible when someone logs on while another is on his name it keeps the original ip number it's teh only thing that woudl explain how two ppl from diff states can have the same IP , here is my post from chat log.

You started to harvest Silver Ore.

You started to harvest Blue Lupine.

dutchman21's Pickaxe just broke... So sad..

A cavern wall collapsed on soad7777, and s/he was hit for 30 points. If there is no cavern wall nearby, can you imagine how unlucky s/he was?!

You stopped harvesting.

Your harvesting experience limit for this hour expired, you won't get any more harvesting EXP until the next hour.

Too heavy, you are overloaded.

You stopped harvesting.

Disconnected from server!

Press Alt-x to close the game

soad7777 has logged off.

soad7777 has logged off.

soad7777 has logged on.

soad7777 has logged on.

[PM from soad7777: hi babe]

[PM to soad7777: Automessage: I am currently away from my computer, plertretrtret]

Not AFK any more

You have 1 new messages from the following people:

#: Names: Messages:

1: soad7777 1

To print the messages from the different people type #msg <number> or #msg all to view them all

[PM to soad7777: that lady pm u about ur meeting]

You stopped harvesting.

[PM from soad7777: nope i just got on]

[PM from soad7777: what ya up to babe]

then i was off of soads name and went to harvest flowers not blue star like i said, dunno why i said that it was flowers for he, i think i said it caseu im always gettin blue star cause i make sr while i train.

then before the ban this happened

ou started to harvest Chrysanthemum.

Mother Nature got pissed off at barbie. As such, s/he lost 19 health

You stopped harvesting.

You started to harvest Chrysanthemum.

Mother Nature got pissed off at soad7777. As such, s/he lost 17 health

You stopped harvesting.

[PM from soad7777: babe]

[PM to soad7777: u need to wait im havin trouble]

[PM from soad7777: what happening]

[PM to soad7777: the same crap with norton firewaill i can't access teh internet]

You stopped harvesting.

[PM from soad7777: ur on the internet if your on the game]

[PM barbie just hit a teleport nexus, so s/he departed us.

barbie just hit a teleport nexus, so s/he departed us.

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

You see: surfy

soad7777: hi aislinn

Aislinn: hello

You stopped harvesting.

Mother Nature got pissed off at barbie. As such, s/he lost 14 health

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

barbie found a bag of gold, getting 13 gold coins

You stopped harvesting.

surfy: can u bring me some ess please soad

barbie: can u bring me some ess please soad

soad7777: sure lmao

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

surfy: eeek how did both surfy and i both talk

surfy: good trick

barbie: good trick

soad7777 has logged off.

soad7777 has logged off.

You stopped harvesting.

You were booted by Learner!

barbie has logged off.

I understand fully why we were booted from the game, my IP number stayed on soad and when he was takin flowes from my bag the mods were being told by their logs that the two charactes were being played by the same ip number when soad was takin flowers from surfy adn barbie. But i hope learner will look into this adn he will see that soad did come home and log in adn started playin his own charcter when he was takin flowers from my bag.

eeeek it sure makes me look quilty :)

I dont know any thing about programming but if anyone reads this that does and can answer teh quesiton on how my ip can stay on a character when someone logs on while teh charaacter is harvesting it would be nice to know

sorry for the longggggggggggggggg boring reply, but its a scary thing to be thought a liar

again ty and hugs

surfy

I understand fully why we were booted from the game, my IP number stayed on soad and when he was takin flowes from my bag the mods were being told by their logs that the two charactes were being played by the same ip number when soad was takin flowers from surfy adn barbie.

If you had 2 characters (surfy and barbie) both online at the same time harvesting for soad, then that is illegal. You are NOT allowed characters that help each other!! The fact that you *also* had Soad logged on and where using him to mule before he arrived makes matters worse.

You are allowed to have different characters, but they are NOT allowed to interact at all. It is best if they are always on different maps.

then before the ban this happened

ou started to harvest Chrysanthemum.

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

[PM to soad7777: u need to wait im havin trouble]

[PM from soad7777: what happening]

[PM to soad7777: the same crap with norton firewaill i can't access teh internet]

You stopped harvesting.

[PM from soad7777: ur on the internet if your on the game]

[PM barbie just hit a teleport nexus, so s/he departed us.

barbie just hit a teleport nexus, so s/he departed us.

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

You see: surfy

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

You stopped harvesting.

soad7777 has logged off.

soad7777 has logged off.

You stopped harvesting.

barbie has logged off.

So you are trying to tell me that in the amount of time from this chatlog (and I was standing there during this time) you harvested over 5k chrys? (3 loads of 1046 were deposited in soads storage, he had a load of 1046 on him when he was banned, and there was 1982 in barbie's bag and 290 in surfy's...).

I also want to know why barbie and surfy were sharing a program to be run simultaneously from the same place.

It's also an easy task to send somebody a copy of their chatlog to post as theirs btw...

I, from my own IP, was harvesting flowers before surfy even got there...she was in the silver mine, by herself, with one character. There isnt anything illegal going on here Aislinn, and its hurt both of us. It takes all of about 2 minutes to fill my emu with chrysanthemums.

Aislinn, this is wrong. We werent cheating. We dont play the game that way. Every person we've ever helped... every friend weve ever made here, and every dollar we've ever spent have come from playing this game fairly and honestly.

There was no warning, no opportunity to explain (youve all got your facts mixed up), no nothing.... Entropy, i am very dissapointed in the way this is being handled. Ask your moderators if any of them have a Manu character or another char that even indirectly benefit their main character.

Neither of us trade with an alt, nor have we broken even the *spirit* of the rule... if we have, unbeknownst to us, noone even warned us. This is really out of hand and I'll only ask once more to have us unbanned. Neither of us cheat here or IRL, and this is completely wrong :P

Edited by Soad7777

I, from my own IP, was harvesting flowers before surfy even got there...she was in the silver mine, by herself, with one character.

That's not what she said or what the logs show.

Your stories don't match up with each other, each story doesn't match up with the logs until you find out what the logs actually said then you all change your versions.

You and surfy both ended up online from surfy's cousin's IP...now THAT is interesting.

And you STILL have not answered why surfy and barbie were running from the same automated program.

Sorry, but WE will decide whether or not it's legal or wrong and it's looking like YOU two were in the wrong. You lecturing ME really has no place here.

automated program? im afraid theres nothing so insiduious going on here. No offense to surfy, or to you, but the thought of her having such a program is laughable. All that was going on, was she was harvesting with two characters. I dont know why this is so out of hand, and were both scrambling to make you understand and to stop this lunacy asap.

Ask your moderators if any of them have a Manu character or another char that even indirectly benefit their main character.

I have one alt with a level greater than 10. That alt has never been in contact with my main character or for that matter anyone of my guild even. It is just a "get away from the chaos" character.

In addition, I can't remember the last time I've been on any of my alts.

So... now that you've suggested that all mods are cheaters... and now that my above statement can be verified by the Ent-man himself... can we get back to YOUR case?

noone is suggesting that moderators are cheaters, your not reading into the statement...

All im trying to do is find out EXACTLY what questions you want answered, so this lunacy can stop.

Can you please just put forth exactly what you want to know, neither of us will hide anything?

Im asking you to please spare us the indignity of not responding, the accusations of cheating and the action taken are embarrasing enough. If indeed we did something wrong, and got banned without warning, I implore you to at least come to a resolution. So far we havent broken any rules im aware of, both of us feel quite strongly about that.

Please let us know whats going on, we both miss this game we love a lot.

Edited by Soad7777

Well if u check my logs u will see what i posted was teh truth, many ppl run two characters and to my knowlege its not against the rules as long as they dotn interact, ive told other ppl when they were runnin two characters make sure they dotn inter act, my two characters were at diff locations, one harvesting flowrs to sell at teh flower shope adn surfy gettin herself ore,

When soad came home and logged on it was then that him and i interacted and i helped him by harvestign flowers,

If u would take teh time to look at my logs u will see that what i posted was teh truth, ya we had other conversations but some of it was personal and i didnt copy and paste that. this can all end adn u will see if i posted right or not if u take the time to read my peronal messages to soad, I had no idea that him loggin onto his own name while i was harvesting with him would keep the same ip, can't u at least check into it before u do what ur doin, If im in trouble for harvestin with two characters at the same time to help someone out, then ok, but to say i was using soad when i wasn't and bannin me for that, is not fair unless u check out what the truth is[/b

U have access to my logs they dotn lie if u would take a few minutes of ur time u will plainly see that.

And torg i see no where in the rules where it says u can't use two characters to help someone else. just as long as they aren't bein used to help each other. I know ent is God in this game and i respect that...its not a right for me to be playing a character but a privelege as long as we follow the rules. so is askin u to at least to check my logs asking too much. u have access to my logs they dotn lie

hopefully u will check them

again thanks and hugs for lettin me post

surfy

accusations of cheating

accusations of lying

accusations of moderator abuse

accusations of everything short of animal abuse

now being ignored.

Can someone please resolve this?

Let me make this VERY clear.

We are all comparing our logs. We are trying to find anything in your stories to match anything in those logs. So far a LOT does NOT match up. AND your stories (both of you) keep changing. And a LOT of character sharing is showing up with multiple's on at the same time. Helping soad while ON soad and surfy is just as illegal as helping surfy with barbie while on both, and bagtrading to avoid having trade logs show up is really a no-no as well. Seriously, do NOT play us for dumb.

Now if you want an immediate resolution, fine. All 3 characters stay locked and banned since stories and logs don't match up and no explanation was given for the double automated responses. "Laughable" just doesn't cut it.

Now if you will just be quiet, lose the attitude, and let us do our jobs (remember we do have other people who play this game besides you, and real lives too), maybe, just maybe something different will be resolved. Although I really dislike people who lie and change their stories depending on the information given to them. Left to me with the logs I have, the proof I've seen, the stories I've been given, the attitude I've been given, I would definitely leave it as it is now.

Ok, in our wisdom and mercy, we have decided the following punishment:

Soad7777 was fined for 10Kgc and 1K chrisantemus

Surfy and Barbie (together) were fined 1K chrisantemus and 3 serp swords.

All the characters were unlocked, and this also serves as a warning not to do that again (using 2 characters to help another, which shares or shared the same IP).