Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tigs

masterken20

I was harvesting emeralds when I was tele'd off my bag. Before I could get back, masterken20 jumped it and took all. Only 17 emeralds lost, but that is not the point. He would not return them when asked. After I followed him all the way to MM storage asking, and then pm'ed him he would be posted in outlaws...and returned to the catacombs.....he left bag for me, while insulting me. (and evidently can't tell gender) I didn't bother even to look, as if he only returns things at threat of being on outlaws...he deserves to be anyway.`Chatlog follows, with relevant statements bolded:

Tigs just hit a teleport nexus, so s/he departed us.

You stopped harvesting.

masterken20 found a bag of gold, getting 16 gold coins

Tigs: hey!!

Tigs: that's mine

masterken20: yo

[womanwonder @ 3]: selling fe's and matter essance

Tigs: mine

Tigs: gimme my bag

[silver_sdw @ 3]: selling conj. cape 4k, efe 2.5k im in nc!

Tigs: outlaw

[ishan @ 3]: buying raw meat pm me

Tigs: gimme me damn bag

[Zana @ 3]: selling 12 titanium shorts @500ea/10 steel shields @ 400ea/10 steel chains @800ea/ im in votd pm me!!!!

masterken20: 17 emerlds?

Tigs: give me my bag

Tigs: i tele'd

[shedevil @ 3]: I am selling 1 iron helm for 190gc each, come visit me in Morcraven Marsh at WS exit (358, 282).

[PM to masterken20: give bag]

Tigs: hey bagjumper ken give me bag

Welcome to Naralik

[PM from masterken20: mine 17 more]

Tigs: ken....bagjumper

You see: Spounty

Welcome to Morcraven Marsh

[sidah @ 3]: what is there armor worth 1k

Tigs: bagjumper master ken...return my bag

[PM to masterken20: you will be sorry :DDD]

Welcome to Naralik

[PM to masterken20: you will be posted on outlaws...hope the 17 emeralds are worth it rofl]

You entered the Naralik Catacombs

[PuNa @ 3]: Selling rare books, 500gc each, pm me what books you need, or what type of book and i'll see if i can help.

[HadesAngel @ 3]: buying coal

Tigs: birne

You started to harvest Emerald.

Tigs: masterken just bj'd me....be careful

Too heavy, you are overloaded.

You stopped harvesting.

masterken20: there ga boy

Tigs: too late now...

Tigs: hope the emeralds was worth the grief

Tigs: go for it birne :)

[HadesAngel @ 3]: Trading a pl8 for 5k coal

Tigs: now he's got nothing...and the grief :)

Good for you tigs :) I don't care if bags are returned after threats, bagjumping is theft and thievery is outlaw behavior. Just fyi, same thing happened to me and some guildmates who were making fes in mm sulfur mine...we went for an exchange and lethorn jumps on a bag and stole 30 feast pots. He then called us "noobs" when we asked for them back. After we made it clear his EL life would suffer considerably, he eventually returned them...but like you said, that's not the point. He's a thief and shouldn't be trusted.

Whilst the behaviour does indeed warrant an Outlaw post, i think Tigs you could have been a little nicer in giving them the opportunity to return the bag at the start this MIGHT not have gone this far. I have never and will never bagjump someone but if i step onto a bag and someone starts shouting the way you did at the outset of this, I'd certainly be highly tempted to stay on the bag til it poofed instead!

Most times folks wander by gem bags as there is often unwanted bags of gems from people that only harvest for the hours experience quota, this COULD have been the case here, and if you had taken the trouble of being nice you might have found a nicer responce and an easier return of your emeralds.

Deo however....THAT guy who jumped you needs a good kicking, as theres no way anyone is gonna leave 30 FP around, so its clearly someones valued property.

- PYE

I tend to agree with PYE

If you trat people as you expect to be treated they may very well just return the bag

I myself personally despise bagjumpers as they are cowardly and lazy but a lot of people are just nosy

Maybe if you had asked him nicely he would have just gotten off and apoligised

Just a thought

Whilst the behaviour does indeed warrant an Outlaw post, i think Tigs you could have been a little nicer in giving them the opportunity to return the bag at the start this MIGHT not have gone this far. I have never and will never bagjump someone but if i step onto a bag and someone starts shouting the way you did at the outset of this, I'd certainly be highly tempted to stay on the bag til it poofed instead!

- PYE

HI Pye: You may be right, and normally, I am. But this person watched me tele, watch me head *back* toward my bag and THEN jumped on it and took it. This conversation started at that point.

Tigs

If I see a bag at a mine with stuff in it, then I alwayt take it, because I suppose that someone left it there because s/he doesn't need it. If I see the person tele, that's another thing, I obviously don't get the bag. And it happened to me that in MM silver mine I found a bag with about 20 silver and took it. Then someone came, and said: "Hey, my silver!" I wanted to give him back, but he said he doesn't care about 20 silver. And it also hapened that I saw ore than 200 silver in a bag, and took it to storage. I don't know if anyone needed it or not, noone asked it back. And anyway, if someone leaves a bag alone at his own will (ie. not by tele/dying), then it's not their bag anymore (theoretically it's not your bag if you step off it by any reason, but that's not the point now).

If I see a bag at a mine with stuff in it, then I alwayt take it, because I suppose that someone left it there because s/he doesn't need it. If I see the person tele, that's another thing, I obviously don't get the bag. And it happened to me that in MM silver mine I found a bag with about 20 silver and took it. Then someone came, and said: "Hey, my silver!" I wanted to give him back, but he said he doesn't care about 20 silver. And it also hapened that I saw ore than 200 silver in a bag, and took it to storage. I don't know if anyone needed it or not, noone asked it back. And anyway, if someone leaves a bag alone at his own will (ie. not by tele/dying), then it's not their bag anymore (theoretically it's not your bag if you step off it by any reason, but that's not the point now).

While technically, it is true that it is not theirs anymore...there are reasons that people will purposely leave a bag even if they want what is in it...such as collecting things together in mine area, so they can mix in one place. It is a risk, and in those cases, if someone takes, I usually ask nicely for it back, such as "I left the(stuff in bag) to get (other stuff) so I could mix...could I have back, please?

also, sometimes i just overharvest by accident...and have to leave some things to bring rest to storage and then come back to get the rest.

Also, sometimes people will die and be lucky enough to only lose ore or something...and they are coming back for the bag.

Just an alch/pot/manu point of view

Tigs

As I told you, if you die or tele, that's another case. If you are mixing and want to go to storage, then ask someone to sit on it. Or, mix at storage.

As I said, I would give it back, but if you put a lot of stuff in the bag, then I will just bring them to storage, and you won't have any idea who took it. And others won't know it also, I suppose most miners won't watch the screen carefully while harvesting silver/diamonds/etc. As for me, I usually turn on the console window and chat/read forums/etc.

If there were not so many bagjumpers folks would not assume first thing that person on their bag is a bagjumer. Sad to say but most times they are. Sometimes its hard to be nice about it after it happens often.

Edited by Sweettea

i walk in and saw the bag noone around..was only 17 i took it and then this guy or girl was rude.didnt feel like takeing the time give him or her 17 back..could easy just harvest 17 more..this guy or girl was just trying make trouble

Edited by masterkenbo

not true, masterken....you were there when I tele'd off......

...as can be seen by the first part of my log(immediately getting bag of gold)....

and grabbed it when I started to walk back

People mostly know me, and know I am not generally rude....but it does grate when someone watches you tele off the bag, and then jumps on it when you are 3/4 of the way back.

Tigs

edit: deleted double post .....

Edited by Tigs