Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TAWoody

"Pick-Up Max" Button NEEDS to be implemented

I'm pretty sure we're all annoyed by having to click on 20, then, 5, then 1 to pick up 26 flowers from a bag on the ground that contains 100 flowers. If we only have 26 slots, then we have to do the aforementioned button combination to pick up those items. We need a button implemented that allows us to pick up as many objects as we can hold at that time.

If you agree with the above, post here and SAY SO!

If this isn't making any sense please let me know and I'll try to go over it again.

Thanks!

click on 20, then, 5, then 1 to pick up 26
why not just right-click one of your quantity boxes, backspace to delete it, type in '26', press enter, and use the number you want?

but yes, pick up as much as possible would still be handy

Strange, I thought this had been said before, but I couldn't find it in the search.

I would like to see the current "get all" take (in the order they appear, or abitrarily) from the bag until you can't carry anymore (i.e. Same as parent but for many different items)

Edit:

Hmm... must have misread parent. I thought you meant just "get max" of one item type, but after rereading it, I think you were thinking the same thing as me :)

So, yeah!, I agree

Edited by WiteNoiz

Unless I'm on another wavelength here, if I don't want to be precise about amounts, I just click the highest number (currently set at 500) and all 26 are transferred no problem....

I'm pretty sure we're all annoyed by having to click on 20, then, 5, then 1 to pick up 26 flowers from a bag on the ground that contains 100 flowers. If we only have 26 slots, then we have to do the aforementioned button combination to pick up those items. We need a button implemented that allows us to pick up as many objects as we can hold at that time.

Are you aware you can change the amounts? I have the last number set at 10k so even when I have large amounts, I just choose that option and everything gets picked up/dropped at once.

You right click on the number, it turns red, you backspace it out, (leave your cursor in that box)type in the new amount you want in there, and hit enter. I personally now have 1 30 50 100 780 10000. You can do any combination you like and change it as often as you like.

WiteNoiz: Yes, we're thinking the same thing. :o

Samanex: I'm talking more or less about picking up things from the ground or from my storage. But I'm sure it applies to everytime you move things in and out of our bags. I could click on 500 and click on the 100 flowers, but if I only have 26 slots available, I get an error message saying that I have too much weight already and cannot carry another 100 flowers. It doesn't automatically bring 26 flowers into my bag. That's what I want implemented.

Aislinn: I was NOT aware you could change the amounts. I'll have to try this next time I'm home. But this still creates a small problem if I'm going to be picking up different amounts of items all the time, but don't have enough space in my bag for all of them, then I'm still going to have to switch one of those numbers around to equal the slots I have available. But this changing number thing will help me more than what I'm currently doing.

Aislinn's info on changing numbers should be implemented in the newbie guide or somewhere so more people can get exposure to it.

Any other ideas or thoughts anyone?

Quite peculiar, maybe there's a bug involved here.....

At storage (NC) I clicked my 500 button, clicked on my stored 450 antlers and tried to move them to inventory. When I moved them to my inventory, none were deposited and I got the message "You do not have enough room in your inventory."

Instead of 500, I clicked the 50 button and got the same message, but as many antlers as would fit were deposited even though there were fewer than 50 slots.

I haven't experimented with this before, but it's the first time the transfer did not go through. I've always gotten the message before, but the max my inventory could hold was always deposited.

Now I'm full of ?????????????????????????'s!

Yeah, I have found the same sort of thing with SRs (Though flowers are unstackable, so I don't know why you mentioned that.) It works for numbers like 50, and I think 100 or so, but if I try like 1000, it doesn't work :o:P Maybe if it is more than twice the amount of slots you can carry?