Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Client Crash on Start Up

When I start the client, the bar gets to the end, I see the motd and when I click to get to the login screen, windows comes up with an error that says EL has caused an error in MSVCRT.dll. It does it every time the client opens. It just started doing this today.

I have Windows ME, geForce 2 440 MX, 512 RAM, Athlon 2000+ processor, ask if you need other infomation.

When I start the client, the bar gets to the end, I see the motd and when I click to get to the login screen, windows comes up with an error that says EL has caused an error in MSVCRT.dll. It does it every time the client opens. It just started doing this today.

I have Windows ME, geForce 2 440 MX, 512 RAM, Athlon 2000+ processor, ask if you need other infomation.

It seems unlikely due to EL as nothing has changed recently. Did Windows do an update recently, or did you install anything new??

I don't think I installed anything new. I ran Spybot: S&D to see if it was that was the problem, but it didn't find anything.

assuming this is with the official release (if not, let us know), try with another build (eg, in my siggie) and see if the problem persists

other than that... some data file may have been corrupted, so re-installing EL may help, if one of EL's files has been damaged

another option is that you have auto-update on for windows (which is the default, I beleive) and it changed some system files... hence EL doesn't match up to them anymore

Your client causes an error in the exe file and when I reinstalled I now get an error in NVopengl.dll, but EL doesn't close right and the error won't go away. I can't crtl alt delete to close EL either.

error in NVopengl.dll,
:ph34r: okay, it seems quite likely your system is somewhat messed up, can you run other 3d games fine still? do you have windows auto-update turned on?(it will be unless you remember turning it off)

Wolfenstien still works and I probably do have auto update on. I've found that I can move the error aside and still play the game. I will just do that until I figure out how the fix the problem.