Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rebootedrock

Magic God needs a fix

ok it seems that the magic god has nothing you can buy once you reach a max lv.

i think that there should be items for sale here:

Essences-reduced price essences

Potions-Simply the spirit rest ones

Post to respond to this

i like the idea of reduced essences, maybe the a reduced lvl to wear a magic cape like if you finished all the magic god quests you can wear a mage cape at level 25

Chronicle that is correct all you simply have to do is take ur cape with you get a blessing and put on the magic cape but if you take it off later on you can't put it on and I like the reduced essence price

I think that this idea really should get some attention, after all

buying 100 health essence costs 15,000 gold!!! and making them takes too long and is impractical.

I think that this idea really should get some attention, after all

buying 100 health essence costs 15,000 gold!!! and making them takes too long and is impractical.

15K gold are not worth mentioning once you have aquired a certain lvl in one of the major skills and start earning money. So if you can't afford to pay 15K gold, then you are not there yet and you should start thinking about getting more money.

Ok, i think when youve done all the magic god quests a new potion becomes available to Buyonly, you cant make it, ad you can only buy it from him, Full Spirit restore, it restores all of your ethereal points, thats what i t hink you should get.

This is a bit illogical sam... why would the God of MAGIC give you the ability to create of let you buy a potion? This should be something for a god who is aligned with the Potions-skill, although I haven't read anywhere that such a god is planned, there should be one... One god for each skill.

The god of magic should give you the ability to cast a new spell, or a couple of new powerful spells. Perhaps magic items (armor? weapon? Rings? Medallions? etc.).

Even though a Full-Restoration Potion would be really cool, it belongs into a different category.

well...i do agree...but i'm at lvl 27 magic....and it's insane

Buying 400 matter essences or life essences costs a decent sum...but also MAKING SPIRIT RESTS? 100 per essence at the magic god after u reach last lvl sounds good

I mean...even with the bonus i still dont get crap exp-wise and it takes so long...ESPECIALLY WITH THE LIMIT...

how about...either cheaper essences or the casting rate limit is halved (because i just rmemeberd now the things stay in the manu window)

Kasgoroth i dont know if youve EVER attemted magic in this game but magic takes up ethereal points, and having a full ethereal restore would greatly help a magicion and make it all worth while, ah your magic is leel 16, so you wouldnt know the struggle for higher magicians

sam, I don't need to be LVL-30 in magic to judge about suggestions for the MAGIC-god (not POTION) you make. Even now at LVL-16 I WOULD LOVE to have a Full-restore potion, since I'm using magic all the time (shield spell, remote healing and poison sometimes) and the Spirit-Res potion that give 20EP back we have now, are just not enough. Besides, I assume that we ALL have the same MAX amount of "etherial points" be you lvl-10 or lvl-30.

sidenote: ~ Etherial Points are also used for summoning, not only magic. ~

Gods should give you bonuses that affect the respective skills directly, and for potions I think we need a Potions-god involved in this. One way to implement it would be: if you serve both the potions-god and the magic-god you can make/buy those potions, not implicitly after you've done all the god-quests, but rather as a extra-feature in between. (lets say at rank +5 or so)

or maybe my infamous idea about rings and amulets that when worn lets spells cost less essences. like say you are wearing a ring of 2 death essences, that means that you can now cast poison with only a etheral point cost. you can only get them via the magic god and at nasty prices (150000 pr essence provided or something like that maybe?).

Yeah... I like duran's idea, although this way other ppl who don't serve the god of magic will also be able to get those rings without doing any quests, just by paying money... and most of high-lvl player do have a lot of money. But, on the other hand it's the same as with the tit-armor now, and as far as I can see it works well. Hmm.. perhaps make the first ring of each kind you buy relatively cheap, and increase the cost from that point dramatically, so not everyone can afford to buy more rings to sell them, e.g:

1st ring of Death (2xdeath essences) = cost 20plat

2nd ring of Death (if you have already bought one) = cost 500 plat :shock:

Same for all the other magic items. Well it's just a suggestion, the price for the second ring may also be lower, but think of it... high-lvl players shouldn't have problems paying 500plat for something THAT useful...

I like the idea of an essence ring, that would be excellent. A life essence ring would be really nice for summoning. I think if the rings were implemented that only one ring (or what ever item) could be worn at a time and it would never run out. In summoning for example you wouldn't need any life essences if you wore the "Ring of Life".

I have a new idea, how about the magic god sell vitality levels or some other thing that would give us higher ethereal levels. I really don't like how fast our ethereal levels get too low for a spell or summoning.

nice ideas, but i'd like to point out a flaw in the shop's upward pricing.

Could'nt a high level get a newb, or make another account and buy the first one therefore only paying 40k instead of the higher price?

this could be fixed however if it couldnt be dropped like that quest book.

Now the raising of ethereal points, i think this NEEDS to be done anyway,I have tp go through an odd process in order to get the max pts per pot.

its sorta like this...

75/75

(cast)

62/75

(cast)

57/75

(pot)

77/75

(cast)

52/75

and so on and so on. *

But overall the idea of rings are good, we need to introduce more magic items i think. :)

*using spell of restoration

@rebootedrock: you will be able to buy the rings of course only after a couple of quests and not at the same moment you start serving the god. e.g: So you need to do at least 7 quests (2 quests to get to rank 0, and 5 more for rank 5+) for the god to be able to buy the rings/meds/other magic items. It would be the same as with the tit-mail, i mean 40 or 50plat are still quite a sum, but I know what you mean... something should be implemented to prevent such cheating.

I think I know... it's actually easy. Only players with magic-lvl higher than 15 or 20 will be allowed to buy those magic items. This way you prevent ppl from making newbie characters and giving those characters money so they can buy cheap rings. The cheater problem you've been talking about would be solved.

the magic god guy needs to be moved I say....where he is now is only good for higher lvl fighters. he'll be moved soon.