Eternal Lands Official Forums
Bongo

[patch] Kill Counter

Well, I've just found an easy way to erase the stats.

1. Do something (make any stats)

2. Exit the game (stats saved OK)

3. Run the game, go to the login screen

4. Exit the game without logging

5. Puff... stats gone (size of counters*.dat for my character = 0)

Be advised that I have my name preselected (set in config), so I normally input only the password at logon.

Can someone verify the sequence?

Oh yes this might cause the bug! Since my stats were deleted everytime my client restarted his own after I closed it, so I closed it again without login in, I think the bug is found :P

Be advised that I have my name preselected (set in config), so I normally input only the password at logon.

Looking at the source this certainly seems right. The counters are loaded on login and when they're saved it doesn't check they're initialised first.

I haven't had the time to look into these bugs yet (well, I have, but I always found something better to do), but thanks to Bahrain and Kindar Naar, I see that both bugs can be solved easily. I'll post a patch within the next few days, unless someone beats me to it (please do, I'm tired of this code and want to forget about it).

Edited by Bongo

Looking at the source this certainly seems right. The counters are loaded on login and when they're saved it doesn't check they're initialised first.

Actually this shouldn't happen. When you quit the client before logging in the empty stats get saved to counters_.dat, when you login again it loads counters_<username>.dat, hmmm :/

EDIT: ah, it's because your username is set in your config, checking initialized should fix that :P

Edited by Bharain

I've created a simple patch for the 'counter-reset' issue.

It can be found here . Can somebody please evaluate it and add it into CVS? The counters are very good, but this bug will irritate a lot of people if released in official client.

Edit: typos

Edited by Kindar Naar

Dont know if someone noticed this issue before, if so, just ignore me.

But the water essences appear in both, crafting and alchmemy sections. In crafting I can see:

Water Essence			0				1

In alch I see:

Water Essence			0			 1061

Dont know if someone noticed this issue before, if so, just ignore me.

But the water essences appear in both, crafting and alchmemy sections. In crafting I can see:

Water Essence			0				1

In alch I see:

Water Essence			0			 1061

I had the same thing for Health Essences. With an earlier version essences seem to have been categorized as crafting, in the latest version they are categorized correctly. Now all "early adopters" like us have br0ken counters ... seems like we have to reset them once this feature is finished.

To the kill counters: I guess Monsters and Players can only be distinguished by their name, right? I noticed that female armed orcs are counted as "armed orcs" ... would be nice they could be counted separately. On a different sidenote: I think it would be great if there were separate kill counters for players and monsters, it just looks strange to see player names mixed into monsters, I guess that makes it a mess for PKers with many player names in there.

Cheers,

maj

I'm a little late getting to this, but what about adding to the kill counter the number of times your character was killed and by which animal?

Grizzly:

Session 0

Total 0

Killed You 523

Hope this wasn't brought up earlier, only skimmed the thread :\

Great patch tho.

Cheers.

Edited by Fyvle