Eternal Lands Official Forums
Bongo

[patch] Kill Counter

If your going to work on kill counters, you should also add manu, spell, summon, etc counters.

Having counters just for killing adds more emphasis on killing, having the other counters helps offset that some.

Next a patch to show how many of each item you have made during your lifetime...
Item creation counter was discussed earlier in this thread.

EDIT: Cool Idea: Have a number over in the corner that shows how many harvests you have done this hour: So you know you have 20 harvests with exp left etc. :P

Edited by Atlantis

If your going to work on kill counters, you should also add manu, spell, summon, etc counters.

Next a patch to show how many of each item you have made during your lifetime...

Yep, agreed. I'll work on these when I get the chance. If someone else in the mean time wants to take this patch and modify it, I would be most greatful as I already have quite a todo list.

EDIT: Cool Idea: Have a number over in the corner that shows how many harvests you have done this hour: So you know you have 20 harvests with exp left etc. :)

Hmmmm, that's an interesting concept, but should be done as a seperate patch to those above incase Ent doesn't like it.

Yep, agreed. I'll work on these when I get the chance. If someone else in the mean time wants to take this patch and modify it, I would be most greatful as I already have quite a todo list.

I was planning to add that eventually. I guess I'll do it soon.

The patch is really cool. :icon13:

But, I have a couple of problems from it...

I got these messages:

Bug.jpg

And also, my screen flashes at times.

None of this ever happened prior to my downloading it.

*Sorry if this should have gone in bugs section. This seemed more like where to post*

The patch is really cool. :icon13:

But, I have a couple of problems from it...

I got these messages:

Bug.jpg

And also, my screen flashes at times.

None of this ever happened prior to my downloading it.

*Sorry if this should have gone in bugs section. This seemed more like where to post*

My mistake. I compiled it with the new weather code which isn't ready for general use yet. The flashes are the lightning effect.

Replace the el.exe file with this one.

After i installed your client i can't find console button :s

edit: i have just found the history button

yes, consider that client an update... it has a bunch of the changes coming for the next release :P the changes to the tabs is just one of them

I hope I can get the console button back by changing that option in the config window, because I really miss it now :) History button is too far away to click on :D

You can't get it back, that is an update that was made to the game. Its in CVS afaik

edit: we seem to have plenty of space at the bottom on my resolution, maybe we can have it in both places :)

Edited by Atlantis

I hope I can get the console button back by changing that option in the config window, because I really miss it now :P History button is too far away to click on :)

Talking about it in this thread probably won't make a difference. Start a new topic in the suggestions forum if this really bothers you.

I've updated my windows build. It's exactly the same as the last released client but with my kill counter patch.

Works very nicely, thanks ^_^

Btw, now my console has my custom fonts, is that included in this as well?

No, this build should not have affected your fonts.

I hope I can get the console button back by changing that option in the config window, because I really miss it now :) History button is too far away to click on :)
no, removing that button was part of the idea (this was all public in one of roja's threads; if you didn't like it you should have spoken up long ago.

either that, or it's time to learn to use the keyboard more :P (pressing ` to get the console is a lot quicker than clicking either place)

edit: we seem to have plenty of space at the bottom on my resolution, maybe we can have it in both places :)
and maybe roja has other plans for that bit of screen real-estate... either way, ELC works at down to 640x480 which gets cramped

when the same client logged in a second time (as in, disconnected and reconnected without a restart), I get a debug assert failure on: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

the problem seems to come from the use of free() before a realloc(). changing the free() to a realloc() to 0 bytes removed the warning. that's now done in CVS.

I've also changed the berlios entry to accepted, assigned to torg (who commited the patch), and changed the #ifdef _WIN32 to WINDOWS (windows is set in global.h based on presence of _win32 or _win64 , _win32 likely won't be set for the later case)

I am testing this out right now. And so far so good :)

I've also changed the berlios entry to accepted, assigned to torg (who commited the patch)

Thanks. I tried, but couldn't do that myself. Could you also assign my patch that was committed to me?

and changed the #ifdef _WIN32 to WINDOWS (windows is set in global.h based on presence of _win32 or _win64 , _win32 likely won't be set for the later case)

Ahhh good point. I looked at that and queried it, but didn't think about it too hard. Oops.

9.5 / 10

best patch ever! (my only patch)

A must see!

I'm changing it down to 7/10 but it still rocks.

Why?

It doesn't work for when you kill using magic (which I did on another Arctic Chim).

Edited by MagpieLee

I've also changed the berlios entry to accepted, assigned to torg (who commited the patch)
Thanks. I tried, but couldn't do that myself. Could you also assign my patch that was committed to me?
done, but you should probably bump ent about setting you (and probably drakos7 and n0nane) as developers, as seen in https://developer.berlios.de/project/member...p?group_id=1256

when the same client logged in a second time (as in, disconnected and reconnected without a restart), I get a debug assert failure on: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

the problem seems to come from the use of free() before a realloc(). changing the free() to a realloc() to 0 bytes removed the warning. that's now done in CVS.

Woops. To fix it properly change:

kills = realloc(kills, 0);

to:

for (i = 0; kills[i].name; i++) {
				   free(kills[i].name);
		   }
		   free(kills);
		   kills = NULL;

I've also changed the berlios entry to accepted, assigned to torg (who commited the patch), and changed the #ifdef _WIN32 to WINDOWS (windows is set in global.h based on presence of _win32 or _win64 , _win32 likely won't be set for the later case)

Woops again. There are a lot of checks for _WIN32 that disregard _WIN64. Apparently nobody is compiling the client for 64 bit using visual c++ (mingw headers always define _WIN32).

to:

free(kills[i].name);
		   }
		   free(kills);
		   kills = NULL;

Woops again. There are a lot of checks for _WIN32 that disregard _WIN64. Apparently nobody is compiling the client for 64 bit using visual c++ (mingw headers always define _WIN32).

Part of the problem is that someone went and changed all the WINDOWS checks to _WIN32 because both were in use, when WINDOWS is what should have been used from the start. So ALL the files now need to be checked and converted back for WINDOWS to help prevent future problems.

to:

free(kills[i].name);
		   }
		   free(kills);
		   kills = NULL;

whoops, right

eh... off to fix both :hug:

eh... off to fix both :)
okay, that's now done. _WIN32 appears only once in global.h.

that cleanup was made a seperate function, so that it can also be called in client cleanup (I've been told before that cleanup when the client closes is important for memory leak/etc testing work)