Eternal Lands Official Forums
Bongo

[patch] Kill Counter

Ok, I don't know this problem is based on your patch or on EL client stuff, but bone powder is indicated in manu counter, and I think it's alchemy.

Gah! I forgot about bone powder. Btw, thanks for all your bug reports, Cycloonx, you've been a big help.

It didnt record any of the potions i made yesterday

Did your client crash or disconnect at all? If so, I fixed that already, I just haven't fixed it in my windows build. On a related note, don't use my windows build anymore, use ttlanhil's experimental build instead.

Edit:

Thanks to everyone who reported bugs in this code. I'm sorry there are so many of them. I was a bit hasty in submitting the patch; I should've spent more time testing it. Anyway, keep reporting bugs if you find any, but I'll give it a thorough once-over tomorrow. Then maybe it will be "bug free".

Edited by Bongo

Ok, I don't know this problem is based on your patch or on EL client stuff, but bone powder is indicated in manu counter, and I think it's alchemy.

Gah! I forgot about bone powder. Btw, thanks for all your bug reports, Cycloonx, you've been a big help.

That raises another question ... how will this handle when new things are added to the game without a new client being released?

That raises another question ... how will this handle when new things are added to the game without a new client being released?

Potentially not very well. I didn't hard-code every single item, but my approach was still a bit ugly:

If the item name ends with "Bar" or "Essence", then it's Alchemy.
Else, if it starts with "Polished" or "Ring of", then it's Crafting.
Else, if it ends with "Ring" or "Medallion", then it's also Crafting.
Else, if its starts with "Potion of", then it's Potions.
Else, it's manufacturing.

This works well if the alchemy skill can only be used to make bars and essences, and the crafting skill can only be used to make polished gems, rings and medallions, and the potions skill can only be used to make potions.

I will kill you, bone powder.

1 other thing ive noticed (havnet tryed you client) but the tele to rang spell shows up but dosnt have a name.

Edit: it does it in your client build aswell

Edited by Joshyboy

hmm ... could you same the info and trigger off of the EXP change?

Yes, that would work. I'll do it that way. Thanks, Learner. Sorry, bone powder.

the tele to rang spell shows up but dosnt have a name.

Someone brought this one to my attention earlier. Actually anything after the first spell will show up without a name, and the client will probably crash on exit. I've fixed the patch, but not my build. Use ttlanhil's build. Thanks for reporting it though.

It was a mistake on my part. I changed some things (array bases) that meant I had to change other things. I forgot some of them.

hmm ... could you same the info and trigger off of the EXP change?

Yes, that would work. I'll do it that way. Thanks, Learner. Sorry, bone powder.

Right, done that. The patch is updated. Here's a windows build.

There are no bugs in this version (*crosses fingers*).

Edited by Bongo

Ok, please have a few people test this, then at the end of the week it can be commited to the CVS if there are no problems.

The only thing I've noticed with the (windows) bugfixes-build, is that when I sort on the 'number of items harvested for this session'-column, the entries that still have 0 scroll upward each time the item i'm harvesting gets incremented. The item i'm harvesting stays at the top (or bottom), so that part works :pinch:

It's just a little nuisance but thought I'd mention it.

(I do hope that was a proper and detailed enough description. If not, please tell me.)

The only thing I've noticed with the (windows) bugfixes-build, is that when I sort on the 'number of items harvested for this session'-column, the entries that still have 0 scroll upward each time the item i'm harvesting gets incremented. The item i'm harvesting stays at the top (or bottom), so that part works :confused:

(I do hope that was a proper and detailed enough description. If not, please tell me.)

Thank you, Electric :D. My ignorance is to blame here. I assumed that the windows qsort function behaved similarly to the GNU version (which behaves sanely), but apparently it doesn't. It swaps items of equal value.

I'll fix it tomorrow. I guess I'll be writing a new quick sort function.

The only thing I've noticed with the (windows) bugfixes-build, is that when I sort on the 'number of items harvested for this session'-column, the entries that still have 0 scroll upward each time the item i'm harvesting gets incremented. The item i'm harvesting stays at the top (or bottom), so that part works :P

Thank you, Electric :o. My ignorance is to blame here. I assumed that the windows qsort function behaved similarly to the GNU version (which behaves sanely), but apparently it doesn't. It swaps items of equal value.

I'll fix it tomorrow. I guess I'll be writing a new quick sort function.

Forget that, there was an easier way to fix it.

the developed using c++ thing comes 2 out of 3 times i login

Nobody else who tested my build reported this. It was a CVS build anyway, and somehow I don't think the counters code was to blame.

Ok, please have a few people test this, then at the end of the week it can be commited to the CVS if there are no problems.

Ok, quite a few people have tested it over the last week. Just two little bugs cropped up which have now been fixed.

The first bug involved column sorting; items of equal value would get moved around. This was due to the way some implementations of qsort behave.

The second was a harvesting bug. When a rare stone was found without space to carry it, the harvest counter would be erroneously decremented.

Hi,

I think void on_actor_killed(actor *a) function in kills.c is missing #ifdef COUNTERS lines. I cannot compile this file without COUNTERS set.

.\kills.c(235) : error C2039: 'async_fighting' : is not a member of 'actor'
	e:\cpp\elc\actors.h(310) : see declaration of 'actor'

Edit : Also char *strip_actor_name(char *actor_name) is defined in kills.c and counters.c which generates a linker error

Edited by Kindar Naar

I think void on_actor_killed(actor *a) function in kills.c is missing #ifdef COUNTERS lines. I cannot compile this file without COUNTERS set.

Kills.c is the old patch. Its functionality is covered in counters.c. This is the patch that is now in CVS.

Edit : Also char *strip_actor_name(char *actor_name) is defined in kills.c and counters.c which generates a linker error

Seeing as kills.c should be removed from your makefile (and has been for all makefiles in CVS), it should only error on counters.c, which I'm investigating now.

Kills.c is the old patch. Its functionality is covered in counters.c. This is the patch that is now in CVS.

Thanks! ;) Seeing that the kills.c have not been removed from CVS I tried to compile it along with counters.c. That was the sourcse of all problems (compile & link). Will kills.c/.h be removed from CVS?

Once I removed kills.c/.h from project, it built clean with COUNTERS... but without that define I still get a compile error:

.\actors.c(839) : error C2039: 'async_fighting' : is not a member of 'actor'
	e:\cpp\elc\actors.h(310) : see declaration of 'actor'

EDIT : I get it to work. Update did not retrive the latest version of actor.c but still said eveything is synchronized :dry:

Edited by Kindar Naar

Will kills.c/.h be removed from CVS?

Yes. It just was.

EDIT : I get it to work. Update did not retrive the latest version of actor.c but still said eveything is synchronized :confused:

Oops.

Will kills.c/.h be removed from CVS?

Yes. It just was.

Sorry, I forgot to do that after doing a cvs update.

Why is this patch no longer in CVS?

o.O

Do you mean why can't you find it in the list? That would be because its been accepting, merged and committed. It is no-longer a patch, but part of the CVS code. If you are meaning something else then I've no idea what you are talking about.

Why is this patch no longer in CVS?

o.O

Do you mean why can't you find it in the list? That would be because its been accepting, merged and committed. It is no-longer a patch, but part of the CVS code. If you are meaning something else then I've no idea what you are talking about.

when kills.c/h weas changed to counters.c/h there was a new #define; COUNTERS

so now its like it should be again :-)