Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jakoblin

WOW player is sued for makind and selling a wow book

Probably, as EL is free, so all guides to the game should be as well. Why would he allow you to get a paycheck from a game he created. All games are copywrited just as WOW is. And using their terms and slogans is subject to copywrite infringment if used elsewhere. This is why Roja and Ent strongly advise all donations to the game (such as music, monsters, etc.) are original works and not taken from other games.

If you really want to do this. And I mean "you" as in anyone. The easiest way to go about it would be to ask for a permission from the game owner.

In general, the creation of fan sites and "guides" helps promoting the game. What would be fair to ask is to not disclose secrets and other fun in-game things (like quests) as it would seriously spoil the gaming fun for potential players.

Edited by Derin

I just want to ask one thing - certainly, someone may find a "yes" answer, but is there reallly any revolutionary strategies to gameplay to be found in the current incarnation of EL, that aren't already on someone's fansite?

I just want to ask one thing - certainly, someone may find a "yes" answer, but is there reallly any revolutionary strategies to gameplay to be found in the current incarnation of EL, that aren't already on someone's fansite?

I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question, but you know what I would say. :devlish:

Guest stalag
would ent sue us players if a player made a el guide book and was selling it ?

prolly he couldn't afford it :P

serious now...i think would be great that someone did that, i mean, this game needs much more players to keep it alive and in good health so can't think why not.

Nevertheless, like derin already said, asking his and roja permission seems the right way to go.

I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question, but you know what I would say. :)

Yes - you pretty much just shot down my rhetorical question, and you didn't even answer.

Alright, change "to be found" to "already known" in my first question, then answer. :omg:

I couldn't care less if someone made and sold an UNOFFICIAL EL guide on eBay.

So long as they don't claim it is official, whatever.