Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gom

wiseguy3 and deceneu: potential scammers

Guest Gom

about 30 minutes ago, someone named "wiseguy3" PMed me asking if i was coming along to tirnym with him and his buddy sinclair94, supposedly to "scout the land and have a nice stroll". he also told me it wouldn't be dangerous since he was weaker than i am anyway, which is correct, and stated that nobody else ever went to tirnym (which is, of course, not correct). well, i thought that sounded a bit suspicious, but after talking to several more experienced members of my guild i decided to play along and go there with an empty inventory just to see what happens. surprise, two seconds after i entered the map i was attacked by a high level player named deceneu and killed.

this could of course just be coincidence - i highly doubt that, though. i think wiseguy3 / deceneu wanted to trick me into going into that map with some valuable items they could steal. to put it differently:

i think wiseguy3 and deceneu are scammers.

here's the chatlog of my conversation with wiseguy3 as a reference:

[PM from Wiseguy3: you coming on our adventure to tirnym?]

[PM to Wiseguy3: what adventure ? :blush:]

[PM from Wiseguy3: well, me and sinclair94 are going to tirnym]

[PM from Wiseguy3: you coming?]

[PM from Wiseguy3: It'll be fun!]

[PM to Wiseguy3: that's a PK map]

[PM from Wiseguy3: no one ever goes there though]

[PM from Wiseguy3: Just us :omg:]

[PM from Wiseguy3: you're bette rthan me anyway]

[PM from Wiseguy3: my a/d is 15/15]

[PM to Wiseguy3: ok maybe i'll come along, what are we going to do once we get there ?]

[PM from Wiseguy3: Scouting the land, having a nice stroll lol]

[PM to Wiseguy3: ok i'm coming, you meeting anywhere ?]

[PM from Wiseguy3: the entrance to tirnym]

You have died and gone to the Underworld!

[PM from Wiseguy3: big meany there :(]

[PM from Wiseguy3: luscky you were naked :)]

[PM from Wiseguy3: lol]

It all started with a fellow guild member of mine gom asking in guild channel if it seemed odd that 2 weak newbie chars were asking him to go to tirnym a pk map for a stroll (lol a stroll) i told gom id come along and he said he would go to tirnym naked and see what happens.

a minute or two later as im nearing tirnym gom says in guild channel that as he entered tirnym a guy called deceneu killed him. I continue on to tirym and less than a minute after gom said he died im at the gate to tirym and see 2 guys sinclair94 and wiseguy3 (both very newbie chars to go in pk).

I ignore them and head into tirnym hoping to find deceneu still there, as i enter right next to the gate deceneu has killed another newbie char called general_garisn. At this point im not sure if i attacked him or he attacked me but either way it doesnt matter i easily pked deceneu and took his db outside. Waiting outside are wiseguy3, sinclair94 and lostsole.

Wiseguy asks am i really strong, i think he is half shocked that deceneu was killed and i warn lostsole of what has happened since he is a friend. Lostsole says wiseguy3 told him to come for an adventure in tirnym too. After this wiseguy goes into tirnym and i follow he looks for db's but leaves as soon as i enter.

I go outside and after a few minutes catching up with lostsole both sinclair and wiseguy leave.

This is a screenie of me pwning the noob deceneu he didnt even try to heal or dis i think he has nothing on him to heal he dropped no he,sr or br.

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/553/scamming0fe.jpg

After speaking to general_garisn he explained how he was asked along for an adventure by wiseguy

well take this as a warning dont go into pk with newbie chars who only want to go for a stroll :blush: lol that is still funny.

dont trust deceneu, wiseguy3 or sinclair94 they are all scammers.

I am confused

Wouldn't luring a newbie character into PK be a direct violation of EL Rules?

Is this guy set to be banned ?

Also has anyone thought that deceneu and wiseguy3 are quite possibly the same person with a newbie alt?

Let god sort em out!

Personally this whole scenario disgusts me

Edited by General Garisn

Phew glad i avoided being in trouble here, i kicked decneu outta my guild the day before this happened cos he never came on :)

great now thta Ive posted its right at the top of the list again :hug:

about 30 minutes ago, someone named "wiseguy3" PMed me asking if i was coming along to tirnym with him and his buddy sinclair94, supposedly to "scout the land and have a nice stroll". he also told me it wouldn't be dangerous since he was weaker than i am anyway, which is correct, and stated that nobody else ever went to tirnym (which is, of course, not correct). well, i thought that sounded a bit suspicious, but after talking to several more experienced members of my guild i decided to play along and go there with an empty inventory just to see what happens. surprise, two seconds after i entered the map i was attacked by a high level player named deceneu and killed.

this could of course just be coincidence - i highly doubt that, though. i think wiseguy3 / deceneu wanted to trick me into going into that map with some valuable items they could steal. to put it differently:

i think wiseguy3 and deceneu are scammers.

here's the chatlog of my conversation with wiseguy3 as a reference:

[PM from Wiseguy3: you coming on our adventure to tirnym?]

[PM to Wiseguy3: what adventure ? :)]

[PM from Wiseguy3: well, me and sinclair94 are going to tirnym]

[PM from Wiseguy3: you coming?]

[PM from Wiseguy3: It'll be fun!]

[PM to Wiseguy3: that's a PK map]

[PM from Wiseguy3: no one ever goes there though]

[PM from Wiseguy3: Just us :)]

[PM from Wiseguy3: you're bette rthan me anyway]

[PM from Wiseguy3: my a/d is 15/15]

[PM to Wiseguy3: ok maybe i'll come along, what are we going to do once we get there ?]

[PM from Wiseguy3: Scouting the land, having a nice stroll lol]

[PM to Wiseguy3: ok i'm coming, you meeting anywhere ?]

[PM from Wiseguy3: the entrance to tirnym]

You have died and gone to the Underworld!

[PM from Wiseguy3: big meany there :(]

[PM from Wiseguy3: luscky you were naked :)]

[PM from Wiseguy3: lol]

:lipssealed::hug::):omg:

Noobish scammer :/

This is what really happened i was training in tirnym, The first i heard about this was when some newb comes in i thought he was looking for bags so i kill him, Then in comes a high lvl player and attacks me, i die obviously as im coming back i see wiseguy3 lined up with 2 more noob most probably thinking im still in there. so i pm sinclair94 i said Where you involved in this! he says involved in what? then i said Go back to sleep. he pm's me with ?. so i try wiseguy and he says :) you bad bad man!

Later on i come on the forums find out he has set me up as the bad guy.