Eternal Lands Official Forums
Brasero

New Fonts for EL

I m making some new fonts for EL

You can find them on my homepage.

Dont forget to save your old fonts.

http://www.armuco.ch/ablog/

Have updated font6a.bmp spacing should be ok now and missing chars have been added

Edited by Brasero

I m making some new fonts for EL

Very cool. They look awesome on the page (haven't seen them in game yet). Nice work.

The original fontv.bmp that was built to be clean and simple just needs the non-ascii at the end fixed. The person that did the first version didn't worry about trying to put the right characters there.

This fontv.bmp was also tuned to reduce the ailiasing effect and optimized more for being used as a smaller font, but it very hard to read on light background.

If someone feels like fixing the non-ascii in the same simple style, that would be handy.

ahh..the mystery of the fontv.bmp error. Does this file come from the actual library? I mean like it came by default with the programming stuff you used in the code to add fonts?

ahh..the mystery of the fontv.bmp error. Does this file come from the actual library? I mean like it came by default with the programming stuff you used in the code to add fonts?

FontV.bmp, the font used for initial testing of variable width fonts. There is also a font width table built in to match it as well. But, that system needs to be extended to be able to load in different width tables as well.

Guest stalag

Yeah..someone should extend support to ISO 8859-1 (latin-1) cuz it sucks written always badly our own language; like à ã is missing .

Edited by stalag

I stil would like to see truetype font support (perhaps using SDL_ttf). Then more languages could be supported and people could choose their own fonts. Perhaps I will pick this up again when I am done with the spells interface.

I stil would like to see truetype font support (perhaps using SDL_ttf). Then more languages could be supported and people could choose their own fonts. Perhaps I will pick this up again when I am done with the spells interface.

There are not only TrueType fonts, but also OpenType, FreeType, Type 1. Don't forget us Linux (and Mac, BSD,...) users.

There are not only TrueType fonts, but also OpenType, FreeType, Type 1. Don't forget us Linux (and Mac, BSD,...) users.

And I am a linux user, but I think TTF is going to be our best bet as it is supported across all 3 major systems (win/mac/*nix). There is no way I am going to code up for more than one. Not worth the time, especially when the SDL_ttf library exists already, and there are so many free TTF fonts that support other languages.

Yeah..someone should extend support to ISO 8859-1 (latin-1) cuz it sucks written always badly our own language; like à ã is missing .

For me it sucks more that the some chars from ISO 8859-2 are not supported...

Anyway, Entropy posted somwhere that it is not possible to support these (non-latin-1) characters with the current server code...

Ok first off I really like these fonts and would like you to fix them up some so they can be included in the download. Here are a few things I noticed:

font5

-Fix the registration on some letters. For instance, the y is a little too far to the left, I think the s might be too..there are others so look for them and fix them. Try to make them all in the center no matter what letters are around them. Make sure no letters are cut off too.

font6

-Fix the registration again.

-the @ is chopped off, too far to the left

-the # looks like an f. Now, that might be how the font is, but we can have it look like that so you must make it a # sign.

-The right side of the W is cut off

font7

-Fix registration

-@, % B, M, Q, R, W are cut off to the right