Eternal Lands Official Forums
Rei

Is it a mere Coincedence

I woner if the power outages EL has been expierencing has anything to do with all the rioting going on in France right now? It is an odd coincidence that EL is expierencing power outages at the same time as rioting is worsening in France...Does anyone know if this is the reason for the outages or is it some other reason? Just curious to know. :omg:

I woner if the power outages EL has been expierencing has anything to do with all the rioting going on in France right now?

People are rioting because the server is down and they can't play EL :omg:

riots ? :omg:

damn ! i should park my car somewhere else, then ! :(

to be honest, there's no such things happening here. some people will walk down the streets tomorrow, some idiots will join them to break everything they'll be able to find, policemen will charge them...

only thing is that public transports are on strike, only 1/2 of them working.

but except from that, nothing. power downs were in fact reserved to minister's homes in the past. so far never to games servers. :D

edit : also on strike : teachers, piblic administrations, virgin megastores (i'm not joking ! :P ), and almost everything else... good thing i'm only 10 mins of walk away from where i'll have to be tomorrow.

Edited by cayuga

I'm an American who lives in France and personally I'm disgusted about these yet again organized riots by bored French youths and even more disgusted now because my own son has been lured to participate but of course I said "no smeging way" (I just hope he listens). The French shouldn't be shocked over their youth's need to protest since France is the land of protests, riots and strikes where everyone and everything wants to strike over the tiniest little unimportant issue. Yes, its bad now.. its not as Caya says.. just some few peaceful kids walking down the street. Its been violent and kids have been arrested and its not over yet.

If they didn't strike about this new labour law, they would find another reason to satisfy their power hungry needs to riot and take control of this nation. Yes, I'm pissed!!!!!!!

I'm even more pissed that these ADULTS who have organized this mass rioting is manipulating the youth like some wicked game of political chess advocating anarchy and I'm worried for my son who has this flame of adventure and excitement burning in his young eyes. I want to protect him from this crap. Its not his fight nor mine and its not even worth fighting over. As far as I'm concerned they should just arrest them all and clear the streets of this unwanted unrest before more damage is done.

Edited by Savyl

I think it's better to protest rather than just say nothing. It's the duty of the people to protest laws they think are unfair! What pisses me off about the US is that there are very few protests here.

Of course, I disagree with the violent protests, I think people should do so in peaceful ways.

I think it's better to protest rather than just say nothing. It's the duty of the people to protest laws they think are unfair! What pisses me off about the US is that there are very few protests here.

Of course, I disagree with the violent protests, I think people should do so in peaceful ways.

I don't mean to sound selfish but all I care about now is protecting my son from these negative influences which want to exploit him and his friends simply because they are an impressionable youth.

Most of these adults who organized the protest are doing nothing more than using these kids to suit their agenda. Of course the kids in their teen years and early twenties are blinded and misguded by their passion.

What they are protesting is the new labour law in France which makes it easier to hire 25 and under and also just as easy to fire them without going through all of the civil rights red tape. Yes, perhaps the law isn't exactly fair and maybe its not a good solution to the unemployment problem in France for the over quasi-adult population but this rioting and protesting has gotten out of control and needs to be stopped.

Right now I'm a nervous wreck wondering if my son will come home this weekend from school or go to Paris to participate in this smeging protest. I'm terrified something bad will happen. There is nothing that I can do.

Yes, some protests are good to have but should be more peaceful and organized not like what is going on in France right now. Its the worst protest in France since 1968. I honestly don't see it improving unless they take some non violent drastic measures now.. meaning the government.

the government makes laws to make the country better so riotting seems dumb xd

Sometimes the government is wrong but violent protests aren't the solutions either.

EDIT: I just spoke to my teenager son and he's assured me he is coming home and not to Paris.. yay :blink:

Edited by Savyl

IMHO the french are one of the last upright people in the "civilised" world, and their tradition of speaking up is a major factor in all the cultural achievements we all benefit from.

Violence is NOT the way to go tho, i agree with you there 100%.

Protests on the other hand are the only way the "little" people have to get some attention, and as long as they are peaceful, the right way too.

IMHO the french are one of the last upright people in the "civilised" world, and their tradition of speaking up is a major factor in all the cultural achievements we all benefit from.

Violence is NOT the way to go tho, i agree with you there 100%.

Protests on the other hand are the only way the "little" people have to get some attention, and as long as they are peaceful, the right way too.

I guess since I live here I will respectfully disagree with you. I believe in protests 100% for the right cause but they protest for nearly everything and nearly all the time but this current one is the worst yet. I don't see them as one of the last upright people in the civilised world either because its innate within the human spirit to fight for what one believes in.

I don't have a high regard for the French right now because I've lived this life with their hatred of Americans and their arrogance, etc. This protest may just send me back home to the USA.

Once my son was even hospitalized because of some French kids attacking him. It was bad and he was there for nearly 3 weeks. I know this can and does happen all over the world but right now the French have left a bad taste in my mouth so please forgive me if I'm somewhat pessimistic.

Violence is fully a part of French history, and I'm not surprised at all that they've turned to it again in this day and age. Shall we set up a "Committee of Public Safety" again?*

In my opinion, I don't see the purpose of this particular law. What exactly does it solve? Why discriminate against those under the age of 25, which also happen to include many immigrants since they tend to be younger? I'm afraid I don't know much about French politics to understand this law, forgive my American ignorance :blink:

*The Committee of Public Safety was set up in 1793 by Robespierre and the Jacobins to "protect the Revolution" that had taken place in 1789. The Great Terror ensued as a result, and up to 40,000 people were accused of anti-revolutionary activity and executed, including Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette. As one can see, when a government sets up a committee of safety, there is no safety.

Dont the french had quite a few social problems? I have heard about many of the problems they face. The goverment also never listens to the public, there was a 60% for no in this new law and yet they wont withdraw it.

So I say go ahead and protest. But do it peacefully. Why harm innocent people and cost people(taxes) money trying to fix this mess.

Edited by sparhawk

99,9% of people do protest peacefully... trust me, 0,1% is way enough to create problems.

i actually met some of them in an underground station... since they were chased by "crs" (sort of riot policemen), i had to step off the way damn quick ! lol

I think it's better to protest rather than just say nothing. It's the duty of the people to protest laws they think are unfair! What pisses me off about the US is that there are very few protests here. (...)

well, part of the problem here is that people usually start to protest before thinking, just out of habbit, somehow. ^_^

i don't really care about the thing that make people protest actually, but i can say for sure that the majority of them never read the law they are fighting... as often in "civilized" countries, they blindly believe what's said on tv. :dry:

Yay, for Ghandi! need another one of them, eh? :)

I can see why you are having second thoughts on it if it is a coincedence.

I guess I should start reading these forums more often. I didn't even know about the rioting.

Hasn't france always had problems like that? i remember studying something in school that a long time ago, like in the colonial days, there was some rioting going on. Just curious :omg:

-kat

I suppose they're all good points, but where's pacman when you need him?