Eternal Lands Official Forums
Puntif

ingredients needed for new teleport rings

Have you read my post as well Rend? Like I tried to say: for levelling the old rings are faster for levelling, because you need a lot less time getting the ingredients together. For me personally the profit side is the least of my concerns, it's about an - in my opinion - (un)balance in the game. And very true, it's possible the same goes for manufacturing items... but I'm no manufacturer, and I don't think there have been manufacturable formulas added since I've been playing.

And Ghrae: could you include the costs of - at least - the sanding papers and food costs (FPs) in your calculations as well?

(btw, with my original post I assumed the costs at npc were now 150 for selling and 300 for buying, as stated by Ent in a post on his weblog - turns out they're 175 and 350 which I didn't know)

And Ghrae: could you include the costs of - at least - the sanding papers and food costs (FPs) in your calculations as well?

Add 20gc to each base cost for polishing sapphires.

I don't include the cost of Feasting Potions for 2 main reasons:

1 - It's about the same as medallions & Diss/Dmg rings. So when comparing these two they cancel each other out.

2- Because I haven't seen the cost of anything sold on market based on the cost of Feasting Pots. People consider it a cost of doing business it seems and eat the cost.

Regardless of how you cut it... you CAN sell these rings to the NPC. You can't with C1 Rings. I find it hard to believe the amount of damage / disengage rings made by crafters is equal to that needed by other players. Which means crafters make with no way to recoup any of their costs.

You can recoup C2 ring costs.

Are the new rings perfect? No. But the pluses outweigh the negatives at this time. And what is perfect in the game? *looks under several rocks* Nothing that I've seen yet.

Because I haven't seen the cost of anything sold on market based on the cost of Feasting Pots. People consider it a cost of doing business it seems and eat the cost.

Well health essences were 4-5gc before fp, now they are 6-7gc because of fp cost :)

Health essences aren't the only ones that seem to have gone up in price due to the FP cost - I think only FE and maybe WE prices were unaffected.

While the full cost of FP per essence hasn't been added in, that's only because of the need to be competitive...

While the full cost of FP per essence hasn't been added in, that's only because of the need to be competitive...
really? say a feasting potion costs 12gc (freight :mace: ), HE takes 8 food, so you can have 5-6 HE per potion, that's another 2gc or so.

that's how much the price went up by (well, a bit more at first because people wanted more for their time in getting the potions, but it settled)

Rings haven't been affected by Feasting Pots. They are the same price as before.

Scratch that, they have LOST value since the cool down.

Manu? Pretty much same cost

Potions? BRs, SRs same costs

So a couple of essences went up. Still, the vast majority of items haven't changed.

Same? It's still dropping. 5K for a serp, it's a joke. But it has nothing to do with cooldown, because the price of high level armor is mostly determined by the price of EFE. The main point of F here is bars, but that's only a few gc/bar, if it changed, and that's not much compared to EFE cost falling form >5K to 2.5-3K.

Btw., as EL is a free economy, the prices are mainly affected by demand and supply (except that some items have minimum/maximum prices due to NPCs). And cooldown neither increased demand, nor decreased supply. Because there are no monopolies which prevent overproduction in order to raise prices and maximize profit, each person has the maximum profit if they produce the maximum amount of stuff. So if you can't sell the FE for 4 gc, you make more FE, and the price will fall (it has already reached the minimum of 3 gc). It's about the same for anything that doesn't require rare materials. For products which need rare materials such as EFE, it doesn't always worth to make more, because the price of EFE won't fall just because you make more serps. But as people make more FE, more EFEs flood the market, and it's price falls. So manuers make more serps, but the demand won't increase for them, so they will have to lower their price too.

So manuers make more serps, but the demand won't increase for them, so they will have to lower their price too.

Dropping the price of something like serps doesn't increase the number sold so the price might as well stay up.

So manuers make more serps, but the demand won't increase for them, so they will have to lower their price too.

Dropping the price of something like serps doesn't increase the number sold so the price might as well stay up.

I disagree. Dropping the price of anything storable will increase consumption, if only for the purpose of hoarding!

I can't think of anything storable in EL atm, where demand is inelastic. Like someone said, the price of things like serps will always be limited by the price of EFE. I, for one, don't even have the nexus for a serp. However, I bought two, one for a quest, and one for the future, simply because I was able to negotiate a price of 9k for both. They can probably be had for less now. At that time, EFEs were 3k minimum, if you got them off a guild-mate.

Anyone saw the latest additions of rings? They are easy to make and worth less than 175gc, so selling to npc gives you an enormous profit. Maybe the price of those rings can be dropped? I'm not a fan of getting no profit, but i'm also not a fan of getting too much profit.

I've seen it. That is the way ALL the rings should be. Of course with adjustment of prices. Lower level rings require approx. 30 essences in total, it takes ages to prepare just ingredinents for 10 rings. But we are ALL beta testers, so nobody would of should really complaing, just suggest an improvement...