Eternal Lands Official Forums
Puntif

ingredients needed for new teleport rings

Looking at the formulas for the new teleport rings I have trouble imagining that people will buy them at or above cost. Does anyone think there will be a market?

Ring of Anitora

Items needed:

2 Polished Rubys @ 13-16(raw=1-2 + sandpaper=10 + WE=2-4) = 26-32

1 Silver Ring @ 59-79(2xsilver bar@25-35 + 3xFE@3)

1 Polished Sapphire @ 13-16(raw=1-2 + sandpaper=10 + WE=2-4) = 13-16

15 Magic Essences @ 3-7 = 45-105

14 Energy Essences @ 3-6 = 42-84

total = 185-316

Ring of Idaloran

Items needed:

2 Gold Coins @ 1 = 2

1 Gold Ring @ 69-79(2xgold bar@30-35 + 3xFE@3)

12 Magic Essences @ 3-7 = 36-84

total=149-249

Ring of Bethel

Items needed:

1 Polished Ruby @ 13-16

1 Silver Ring @ 59-79

1 Polished Sapphire @ 13-16

total=172-300

Ring of Sedicolis

Items needed:

1 Polished Sapphire @ 13-16

1 Gold Ring @ 69-79

12 Energy Essences @ 3-6 = 36-72

total=163-272

Ring of Palon Vertas

Items needed:

1 Gold Bar @ 30-35

1 Silver Ring @ 59-79

30 Magic Essences @ 3-7 = 90-210

8 Energy Essences @ 3-6 = 24-48

total=203-372

Ring of Kusamura

Items needed:

1 Silver Bar @ 25-35

1 Gold Ring @ 69-79

25 Magic Essences @ 3-7 = 75-175

9 Energy Essences @ 3-6 = 27-54

total=196-343

Ring of Egratia

Items needed:

3 Polished Emeralds @ 13-16 = 39-48

1 Silver Ring @ 59-79

25 Magic Essences @ 3-7 = 75-175

8 Energy Essences @ 3-6 = 24-48

total=197-350

Ring of Iscarlith

Items needed:

3 Polished Sapphires @ 13-16 = 39-48

1 Gold Ring @ 69-79

22 Magic Essences @ 3-7 = 66-154

7 Energy Essences @ 3-6 = 21-42

3 Rubys @ 1-2 = 3-6

total=198-329

Ring of Irinveron

Items needed:

3 Polished Sapphires @ 13-16 = 39-48

1 Gold Ring @ 69-79

20 Magic Essences @ 3-7 = 60-140

7 Energy Essences @ 3-6 = 21-42

3 Rubys @ 1-2 = 3-6

total=192-315

Is the demand for single-use teleport rings going to support making these items?

Looking at the formulas for the new teleport rings I have trouble imagining that people will buy them at or above cost. Does anyone think there will be a market?

<snip>

Is the demand for single-use teleport rings going to support making these items?

What is the cost of them now from NPC's, and are people buying them?

IMO if the charge for changing continents stayed at 1000 GC then the rings would be worthwhile. I've no idea why it changed, it was a valuable and accurate amount. How hard is it to make 1k?

IMO if the charge for changing continents stayed at 1000 GC then the rings would be worthwhile. I've no idea why it changed, it was a valuable and accurate amount. How hard is it to make 1k?

Entropy thought he should drop it to 100gc and I wasn't able to convince him to leave it at 1kgc

i dont know why you even make it for free, as you might be interested having ppl playing on 2nd continent !?

rings at NPC are around 400gc

Entropy thought he should drop it to 100gc and I wasn't able to convince him to leave it at 1kgc

I only think these rings would be used and sellable in the current market if this fee; or others to the similar function, were added.

The ingreds needed for the rings are too pricy anyway, look at the ring of irinveron, that map is very easy to reach, and it is the most expensive of all rings. There will never be a market for such rings :evilgrin:

For the 100 gc cost of travel: noone would play if it cost 1000. C2 is empty anyway. And isnce mining there doesn't worth there and there are so few storages, the only reason for go there is more monster spawns and safer pvp. That doesn't worth 1000 gc. But the rings should obviously cost more than 100. About 200-250 is reasonable.

For the 100 gc cost of travel: noone would play if it cost 1000. C2 is empty anyway. And isnce mining there doesn't worth there and there are so few storages, the only reason for go there is more monster spawns and safer pvp. That doesn't worth 1000 gc. But the rings should obviously cost more than 100. About 200-250 is reasonable.

Irillion isn't always going to be this way. Most of the npc's aren't in yet but they are coming soon. Also you have to remember it is still being developed. The reason people don't go wasn't the 1k cost, it's because right now it isn't a finished continent. You have to remember that things take time to make and code.

I agree the cost should go back to 1k. The rings won't get bought as it stands now.

Yeah those rings are a little pricey. I travel around c2 quite a bit, only come to c1 to trade and pk :evilgrin:. Portal room is a just a much cheaper alternative to these rings.

besides it is 250 / 2500 gc for antisocial ppl, and 2500 really is big money if you have to earn your cash on fluffy-rabbit...

Just sell 1k titanium ore, and you're set! :confused:

I liked the 1k price more as well. It's too easy to get to Irillion now. Before, when I went, I would stay a lot longer. Now, it's easy to just hop back and forth, especially if we have rings. Once the NPC infrastructure is there, more people will go there even if the price goes up.

besides it is 250 / 2500 gc for antisocial ppl, and 2500 really is big money if you have to earn your cash on fluffy-rabbit...

Just sell 1k titanium ore, and you're set! :confused:

I liked the 1k price more as well. It's too easy to get to Irillion now. Before, when I went, I would stay a lot longer. Now, it's easy to just hop back and forth, especially if we have rings. Once the NPC infrastructure is there, more people will go there even if the price goes up.

there are barely fighters having more than inorg 2

well most have 0 or 1, more is waste of p/c :/

Guest stalag
Just sell 1k titanium ore, and you're set! biggrin.gif

fighters dont waste pp in harvesting skill....thats for the rest.... :confused:

Thats why he is the god... :(

100gc is a fair price.

The reason people don't go wasn't the 1k cost, it's because right now it isn't a finished continent

we will see... clients are a real mistery...if people go or not after it's finished thats a question no one can answer...only time.

A lot of people are actually willing to pay 500gc for a C2 ring right now. I do not see the cost of making the rings to be prohibative.

Once you have portals room, the rings are emu/inv slots savers.

Also, as the number of contests increases, so will ring consumption.

The real problem is - will these rings have unlimited sell-back - cause if not, production/ingredients costs aren't the problem, it's the fact that people can't exp on them, so they'll have to spam other rings that may or may not sell and factor these into the costs of these rings.

The fee should really be higher to 'protect the innocent', but then again, then there shouldn't be bots selling the rings.

*bump*

I just made a few of each new ring on normal server now and they all work well (except for Idaloran ring because coins can't be put in manu window yet, but I guess that's known).

I'm just wondering if there's any chance these formulas will get adjusted more later if needed? Especially with the lowered NPC prices the necessary ingredients really seem to make it hard to make these on a bit higher scale. I was hoping to be able to offer some on market today, but after using up almost all my prepared essences I think I'll stick to making them for own use only for now :)

The calculations that Puntif made are quite low in my opinion, since common market price for magic essences is 7-8 gc usually instead of 3-7. Energy essences aren't much less as far as I know. This makes that even for the cheapest ring the cost of the ingredients is more than the price Ringer *sells* them for if he's lowered his prices.

After almost 40 levels of making disrings (well, with blessing anyway) I'm happy to be able to make something new, but would it be possible to lower the amount of essences needed a bit to make it worth to make them?

I go with Mo,

As top crafter I cant let this unsaid

I dont mind that the ingreds are this expensive but now the NPC prizes are reduced it will be very hard to get a market for c2 rings.

I made a few new rings too and worked pretty well, but I dont gonna make them on regular basis, maybe a few for my guild only but I cant use them to level or to make a living (I know there will be schools for leveling in the future but still..).

If the NPC wasnt that 'cheap' I (and alot more crafters, im sure) would make them and there would be a great marked for it.

Van_binsbergen

I must agree with both of the above posters.

My understanding is that the forumulas were define (in part) to force their cost, and therefore their value, so it would be consistent with the NPC prices. If the NPC costs has been reduced, the required ingredients should also be reduced to make them competative in value.

Even with that change, I'm not sure the new rings will have much value or market. I'll make a few for my own use (and for guild mates who bring ingredients), but I doubt they'll sell on the open market for what they cost to make.

I also must agree that amount of ingredients are bit exaggerated. If I ever make these rings, it will be for guildmates only. These rings would be sellable, if NPC prices were greater and also fee for transport at gnome (lets say 250gc instead of 100gc). But I am grateful that these rings even exist.

I would like to speak up in support of the four preceding posts (molime, van binsbergen, bkc56, thordinelement), I will not repeat what they said but add some additional points.

I am not so worried about prices, noncrafting players do not seem to appreciate the amount of work that is necessary to craft and pay accordingly anyways.

My point is, that the recipes differ greatly from C1 teleportring recipes in their use of magic and energy essences while serving the same purpose, that is to teleport. Now one could argue that the C2 rings are intercontinental and thus need the essences to give them that extra magic, but so are the C1 rings now too.

Ok, don't hit me now: I think the C1 ring recipes should be altered to include a few magic and possibly energy essences also, to make the C2 recipes consistent with C1 recipes without making them too cheap or easy. C2 rings could require more than the C1 rings of each essence (but hopefully not quite as much as now :ph34r: ) with the possible explanation of a sligthly different magic field on C2 or the need to bind more ingredients (gems et cetera) together.

Thanks for your time.

PS: why did I not post that before the update in the thread on the recipes on the testserver, well I wanted to do that but the developers were faster than me :P