Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

new armor

The armour really looks stunning!

Again great job Roja :D:D

One can only dream how tit-plate is gonne look

And with those new ores on the doorstep of entering the game... :P

What can we expect more :P

... falls asleep in a sweet sweet dream ...

Can't wait to see how it looks on my gnome :blink:

On rainy days you will be able to flip the helmet upside down and make your own swimming pool

As for those of you who said that armor/helm like that doesnt look like it would be real or used in medievil times, that is false. In the roman times (way before medievil), they wore helms such as that. Later on, after hundreds of years, medievil europe followed the religion of the roman catholics so they also used their style of art, meaning armors such as roja's (exampled beautifully) were indeed real.

Another topic i saw was a complaint about how everyone would be walking around with the same symbol patterns on the armor. in my own opinion, i think it would be neat to have a little variety of steel armor designs, maybe symbols that represented the gods. if you were to follow gods, you are allowed to follow 3. how they are picked (for example, Alluwen, Glilin and Unolas were chosen,) decides the pattern and that is the only type of armor you are allowed to wear (showing loyalty to your gods). if you reset, armor goes to being normal armor like if you were godless, then there is a style for that too. By having armor like that, it would also show other players what they are up against in pk areas. if someone is walking aroun with summoning, att and magic symbol, it would have them aware that there is a possibility that the enemy may summon to help them fight their battle. IDK... just an idea :)

Very nice work with the armor, cant wait to wear it

-X~~

WOW! That is very awsome looking, Lol that looked like soldus and aislinn, it looks extremly midevil, I bet it's gunna cost a lot too!

Keep up the good work :)

Well to be honest I don't love the helmet either..but I have a big challenge/problem when making any head gear: the hair.

The helmets have to be able to fit the largest hairdo, so that means they are much wider than the should be and look a little funny. I had this in mind when I originally made the hairs, purposely making them as small as can be with the small variety we have..but I couldn't make everyone's hair pasted against their head.

Sure it's possible to make a special "helmet head" model-but then i'd be making one for almost every head because the hair that sticks out of it needs to be unique. And that's a lot of work that really isn't worth it imo-but this is pretty much the only way to do it. Not to mention the fact that ever helmet model is slightly different, and tha twould have to be taken into account too!

And it would look stupid to just use a bald head so that wouldn't work either.

Anyway I do have other ideas for some cool helmets that I know would work fine, and armor too of course, but I was saving them for some special armor sets ;) Maybe i'll change this one around a bit..I'll see. Maybe not as it does have the elements I'd like it to have, it just doesnt' look correct because it's not tight against the head.

rofl, make a helm with holes? :D one that like is called a desert helm... it keeps ur head cool instead of hot... ;)

Edited by chrish16

The armor is great, I do not care what anyone says.....

But please let the next armor suit be pitc black, I need a true black knight suit...

But I really like the steel plate.

The armor is great, I do not care what anyone says.....

But please let the next armor suit be pitc black, I need a true black knight suit...

But I really like the steel plate.

Teh Black Knight reigns! :P

Awesome, I like this idea.

Heh. Black armor he wants.

Clicky:Darth Gnome

Teh Black Knight reigns! :)
If I may, though I probably shouldn't. Which one? There'll be multiple hundreds running around with it at any given time. And there's also the matter of a certain other game. But we won't get into that.

Yay, some of the armor plates are 3D. I forget who said that the helmet looks like a mohawk, but I'll be saying the same..

Edited by Hazor

:looks around for a bawwel: :ph34r:

and they don't look like mohawks, they simply look like horse-hair helms, typical, as has been mentioned, of many greco-roman forces, eg. spartans, greeks, and legionaires. i feel they fit with the game quite fine, since most of Irilion is basically an empire, or has been (read the storylines, specifially the founding of Sedicolis ;-)...the "new" armor could simply just be new to Seridia, they're old hat back in Idaloran :):icon13:

Roja, you've done it again! They look great, helmets too. I'm sure it's too much to ask if the helmet 'mane' bobs up and down, and blows in the wind......

Probably an unpopular suggestion, but designing a helmet that obscures all hair, leaving only the face visible " :) " might work for a sleek look?

Here's a link to a fantastic website of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC and their permanent Arms and Armor exhibit. great for zooming in on the real deal! Going here was an occasional birthday treat when I was a kid. Even built the plastic models of some of the suits of armor.....

http://www.metmuseum.org/Works_of_Art/department.asp?dep=4

Click on 'Collection Highlights'. This may shed some light on time periods and styles. The extremely elaborate stuff here was made for emporers and kings, also tournaments and showing off, makes LOTR look like Halloween at WalMart. Some serious web surfing here.....

Edited by Samanex

oh btw the first pic of the steel armor was me and roja by ip fire. i was wondering what she was doing telling me to stand like that hehe