Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

new armor

Well to be honest I don't love the helmet either..but I have a big challenge/problem when making any head gear: the hair.

The helmets have to be able to fit the largest hairdo, so that means they are much wider than the should be and look a little funny. I had this in mind when I originally made the hairs, purposely making them as small as can be with the small variety we have..but I couldn't make everyone's hair pasted against their head.

Sure it's possible to make a special "helmet head" model-but then i'd be making one for almost every head because the hair that sticks out of it needs to be unique. And that's a lot of work that really isn't worth it imo-but this is pretty much the only way to do it. Not to mention the fact that ever helmet model is slightly different, and tha twould have to be taken into account too!

And it would look stupid to just use a bald head so that wouldn't work either.

Anyway I do have other ideas for some cool helmets that I know would work fine, and armor too of course, but I was saving them for some special armor sets :blush: Maybe i'll change this one around a bit..I'll see. Maybe not as it does have the elements I'd like it to have, it just doesnt' look correct because it's not tight against the head.

Keep in mind that fancier armors are actually bad for combat. the more places that the weapon can lodge or a blow can do more damage. Plus, fancier armor spells out important target

Sure, but this is a fantasy game. Players want to look cool, not practicle :blush:

Although I do try to balance that out. I don't like to get totally unrealistic, stupid, and stereotypical like some games/shows

Well to be honest I don't love the helmet either..but I have a big challenge/problem when making any head gear: the hair.

No idea, how this would work technically, but can't we assume hair to be tucked in the helmet for this armor? Would solve an artistic problem and a combat vulnerability (you don't want space between your head and your helmet) :huh:

I love the design of the patterns and also allows for a bit of variation and differentiation: gold plated (as posted), emerald imbued (greenish) etc...

As a side note, I'm surprised plate is evolving, but we still miss chain head/legs/feet (less accuracy negs :)).

As a side note, I'm surprised plate is evolving, but we still miss chain head/legs/feet (less accuracy negs :blink:).

Do we need them? Iron cuisses/greaves have only -1 accuracy/defence, while leather has 0. And there is not much armor difference between them. Leather pants is 1-2, and cuisses are 2-5. I don't think we need something in between. But a higher variety of hats would be nice.

Do we need them? Iron cuisses/greaves have only -1 accuracy/defence, while leather has 0. And there is not much armor difference between them. Leather pants is 1-2, and cuisses are 2-5. I don't think we need something in between. But a higher variety of hats would be nice.

I personally would like them added to the manu progression to give some variety and hopefully provide a little bit of a market.

-I have no idea what the price/ingredients/nexus/etc will be for it..please don't ask me when I post new stuff...we find that out later and even if I did know, I wouldnt' tell :blink:

There you go chim.

I personally would like them added to the manu progression to give some variety and hopefully provide a little bit of a market.

That will happen as we add more weapons/etc

Ok I cut off half of the banana nose, and it looks much better now imo :blink:

I saw people wearing the helmet with chainmail and leather pants and it looks good I think.

steelarmor3.jpg

Still looks great to me either way Roja but personally I preferred the banana nose as you call it. Its nice to protect my precious Dragoni nose. :rolleyes:

Edited by Savyl

That will happen as we add more weapons/etc

Weapons are for Trik :confused: A dagger would be nice though - I keep trying to steal them from fem gobs :>

I'd seriouly love a full chain for my 'rogue'.

As for the stats, even if it were the same as leather armor wise, it wouldn't have the heat/cold protection, but it would have higher durability (less then plate obviously).