Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

new armor

Looks like I am the only one who doesn't go 'YAY!'

Personally I think you should remove the ornaments... more details is not always better... less is more as they say. I cannot imagine those helms in medieval times (yeah I know... 'who said EL is medieval?' ).

I admire your hard work Roja, just this time I am not sure if this is EL style :)

Personally I think you should remove the ornaments... more details is not always better... less is more as they say. I cannot imagine those helms in medieval times (yeah I know... 'who said EL is medieval?' ).

I admire your hard work Roja, just this time I am not sure if this is EL style :)

I agree with LadyReni- personally i like current armor much more.. it doesnt mean that i dont like your work Roja, its great, it just doesnt fit in style of EL IMO.

It is possible that that ornaments would look strange, but I like the helm. I don't knw what the problem is with that (medieval people actually wore those kind of hats).

I agree with LadyReni- personally i like current armor much more.. it doesnt mean that i dont like your work Roja, its great, it just doesnt fit in style of EL IMO.

I don't quite see your point. LOTR (lord of the rings) for example is very medieval. Now let's just take a look at some of the armor they wore.

and

as well as

The second and third one you can both see decorative armor and helms very similar to the ones that will be implented.

I do however agree that sometimes less is better. But i like this style.

IMO EL is medieval. Everything is done by hand. People mine, they make things by hand. I don't see anything done by machine, unless i totally missed something here. There are mythical creatures, spells, magic. A lot of this stuff people believed in a long time ago, mainly medieval ages.

Just my honest opinion.

Great work Roja! Can't wait to see these in-game ^^

will be something to spend my money on ;)

-kat

Obviously it fits the game theme perfectly.

I think it's beautiful, I would pick this first every time. Well maybe not the helmet, I love the crown :)

Besides, variety is the spice of life, no need for another set of armour to look exactly like all the others.

Actually I believe that the best medieval armour was often ornately engraved and the later the period the more ornate they became. It reflected the status and wealth of the owner.

Edited by LochnessLobster

Guest xanadoo

It Looks AWESOME WOOT!!!!! ROJA!!!!

The only thing that would make it look better is a picture of xanadoo in chest plate lol

And when will making books be avaible? At the same update?

I'm working on the patch for that, and It will be ready for the next client update.

Kat omg I cannot believe you say that ' LOTR (lord of the rings) for example is very medieval.' read a bit about real medieval times and don't base your opinions on some fantasy movies/books.

One more thing: I posted my opinion, it wasn't ment for starting a discussions.

Kat omg I cannot believe you say that ' LOTR (lord of the rings) for example is very medieval.' read a bit about real medieval times and don't base your opinions on some fantasy movies/books.

It's the style. LOTR is set in a medieval time period-NOT medieval Earth. Same as EL.

It doesn't matter anyway, the point is there is a variety. If you don't like it, wear a different armour that you do like. This way there is something for everybody. It's impossible to please all of the people all of the time, so this way there is something different for everyone to choose from.

Upon my first glance, I didn't like the helm because it looked like a mohawk but in all due honesty now I love the whole suit. I also originally thought that maybe it should look less "new" and "shiny" and more worn and used instead of something to wear for a parade or a special event. Maybe after wearing armor or using weapons, etc.. it begins to age or the newness wears out unless we bring it to a NPC blacksmith and he repairs/upgrades it for a fee to make it look new and more durable again?

Anyway, I think its gorgeous and it is beautiful work. No one will be forced to wear that armor. Its all about choice and having the power to choose. Personally, I would love to wear it.

Also, It is very traditional "medieval" style. There were many different cultures (Roman, French, English, Eternal Lands, etc to different periods also such as: roman, renaissance, european knights, etc.) and classes even amongst the classes and this lovely new set of armor which Roja has created is "medieval" looking and EL appropriate down to the last detail. BTW, LOTR may be fantasy related but nevertheless set in medieval times and most of the armor, etc is classic.

Creating armor is an artform. It is traditional to create one's own style whether its dress armor or combat armor, etc.

Here are a few links:

example 1(images not rerpoductions of "real" medieval armor)

Helms (these are reproductions for sale)

Link 3(images not rerpoductions of "real" medieval armor)

Link 4 (images not rerpoductions of "real" medieval armor)

More images of real armor and period garments.. look at the bottom

Link 5.. a glossary

I could put an endless list of links but I'd rather encourage each of you to do a little research on your own.

Finally, EL is reality based inspired by the medieval times but at the same time mixed with fantasy. We can create our own style and we have.. from fire essence to binding stones and all types of races and armors down to the fine tuned market channel.

Great work Roja on the new armor and I look forward to wearing it (I still want a dress though meant for a goddess or queen)! :icon13:

EDIT: I also think there should be level restrictions to wear this armor and to use certain types of weapons or even to make certain items, etc.. or even to go onto certain maps. It gives the player a goal to work towards. Human nexus 7 would be good for steel plate armor and 8 for tit plate armor. Even in the medieval days, a weakling couldn't wear heavy expensive armor and one had to earn that privalage and honour.

Edited by Savyl

One more thing: I posted my opinion, it wasn't ment for starting a discussions.

If you didn't want it to be discussed, maybe you should have stated so?

Sorry, if i sounded insulting, because i didn't mean for that. I was simply stating a fact or moreover what i knew about the topic.

-kat

First of all, EL is not "real" medieval, it's a fantasy game, much like LOTR or WoW. And for that theme, this armor is suitable. I don't know much about medieval armory, but kings and other high ranked people could wear such armors, as they had unique swords and shields. Of course not every knight could afford it, as in EL every noob has an iron plate due to its falling price, and many people will have the steel one also IMO. It depends on the price of course.

I think it'd look a little nicer if the torso part was a little wider and longer and was covering the "belt" part of leg armor. I hope it wouldn't look horrbile when wearing only the torso...

Edited by Ulrih