Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sandcastle

Raw Meat for sale by Taverns

Raw meat ingame is becoming very scarce and costly to come by since both summoners use it and potioners use it in feasting pots, and feasting pots with the cooldown are the best way to mix or manufacture.

Since the taverns buy it ingame I am wondering if it is possible to have the taverns sell it as well. It is not a matter of cost since ingame it is going for 5gold ( and if you take into account the vial, wine and meat cost it is almost cheaper to buy the feasting potions from Mira) but as a potions maker I enjoy mixing my own.

I know some of us would say raw meat spoils and is that is why only cooked meat, bread, fruit and veggies are at the Taverns, but they spoil also. Maybe Taverns should only get shipments on certain days, but that seems to me harder to impliment then selling it all the time.

If all else fails is it possible to tweek the receipe for feasting pots to use something that is hard to come by but not nearly impossible with so much competition. Maybe something we can harvest but is still fairly rare or hard to get like tit ore or diamonds or rubies. (I know that is not a food item, but I want you to know I am not asking for it to be made easy, simply not quite so hard)

Just a suggestion, not a whine, I will keep chasing boars happily if the answer is no.

Very Respectfully ~Sandcastle

Raw meat ingame is becoming very scarce and costly to come by since both summoners use it and potioners use it in feasting pots, and feasting pots with the cooldown are the best way to mix or manufacture.

Surely this would be creating a market for meat. I'm suprised that if there actually is the demand loads of people aren't making money that way. Might be time to relocate to C2 for that boar spawn.

People don't want to take the time to get it. Newbs don't want to because it's newblike, and nobody else can be bothered.

I think if it gets sold at all, it needs to be expensive enough that nobody will want to buy it afterall, like buying furs from Henrik or goodies from Harvy.

There are plenty of other resources and items that are used by more than one skill, and players have to choose which to use it for at any given time.

People should be getting off their **** and getting those boars and leopards and bunnies, absolutely.

We went through all this with the feasting potion debate anyway.

Wow,

I did not know this had been debated, I am sorry. I thought it was a pretty good idea, and I am certainly not lazy in any way. As I said above, back to boars for me.

Go ahead and delete this thread.

~Sandcastle

I don't recall the selling of raw meat being debated.

But the changing of the feasting potions was, as well as the issue of summoners and potioners now both needing the raw meat.

I wasn't referring to you being lazy, one of the past arguments of changing the feasting potions ingredients was that players didn't want to have to get bunnies when they would rather be getting ogres or whatever it was. Kinda like I don't want to get iron ore for bars, i'd rather be getting cape drops, but oh well *shrugs* ...it's part of the deal of making bars. You do need to make choices sometimes.

I don't like idea of selling raw meat by taverns - it's not very logic. Maybe Henrik might do it - he is a hunter after all.

I don't like idea of selling raw meat by taverns - it's not very logic. Maybe Henrik might do it - he is a hunter after all.

and it might give him more of a role in the game - for example i know where he is but haven't really found a use for him yet - if he sold raw meat (but leaving bones for players to pick up since so many ppl still leave them) might give him more of a presence in the gamebut it would have to b balanced w/ cooked meat to give the price more realism